Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

JDM Panda's 2006 NFR AP2 Build

Old 06-01-2021, 12:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default JDM Panda's 2006 NFR AP2 Build

Hi, Everyone I just recently picked up this pretty mint condition 2006 Honda NFR S2000. I've always wanted to purchase one in the past but it was never the right time. I'm super excited to finally own one and here is a short vlog I did on my journey to get the car and drove it back to Pennsylvania. Just wanted to also make this thread so I can document the build as time goes on.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:31 AM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome and congratulations on your S2000!
What's your future plans for the car?
Old 06-04-2021, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by dursteri
Welcome and congratulations on your S2000!
What's your future plans for the car?
Gonna build it to do HPDE
Old 06-04-2021, 07:39 PM
Jub

Received 384 Likes on 308 Posts

Congrats! Any previous HPDE/Driving experience? I'm from MD and do a fair amount of regional autocross events. I definitely recommend those. Are you planning to just do fun HPDEs or competition events? I'd like to do more track stuff and will consider the Gridlife TR class in the future. Gridlife seems tough to hit from the east coast though.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jub
Congrats! Any previous HPDE/Driving experience? I'm from MD and do a fair amount of regional autocross events. I definitely recommend those. Are you planning to just do fun HPDEs or competition events? I'd like to do more track stuff and will consider the Gridlife TR class in the future. Gridlife seems tough to hit from the east coast though.
I currently do not have experience driving on track so I will be registering for some of the events local to me at New Jersey Motorsport Park with instructors to give me pointers. Also there seems to be a lot of S2k Events in my area from Metro Addicts and S2k Takeover not to mention also stacks in the poconos. My goal is to run it stock for this year and hopefully to get some coilovers, upgraded rotors, pads, and brake lines, hardtop. I would also like to figure out which roll bar would be appropriate for my build trying to get as much of the plastics still intact as possible.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:36 AM

So my first order of business is to do some maintenance to my S2K. Apparently three of my dealerships in my area are sold out of the S2000 Oil Filters until next week so I will have to wait until then to do the oil change. Since the Oxygen sensor came in I'm gonna get that situated first. Here's a video of me changing the sensor.

Old 08-02-2021, 02:58 AM

Finally I was able to get an oil filter. I didn't realize the oil filter was discontinued and replaced with another model. I tried to get the same oil filter that was on my car which was the 15400-PCX-004 and the parts guy told me that just to let me know that they are being replaced with the 15400-PCX-306 which is better designed oil filter.