Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Molestation of my Berlina AP2

Old 10-23-2014, 06:05 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by av8ter
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1414114456' post='23380914
Good stuff. Like what you did with the passenger seat rail. I wonder if this might be a reasonable solution for the 06+ passenger seat issues? Using the OEM rail and simply creating new side mounts. (Looking at my seats the passenger seat rail on the 06+ is pretty different from the earlier models and the drivers side.
Was going to try to get together with a local CR owner to make one for his passenger side but I believe he changed his mind on swapping seats... Oh well. I do want to try a 06+ though because I know the SRS light must drive people nuts.

The plan is to have them available for purchase(D/S and 00-05 P/S) as a complete rail using brand new OEM sliders and seat belt buckles. Sides will be CNCd to ensure maximum street cred.
Good idea. Would be awesome to make these available for sale. The 06+ cars there is the lower mounting bracket and then the rail that is actually attached to that. After installing seats in my 06 I am of the opinion that the best solution is to just not worry about it and remove all that stuff from the car anyway. Airbags be damned.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1414114456' post='23380914
Good stuff. Like what you did with the passenger seat rail. I wonder if this might be a reasonable solution for the 06+ passenger seat issues? Using the OEM rail and simply creating new side mounts. (Looking at my seats the passenger seat rail on the 06+ is pretty different from the earlier models and the drivers side.
Was going to try to get together with a local CR owner to make one for his passenger side but I believe he changed his mind on swapping seats... Oh well. I do want to try a 06+ though because I know the SRS light must drive people nuts.

The plan is to have them available for purchase(D/S and 00-05 P/S) as a complete rail using brand new OEM sliders and seat belt buckles. Sides will be CNCd to ensure maximum street cred.
Hi Av8ter - if you have any interest in modifying seat rails for my '08 Berlina, let me know. I have a set of '04 OEM seats and I'm trying to get them to fit. PM me if you're interested. I'm in metro Atlanta. Thanks!
Old 11-08-2014, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good looking mods my friend.
More info on floor mats?
Old 11-09-2014, 06:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KSean
More info on floor mats?
More info on this thread.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...red-group-buy/
Old 11-11-2014, 06:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome work! I am working down a similar build path, how do you like the Ohlins setup? I'm between that and the KW V3's.

Also what kind of fender work was needed to run 255 all around? I am debating a similar setup for next season.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Old 11-11-2014, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tdoolin18
Awesome work! I am working down a similar build path, how do you like the Ohlins setup? I'm between that and the KW V3's.

Also what kind of fender work was needed to run 255 all around? I am debating a similar setup for next season.

Thanks man. I've never been compelled to run double adjustable on any of my cars. Wont call them overkill but I just have just never felt the were necessary for any of my needs. The Ohlins were a obvious choice. I really love them and feel like they are a step above the rest at their price point. I will say that I have the dampening adjusted a little higher that I'd like to compensate for the springs(stock rates) being a little soft for what I use the car for. Will be upping to 11k swifts all around this winter when I have the car down to do studs.

With these wheels/tires I did a very mild roll/relocate to the rears. Didn't want to do anymore than I had to. The fronts have the tabs cut off the fender and the fender liners tucked up into the fender lip. No roll.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:01 PM

Should have some new stuff to post in the next couple of weeks. About to start the exhaust which has been forever in the planning stages until recently. Decided to go with a 2.5'' titanium exhaust with a single exit. Going to be running a Burns Stainless muffler in the stock cat location also in order to keep the volume down. Full header back should be less than 16lbs when done. Going to be fabricated by a good friend and fellow S2000 enthusiast. Excited to ditch the boat anchor that is the stock exhaust/cat. Can't believe how much that thing weighs.

Here is a vid I made for my friend of the exhaust on his personal car. Will be similar except with the Burns muffler in the stock cat location. His is a full header back with only the single titanium resonator. His car has the revised Toda header(more ambient valvetrain noise) and a Mugen intake for reference. Sounds incredible with a real signature to it. Very "forced" sound with a unique resonance.

http://youtu.be/KqShDM4NrIk

Old 11-21-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tdoolin18' timestamp='1415718334' post='23400993

Thanks man. I've never been compelled to run double adjustable on any of my cars. Wont call them overkill but I just have just never felt the were necessary for any of my needs. The Ohlins were a obvious choice. I really love them and feel like they are a step above the rest at their price point. I will say that I have the dampening adjusted a little higher that I'd like to compensate for the springs(stock rates) being a little soft for what I use the car for. Will be upping to 11k swifts all around this winter when I have the car down to do studs.

With these wheels/tires I did a very mild roll/relocate to the rears. Didn't want to do anymore than I had to. The fronts have the tabs cut off the fender and the fender liners tucked up into the fender lip. No roll.
Yeah I'm not sure that the double adjustable will be necessary at the point where I currently am with my car but, I've heard great things about both setup's.

Thanks for the info on the tires, definitely leaning towards this setup, I really want to keep the stock body lines with minimal fender work.

Thanks for the info and keep up the good work!

-edit- That exhaust sounds awesome, I'd be interested to hear it with the muffler on it.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:59 AM

Nothing really new. Had a final version Mugen exhaust fall in my lap randomly. Still going with custom single but no excuse not to clean it up and throw it on. Exhaust is in pretty good shape. Just needed a good cleaning. Picked up some Brasso cleaned it up by hand. Worked really well.

4000-6500RPM sounds incredible. Higher up till readline it starts to fall behind intake noise. I've got a fleabay test pipe coming to hopefully wake it up a little in the higher RPMs and reduce some of the slight 2500-4000RPM drone.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:02 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Big fan of this car and the pictures. I would love to see some pics of the BBK, wheel fitment, and spacers.

Quick Reply: Molestation of my Berlina AP2