Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 09-26-2015, 12:46 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Rays CE28N 17x9.5+47 installed!

Got some Bridgestone RE71-R in and got them mounted today on the +47s. Really love them, they fit very well and are a very similar fit to the Weds. Measuring the mounted tire tread width between the AD08R and the RE71-R on the respective wheels they are very similar. Loose, the AD08Rs are definitely a bit wider, but with the slight stretch with the 9.5 wheel the RE71-R is very similar. There is a ridiculous amount of clearance between the wheel and the caliper. If I was able to pick and exact size and offset for this wheel I think I would choose 9.5+50 or even +52, but I am very happy with the +47 I have to say. These CEs have a much deeper mounting area than the standard spec I had before, so these lugs work with them well. After having the Weds for quite awhile now, I can't really say I prefer one over the other. I like that they are similar in some ways and very different in others.

Here are some images of them mounted, the car is very dirty so apologies for that.

I recently did a track day at Sonoma raceway, and will be going back on the 5th, so I will do one larger post once I am back. It was pretty hot for my first time driving Sonoma and I got some good laps in and improved throughout the day, but I now after better learning the track I know I can go back and get some even better laps in. I will be running the Weds again for Sonoma, and will go into more detail on all that once I am back from my second day driving there.

I will be putting on new rotor rings before the next track day as my current ones are very well worn. I got nearly 10,000 miles out of this current pair.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm glad you finally got them on! Any issues rubbing in the front?
Old 09-26-2015, 05:56 AM

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

Looks very good!

Are those center caps the ze40 one's? Did you run into any fitment issues?
Old 09-26-2015, 11:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good andrew!

i'd have to say though, as much as I love the look and functionality of your ce's, your weds seem to flow better with the entire car. i hope you're planning to keep the weds, too.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by WhyW
I'm glad you finally got them on! Any issues rubbing in the front?
Doing a quick test drive there doesn't seem to be any issues. A fully flattened roll is definitely necessary on these. The main area of concern is near the front of the fender where it meets the bumper, this area needs to be flattened out well. I have the Ikeya Formula arms on the way and I think I am going to be doing normal spherical arms all around once those come in. So with those I can easily bring in the top of the tire 3-4mm which should give me plenty of extra clearance. I am going to move to stiffer springs as well which is one of the most important parts of the puzzle. Shortening the upper arm slightly should cause more dynamic camber as the suspension compresses but the difference should be minimal.

Originally Posted by Orjinal
Looks very good!

Are those center caps the ze40 one's? Did you run into any fitment issues?
Yep they are the ones designed for the ZE40, but the way they mount is identical to the normal CE28N flatcap. No fitment issues with the caps and the rear axle nut if that is what you are asking, fits fine.

Originally Posted by wingz
looks good andrew!

i'd have to say though, as much as I love the look and functionality of your ce's, your weds seem to flow better with the entire car. i hope you're planning to keep the weds, too.
Yeah I really like them both. The Weds definitely aren't going anywhere, in fact they will be going back on the car for the Sonoma event on the 5th.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:22 PM

I took a photo with the Weds on, then popped on the CEs, interesting to see the height difference of the body as the springs hadn't fully settled yet when I took the next photo.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:29 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

About damn time you got the wheels on!
Old 09-26-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
About damn time you got the wheels on!
Words cannot express the joy I felt when mounting them up. Not only that, the joy of having two sets of wheels. If I get a puncture or something, I can easily pop on the other setup
Old 09-26-2015, 06:58 PM

Spoon Engine, Transmission, Differential mounts

Stiffer mounts all around. These will be going on next week.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the CE28s look absolutely amazing!

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II