Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Molestation of my Berlina AP2

Old 10-20-2014, 03:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Molestation of my Berlina AP2

Had been looking on and off for a couple of years before coming across this one locally last July. Met all my wants aside from color(who doesn't want GPW?) but I don't regret going with Berlina by any means.

Day I picked it up... Got stupid lucky finding this. Had given up almost all hope that I'd find an unmolested one then this one appeared locally out of thin air.

Gave it a once over with some clay and some sealant.

Added a new OEM lip and the obligatory agm batt.

Finally found an OEM top worth pulling the trigger on(had been looking for one since the day I bought it). Ended up having to travel to KY for it but it was a fun drive. Spent the night at the dragon on the way up there and got some good runs in despite the cold weather(late December).

Didn't take any pics of the install but I ended up plucking the soft top at the same time. Never much of a top down lover, could only tolerate it after the sun had gone down.

Stayed like this for a while when waiting for wheels and tires to come in. Decided to get the driving position optimized in the meantime. Picked up a Profi SPG and Nagisa seat rail from Evasive. I originally wanted to go with a Pole Position but wasn't happy with the quality of the compatible sliders on the market at the time. Has honestly been one of my favorite mods. A little tighter on the hips than I expected but I finally felt like I fit in the car.

Tires came in the mail while waiting for the wheels. After much debate I decided to go with 255 RE11As square. Was originally planning to go with 245/255 stagger but changed my mind last minute.

Some stance adjusters from Evasive. Had always wanted a set of these during my Integra days but could never justify a set until owning the S.

All ready to go on...

And... wheels. Took the better part of six months to decide what I wanted. Ended up going with the Advan RSIIs. 17x9 front and rear, +63F +45R(GTR face). Took a little gamble on the color without seeing a set in semi gloss black prior but I love them. Wait was a little under three months, once again facilitated by Evasive. Got them just in time to plan an impromptu trip to the dragon along with some local s2000 friends for the Rocking The Dragon event.

Car stayed like this for a while. Just enjoyed driving the car with tires that weren't ten years old. Made some adjustments to the dampeners as well as some peload and sway bar(eibach) changes. Attended Miatas at the Gap in July. Good friend took some pics while we there.

And now we're at my two recent changes. Made the decision the swap the passenger seat out too so that I could sell the stock seats together. Ended up picking up a new Pole Position off craigslist. Made a rail for it using the factory seat rails. Took a chance on this but it turned out great. Super solid, sliding operation comparable to stock, and as low as possible(rubbing the carpet). Going to have the side plates CNCd with more mounting positions as soon as I get a chance. Plan to make one for the driver side too so I can replace the Nagisa.

And lastly... snuck a set of Stoptech Trophies on before the Dragon Fall Run trip.

Can't forget some all season floor mats in time for winter...

Old 10-20-2014, 03:30 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Amazing.

I love what you did with the Pole Position, if I ever get one I'll have to try that.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by fernando.
Amazing.

I love what you did with the Pole Position, if I ever get one I'll have to try that.
Thanks

Only took a little measuring, head scratching, and some good ol' ignorance. Works way better than I hoped. I'd say stiffness is on par with, if not greater than the Nagisa.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Lovely modifications and photography. I gotta get myself one of those hardtops
Old 10-20-2014, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
Lovely modifications and photography. I gotta get myself one of those hardtops

Thanks. I love the OEM top. Had my mind set on it long before purchasing the car.

Some random pics for the last week... Need to dig up some Dragon pics. Thought I had them hosted somewhere.

IMG_7693 cadj by kevinamayne, on Flickr

IMG_7734 crop+cadj by kevinamayne, on Flickr

LPcrop+cadj by kevinamayne, on Flickr

IMG_7803 by kevinamayne, on Flickr

IMG_7795 copy by kevinamayne, on Flickr
Old 10-23-2014, 09:08 AM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Car looks great. C u at the dragon in April?
Old 10-23-2014, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by jst2878
Car looks great. C u at the dragon in April?

Thanks man. Should be there.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:34 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Good stuff. Like what you did with the passenger seat rail. I wonder if this might be a reasonable solution for the 06+ passenger seat issues? Using the OEM rail and simply creating new side mounts. (Looking at my seats the passenger seat rail on the 06+ is pretty different from the earlier models and the drivers side.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:41 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Nice! love the build so far
Old 10-23-2014, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Good stuff. Like what you did with the passenger seat rail. I wonder if this might be a reasonable solution for the 06+ passenger seat issues? Using the OEM rail and simply creating new side mounts. (Looking at my seats the passenger seat rail on the 06+ is pretty different from the earlier models and the drivers side.
Was going to try to get together with a local CR owner to make one for his passenger side but I believe he changed his mind on swapping seats... Oh well. I do want to try a 06+ though because I know the SRS light must drive people nuts.

The plan is to have them available for purchase(D/S and 00-05 P/S) as a complete rail using brand new OEM sliders and seat belt buckles. Sides will be CNCd to ensure maximum street cred.

Quick Reply: Molestation of my Berlina AP2