Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

My Suzuka 2004 AP1 S2K build-up

Old 05-16-2016, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Suzuka 2004 AP1 S2K build-up

Hi guys.
Hello to anyone who doesn't know me and to those who remember! I used to own a 00' Monte Carlo Blue S2000. It was really cool to be a part of this community, so now it's nice to be back.

This was my car that I had to sell in 2009:

In the mean time I've been through many cars but now I got me an S2000 again. It's a 2004 AP1 (European car). It's still got cable operated throttle and no VSA but at the same time it looks like AP2 and has all the lifting improvements. I bought it with something like 29k kms (18.5k miles) on the odo so the car feels and looks like new. Some like the color, some don't - I'm getting more and more used to it and start to like it a lot.

Here she is the day I brought her home:

The original plan was to buy a different car, painted Midnight Pearl, but it didn't go to plan and I ended up with this one. Here's a drawing of what the original concept was:

And here's what it looks like after a little correction:

I already gothered most of the parts needed for the make-over and plan to show you guys the steps I take to build my second S2K. Hopefuly I'll be able to keep her for a long time.
Stay tuned.

gusbo
Old 05-16-2016, 07:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 214 Likes on 137 Posts

That artwork is really cool man. If the car turns out to look anything like the drawing, it'll be a huge win. Welcome back!
Old 05-16-2016, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
That artwork is really cool man. If the car turns out to look anything like the drawing, it'll be a huge win. Welcome back!
Thanks! So here's some things I've already done to the car.

First stop - wheels:
I bought a set of Bltz 01's. They were in an OK shape but I took them apart and powder coated them. Lips are gloss gunmetal and rotors are satin mat graphite silver(ish). People either love or hate them. I like the result although they were initialy planned for a dark car. I may or may not repaint them in the future.

I also bought a set of Muteki lug nuts:

Wheels test-fitted on the car (Eibach springs, no alignement). Sizes are:
Front 17x8; ET45 (225/45/17),
rear 17x9; ET 45 (255/40/17):
Old 05-18-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOVED your old car. can't wait to see the new build
Old 05-31-2016, 01:04 AM

Thanks. This one will look more mature but I hope it'll still be cool.
Another piece of the puzzle was changing my suspension. I opted for D2 coilovers. Car will be 90% of the time on the streets so they are enough for the moment. Also, while I was at it I added drive shaft spacers and Tegiwa front bump-steer kit. Car started to look decent but fenders needed some work and alignement was required. Next thing was one of my favourite S2000 upgrades - MRacing mirrors. Love them!:

Old 07-04-2016, 10:57 PM

OK, some updates. I wanted to have a vented rear bumper and figured out it would look nice to cut just one hole in the middle of it. So I took my Dremel and:

To tone it down I plasti-dipped the lower portion of the bumper (just to see what it looks like):

Then I added spats to the bumnper as well as side diffusers. I ditched the H emblems too:

It was time to do something with the front end of the S:

Car was so quiet I had to liven it up a little - by mounting a Q300:

I did have a Amuse replica front bumper lying in the basement so I decided to give it a try:

Fitment was terrible but I plan to use it untill I come up with something nicer for the front. So I painted it anyway:

The rear bumper is now half-painted satin Honda Quantum Grey Pearl. Also, I put on a Tamon duck tail. I loved it on my previous car and love it here as well:

Here's a final result up to that point:

More updates soon
Old 07-05-2016, 04:01 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Looking good! Nice drawings btw
Old 07-05-2016, 06:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Your car is coming along nicely I also came across my suzuka blue for a good price and had to get used to the color, but now I love it. Did yours come with the blue top from the factory?
Old 07-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Community Organizer

Received 214 Likes on 137 Posts

Love the car so far, man! The blue top looks great on that car.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Looking good! Nice drawings btw
Thank you. I love your car and have a question - how's the fitment on Varis overfenders? How do they connect to the body?

Originally Posted by greenEFSI
Your car is coming along nicely I also came across my suzuka blue for a good price and had to get used to the color, but now I love it. Did yours come with the blue top from the factory?
Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Love the car so far, man! The blue top looks great on that car.
Thanks, the blue top is OEM. I belive in Poland all the Nurburgring Blue S2Ks had blue tops. They were pre-ordered that way. I love it, it sure gives the car a lot of character.

Quick Reply: My Suzuka 2004 AP1 S2K build-up