Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 04-02-2017, 12:15 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Rear emblem installed + initial driving impressions with new aero

Full Post - o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II - Page 19 - S NI SEN

Made a template using the old trunk lid to match the placement of the original emblem, and attached using 3M automotive mounting tape.

Looks perfect to me with the emblem. Also put the Honda license plate frame back on the car.

Today I took the car for a drive along the coast and stopped to get some photos. After that I took that car on a run through the Santa Cruz mountains. High, speed, mid speed, and low speed roads. The car is absolutely incredible to drive under all situations. I can enter high speed corners and braking zones with no hesitation. It is also that much easier to get back onto the throttle without hesitation mid-corner and at exit. I am sure I am not taking full advantage of the wing as that will take some more seat time, but it is clear just how more capable it is.

This doesn't have anything to do with the new rear wing or bumper, but the car is AMAZING at low speeds too. The OS Giken 1.5way LSD is truly a thing of beauty. The way the car rotates immediately with throttle inputs is incredible, especially on lower speed roads with a lot of changing camber and bumps. Bumps or camber changes that would normally make me lift a bit to make sure the car was settled are no longer a problem. Looking forward to getting to the track with all these new bits!

The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (04-02-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 05:48 AM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Car looks fantastic.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:21 AM

ASM pulleys

The gang's all here. Going to get these installed along with the crank pulleys and fresh alternator and TCT tomorrow.
S1 S2 (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by jst2878
Car looks fantastic.
Thank you!
Old 04-09-2017, 02:18 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Following your IG and freaking love all the additions to your car. All the carbon parts are godly!!!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:09 PM

Got a little cart for wheel and tire transport that doubles as a car wash cart.

Playing around with the angle of attack range on the ASM wing, and replacing the hex bolts with something a little more aero friendly

Getting some fuel and admiring my car.

TODA and ASM pulleys installed at Trackspec Autosports. I think the best way to describe this is similar to the effect of lightening a flywheel, so generally the engine is more responsive up and down the rev range, makes heel toeing a bit easier when clutch is in, and on and off throttle at high rpm while driving hard is super responsive, so sort of delayed feedback from the engine when getting off throttle quickly, which is quite nice when driving tight and twisty stuff.

Old 05-06-2017, 02:17 PM

My friend Alexey needed some help on a shoot in the local mountains so I was happy to oblige. FormulaD driver Matt Field was filming some promotional stuff for one of his sponsors who had closed down his favorite home touge to film all day long. I was helping shoot some RED slo-mo footage while my friend was busy piloting drones and filming from a chase car. An interesting day to say the least. At the end of the day I took my friend for a run in the S2000 on the closed road. Quite the experience to just be able to drive with no concern for traffic. Would be amazing if there was a proper hill climb organization in the bay area. I'll post up the video once they have released it.

Old 05-06-2017, 02:17 PM

ASM shift boot + Sakebomb Garage DFV remote adjustors

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II - Page 20 - S NI SEN

Thanks to the ASM distributor in Taiwan (https://www.instagram.com/jam_intl/), I was able to pick up an ASM shift boot. ASM was selling some as used parts, even though they were brand new. They had an extra so I messaged them and they sent one out to me that day.

This shift boot is designed with a tighter neck, so it fit perfectly with my FD2R shift collar. With the OEM boot I needed a little rubber grommet to hold the boot up, but the ASM boot sits nicely where it should.

I also picked up some Sakebomb Garage rear remote adjustors for the DFVs. They are much nicer than the ones Ohlins offers, and are designed to be mounted to the rear interior panels. Super easy to install and work as expected. Still quite easy to determine clicks. It wasn't that big of a deal to remove the rear interior panels for rear adjustments (on the left side I removed a few clips to make moving the panel out of the way simpler), but even better not having to worry about it at all now.

S1 S2 (05-06-2017)
Old 05-06-2017, 10:25 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Looking good! Surprised I don't see a TODA itb setup yet!?
Old 05-08-2017, 12:33 PM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

Car is looking great!

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II