Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

M3TOS2K (Mugen, J's Racing, Spoon, ASM)

Old 12-16-2015, 06:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good!!! Beatuiful m3
Old 12-17-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I contacted Evasive and started my build. They have been amazing to work with every step of the way. The first step was getting onto a 255/40/17 square setup. I also wanted to try out the Spoon calipers because my pads were wearing very unevenly at the track with the stock calipers. I went with 17x10 +50 Yoko RSII's because I wanted to get a set of wheels that were already in stock.

I also ordered Ohlin DFV's from my friend's shop since he sells a lot of them and gets discounts.

J's Camber joints and axle spacers installed as well.

Before the fender roll/pull it wasn't looking good. I thought I had made a mistake.

But my friend did his magic and was able to get my fenders to clear. Took my car to Laguna that week and no rubbing on the fenders! But because of the heavy compression at that track, I was rubbing on the frame.

I also unlinked my rear sway bar at Laguna because of the square setup. I totally forgot about upgrading my front sway. It was a decent band aid until I was able to install an eibach front bar.

For my second set of mods, I picked up a bunch of goodies. J's Header, T1R 70R EM Single exhaust, Berk test pipe, Flash Pro, Spoon Rigid Collars, Spoon lower X brace, and a pair of Bride Vios III's.

This new exhaust setup sounded AMAZING in the upper RPMs. But in the lower RPMs, it was DRONE DRONE DRONE. I couldn't stand it after 1 day so I removed it and put it up for sale. Contacted Evasive and ended up ordering a Mugen exhaust. I went with the Mugen because I heard it's a lot more livable. My priority for an exhaust is no drone, nice sound (doesn't have to be loud), and losing weight. I also realized I much prefer a dual exhaust system over single. That empty bumper hole just bugged me.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:20 AM

Installed my J's Header and Flash Pro a few days later.

(Don't worry I installed the heat shield. Just took a photo before that step)

Installed the OEM Side Strakes. Really helps the look with the aggressive wheel fitment.

Went to disneyland with the family and stopped by RockStar Garage to pick up a roll bar as one would.

Ordered a Shorai lightweight battery and waiting on that awesome battery bracket from Kinetic Customs.

Also ordered Spoon Suspension bushings and Motor/Transmission Mounts.

Made sticker templates for fun (I have a vinyl cutter)

Also a hard top hoist from roadster solutions.

It works, but feels homemade and definitely not worth what they charge. I also don't trust it long term. But it's been good because I can remove the top without asking my wife to help.
The following users liked this post:
heeltoe624 (03-22-2022)
Old 12-17-2015, 10:20 AM

Getting ready for my Spoon bushing install.

I was going press the bushings out myself, but after having a hard time getting the right size cups to press the bushings out, I decided that it would just he easier to take my arms to a shop and have them do it all for me. Really glad I ended up just doing that. I also installed 12/10k Swift springs while my suspension was apart. It made a huge positive difference. Went to Sonoma for a track day that week and the car felt fantastic.

My S2000 was slumming it in this garage.

Since I can't source an OEM spoiler in Rio Yellow, I decided to try out an Ebay replica. Fitment was perfect, but the color is slightly off. Bugs me in some lighting conditions.

Picked up a few goodies off a forum member selling a few parts. Also installed the spoon subframe rigid collars and spoon engine/motor mounts at my friend's shop. The car feels brand new now! The suspension just feels utterly fantastic. Can't wait for my next track day.

Cutting my OEM hood for the Mugen Intake.

Looking goooood

Got the ASM cooling plate anodized black.

Installed the J's strut tower bar and engine torque damper. Nothing fit well, but it was easy enough to modify a few stock components to get it all working.

I'm really big on quality OEM/Aftermarket parts. My M3 had the factory M3 GTS front splitter, rear wing, and chromoly half cage. So the same goes for the S2000. But I don't build show cars. I build my cars to be fun on the street and track while still looking good. People used to think I was crazy for building my M3 with all those quality parts and using them on the race track. But that's what these parts are designed for.
freddydela (09-08-2023)
Old 12-17-2015, 10:21 AM

S2KRIO (11-12-2019)
Old 12-17-2015, 10:55 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice build.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Looking Good Mark! should make the trip down to button Willow soon!
Old 12-17-2015, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet build. You use so many high quality aftermarket parts, so it's nice to see that you got rid of the T1R exhaust which is made by a crappy Chinese company. Next, trade away your RSG bar. It's just a copy of the Hard dog roll bar (and all their other RSG brand stuff is copies too).
Old 12-17-2015, 05:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeMaster
Sweet build. You use so many high quality aftermarket parts, so it's nice to see that you got rid of the T1R exhaust which is made by a crappy Chinese company. Next, trade away your RSG bar. It's just a copy of the Hard dog roll bar (and all their other RSG brand stuff is copies too).
Let me buy you a beer sometime.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:21 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by av8ter
Originally Posted by TougeMaster' timestamp='1450398657' post='23830867
Let me buy you a beer sometime.
We should all meet up at the Touge for a beer.

Quick Reply: M3TOS2K (Mugen, J's Racing, Spoon, ASM)