Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 11-26-2014, 10:38 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

All right Andrew, let's see it.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:39 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
All right Andrew, let's see it.
Gotta take some real photos first.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:46 PM

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Old 11-26-2014, 10:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Instagram photos are acceptable for now....
Old 11-27-2014, 12:24 AM

Alright then.

I also decided to test out the OEM emblem on the car which I plan on installing properly soon enough. Just eyeballed it on and I am definitely a fan. Not standing out as a modified car is important to me for many reasons and I just like the way it looks.

The body shop has a solid plan for painting the hood after a lot of slow research, lots of calls and emails back and forth between an OEM paint company isn't a very speedy process unfortunately, and now just waiting to get the materials in so it should be going on soon after Thanksgiving if all goes to plan. The grill on the bumper was just painted for now, but will be powder coated once they are ready to paint the hood which will involve having that grill powder coated black as well. The grill is very subtle painted satin black since it sits so far back in the bumper, and the mounting solution I came up with is extremely strong. I will be installing brake ducts on the bumper as well which I don't think I have posted any pictures of? Another s2ki user designed some nice ones and 3D printed them specific for the R1 bumper so it will be a fantastic solution combined with the APR backing plates. The APR's have a 3" inlet but I think I will just be running 2.5" hosing as it should be more than enough for my uses and give me more clearance.

I am so happy to finally have the bumper on the car! It's so great to see the car start to come together in the way I always imagined it.I am going to try to get in some engine temperature data logging done with FlashPro before the hood is installed so I can do some runs after and compare. Hopefully I will be able to test the car on days with similar ambient temps.

The CE28N center caps were off the car at the moment since i lost one in the mountains. But since then I have got some more in so I will get those popped back in and now I have some spares as well. I am still undecided but I am leaning towards keeping the staggered CE28Ns once my 17x9.5+47s come in next year so I can switch between a square and staggered setup if I want. I am still sort of amazed that I was actually able to make that happen without too much effort.

But in the meantime...

I realized I never posted these up in this thread yet. These beautiful Wedsport TC105Ns 17x9+49 in dark gunmetal popped up from the same vendor that setup the CE28N deal. Oddly enough it was me purchasing a set of the TC105Ns that lead to that CE28N deal, but the Weds were such a good deal I couldn't resist as I knew they would work with my future brake plans, and would make for a perfect set of wheels to start testing out a square setup before my CE28Ns come in. They will also give the ability to try different tires back to back. Still need to get some tires for the Weds, but I think I will wait for another part that is on its way before I do that. j

I will get out and shoot some real photos soon with the new bumper installed.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:40 AM

I almost forgot. Another part of my car received an important upgrade to go with the new bumper.

Lot's of Hondas have a little ASIMO robot hanging from the mirror, but few have ever seen some shit like the one hanging from my mirror has seen.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:45 AM

Aaaand. Having the Amuse hood installed soon means I can begin to install a few other parts I have been hoarding as well. (Mugen intake I am looking at you). I am going to try to get some Intake Air Temp datalogs with the stock airbox and then do the same with the Mugen.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:35 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Awesome update! The bumper came out great. I'm also incredibly excited to see you throw an emblem on it. It's a fine detail most people leave off and I've always hated the look of a completely bare front end and then an emblem on the rear. Cars need to have either both front and rear or neither and I think the both look is better. Looks slightly more OEM which really adds to the look.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:04 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

does the new hood allow you to use the intake without any modifications to the hood like the oem needs?
Old 11-27-2014, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
does the new hood allow you to use the intake without any modifications to the hood like the oem needs?
Yeah the Amuse hood is able to accommodate a Mugen intake with no cutting and no hump in the hood.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II