Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 01-06-2016, 07:24 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

With the car setup as is the reduction in lift up front is definitely apparent. The car feels drastically more stable at high speeds (100+mph). I think the front end and hood both contribute to this, as well as moving to a square setup. The hood was quite a big surprise, particularly how much of an affect it has on the car under high speed turn in. The stability of the car also went up just from changing the ride height as well. With the car setup as it is now, it should be very easy to add rear aero and maintain good balance. I know I could get more front downforce with a larger splitter, but with an appropriately sized rear wing the car would still be very well balanced and still quite quick. The goal is to make it quick without getting ridiculous. As the lift in the rear is reduced more I have the sway bars to help dial in the balance. I think even as is the front end might be producing a small amount of downforce at speeds above 100mph. It's amazing how stable the car is even when hitting a bump or something at 120+mph, it just doesn't budge. When hitting those same bumps at that speed with no aero at all the car was definitely more frantic.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:55 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
You asked me a technical question over PM and I didn't answer it because I just don't like either of you. It's not the end of the world. Nothing to be hostile about.
Don't worry. I get it. You're in IT.

Anyways...I am about to pull the trigger on the ASM hood from a local pending he still has it. Think it has the same results as the Amuse?
Old 01-06-2016, 08:08 PM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

You asked me a technical question over PM and I didn't answer it because I just don't like either of you. It's not the end of the world. Nothing to be hostile about.
Just wanted to quote this. Feels hostile to me. Can you publish the list of those who you don't like?
Old 01-06-2016, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhyW
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1451957018' post='23843739
Why not one of these?

It even comes with a trunk! Such a steal!

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...oducts_id=1116
lol group buy?
Old 01-06-2016, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by arsenal
Don't worry. I get it. You're in IT.

Anyways...I am about to pull the trigger on the ASM hood from a local pending he still has it. Think it has the same results as the Amuse?
I am most definitely not in IT.

I don't like you so I unfortunately I can't be bothered to answer your question.

Originally Posted by King Tut
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1452140649' post='23845603
Just wanted to quote this. Feels hostile to me. Can you publish the list of those who you don't like?
If I was being hostile I would find your build threads and make it a point to regularly post dipshit comments that in no way contribute to the discussion.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:16 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I am most definitely not in IT. I don't like you so I unfortunately I can't be bothered to answer your question. If I was being hostile I would find your build threads and make it a point to regularly post dipshit comments that in no way contribute to the discussion.
Proper answer. :thumb up:

But in all fairness, I have asked pertinent questions, touge questions aside. I do read your summaries and find them quite intriguing and insightful. Just take my comments with a grain of English cynicism. I understand that sometimes it can be lost, but all in all its a compliment.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Andrew,

I might have missed it going through all 99 pages of your build.
Did you ever get tuned with the mugen intake and your exhaust? What did you put down? I read that you also have a header you were going to put on. Is that happening any time soon?
With the snorkel, do you find that the filter gets dirty more frequently?
Great info by the way! I love your in depth and thought out reviews.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by arsenal
I am most definitely not in IT. I don't like you so I unfortunately I can't be bothered to answer your question. If I was being hostile I would find your build threads and make it a point to regularly post dipshit comments that in no way contribute to the discussion.
Proper answer. :thumb up:

But in all fairness, I have asked pertinent questions, touge questions aside. I do read your summaries and find them quite intriguing and insightful. Just take my comments with a grain of English cynicism. I understand that sometimes it can be lost, but all in all its a compliment.
Haha why didn't you tell me you were commenting in a British accent? That clears things up.

In regards to the ASM hood. I would imagine the Amuse hood has a little bit larger of an aero effect simply because it has a wider and taller vented area, but I would guess the ASM hood still provides a useful benefit.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by qpva757
Hi Andrew,

I might have missed it going through all 99 pages of your build.
Did you ever get tuned with the mugen intake and your exhaust? What did you put down? I read that you also have a header you were going to put on. Is that happening any time soon?
With the snorkel, do you find that the filter gets dirty more frequently?
Great info by the way! I love your in depth and thought out reviews.
Haven't had the chance to have the car retuned after the intake, exhaust and test pipe. Still have plans to pick up a header but haven't done it yet. I don't think the filter gets dirtier any quicker than in the OEM air box. The Mugen snorkel inlet sits in a pocket behind the bumper so I would guess if it was getting a direct feed of air it might get a little dirtier. Really just comes down to where you are driving it though, no matter where the intake inlet is in the end the car is breathing the same general mass of air. I got a secondary filter for the intake that I will put on soon so I can easily cycle in and out between the two filters. It takes a little bit of time to clean, oil, and dry a filter so this way I will always have one ready. I tend to swap air filters every 15k miles or maybe sooner if I am headed to the track.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With the car setup as is the reduction in lift up front is definitely apparent. The car feels drastically more stable at high speeds (100+mph). I think the front end and hood both contribute to this, as well as moving to a square setup. The hood was quite a big surprise, particularly how much of an affect it has on the car under high speed turn in. The stability of the car also went up just from changing the ride height as well. With the car setup as it is now, it should be very easy to add rear aero and maintain good balance. I know I could get more front downforce with a larger splitter, but with an appropriately sized rear wing the car would still be very well balanced and still quite quick. The goal is to make it quick without getting ridiculous. As the lift in the rear is reduced more I have the sway bars to help dial in the balance. I think even as is the front end might be producing a small amount of downforce at speeds above 100mph. It's amazing how stable the car is even when hitting a bump or something at 120+mph, it just doesn't budge. When hitting those same bumps at that speed with no aero at all the car was definitely more frantic.
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...ing-dry-carbon

Do it!

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II