Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 05-09-2018, 07:17 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I didn't know there was a Rogue edition and the standard PCI super low offering - what I received from Heel Toe doesn't have the back bar.

Andrew - it may just be my particular seat, but the spacers used for mounting the seat caused threading issues on two of the inserts, most notably the rear left. I imagine the spacers were used so the side mount itself would clear the harness surround. With a mount shorter in height a spacer so thick may not have been needed. *this may just be an isolated incident*
Old 05-09-2018, 09:11 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

With the 25mm spacer. I would prob opt for the worksbell tilt hub as well. Im not sure about you; but i know my legs would have trouble squeezing between the side bolster and the wheel coming in and out.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Base Confusion?!?

Trying to clear up some information regarding the slider open back slider base.

Originally Posted by RogueMotorsports
This base was was designed for us, i believe the ones healtoe is offering a bit different. We made sure to use the open base rear instead of the standard old base and the new standard base that doesn't allow you to put the seat to the floor.
Originally Posted by RogueMotorsports
the base is different, i know the side mounts were based for the pole position but he ended up using those as standard side mounts. But the base that bolts to the car is different. Unless he sent you one of ours.
Originally Posted by arsenal
I didn't know there was a Rogue edition and the standard PCI super low offering - what I received from Heel Toe doesn't have the back bar.
Posts by Manufacturer and Vendor

On 2017/04/14, pro car innovations posted two photos of the redesigned slider base with the open back
View this post on Instagram
Base Observations - open
Sidemount observations - 6 seat mounting holes front and rear and a triangular window behind the front mounting holes

On 2018/02/13, rogue motorsports posted a photo of the redesigned slider base with the open back
Base Observations - open
Sidemount observations - these appear to be the older side mounts that ballade used with only 4 holes front and rear and no window

On 2018/04/02, rogue motorsports posted a photo of the redesigned slider base with the open back and the new pole position specific sidemounts
Base Observations - open
Sidemount observations - complete redesign with more rear mounting holes and windows

Questions for RogueMotorsports
Are the bases shown in all of these photos the same? Has some additional modification been made to the base since PCI Racing posted their original photo and are you selling that exclusively?

My experience
I purchased a driver and passenger set from PCI Racing (December 2017) and the set is identical (save for gunmetal grey sidemounts) to what PCI had posted on 2017/04/14. I have the driver side installed and and will install the passenger side when the second Pole Position arrives. Observations and instructions to follow in a separate thread.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rosen2k
Trying to clear up some information regarding the slider open back slider base.

Posts by Manufacturer and Vendor

On 2017/04/14, pro car innovations posted two photos of the redesigned slider base with the open back
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS5BUtuj...carinnovations
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS5Bty_j...carinnovations
Base Observations - open
Sidemount observations - 6 seat mounting holes front and rear and a triangular window behind the front mounting holes

On 2018/02/13, rogue motorsports posted a photo of the redesigned slider base with the open back
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJ1tGdA...guemotorsports
Base Observations - open
Sidemount observations - these appear to be the older side mounts that ballade used with only 4 holes front and rear and no window

On 2018/04/02, rogue motorsports posted a photo of the redesigned slider base with the open back and the new pole position specific sidemounts
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhFKKWKA...guemotorsports
Base Observations - open
Sidemount observations - complete redesign with more rear mounting holes and windows

Questions for RogueMotorsports
Are the bases shown in all of these photos the same? Has some additional modification been made to the base since PCI Racing posted their original photo and are you selling that exclusively?

My experience
I purchased a driver and passenger set from PCI Racing (December 2017) and the set is identical (save for gunmetal grey sidemounts) to what PCI had posted on 2017/04/14. I have the driver side installed and and will install the passenger side when the second Pole Position arrives. Observations and instructions to follow in a separate thread.

The first two pics on PCI'S Ig were one of the original designs that eliminated the rear squared off plate in the back. We tested those out and found that the front of the base had a step up and sat about 1/2 or 3/4" higher. Another issue is that the base was too wide, we had the front step on them removed and we had them notched by the seat belt where it bolts to the car for better clearance. The first pic on our IG with the grey side mounts is what we used to sell before we had the revised version made. Those were similar to the Ballade version that we also sold. Ballade decided to discontinue it because it didnt fit all seats. So I contacted Brian and bugged the hell out of him to work with me and help make a pole position specific seat rail. It took quite a bit of arm twisitng for it to happen. He said he was tired of the s2k and no wide seats fit properly lol. So thats when we went through a few different bases until we came up with what we thought fit best with the pole position.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:46 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by arsenal

Andrew - it may just be my particular seat, but the spacers used for mounting the seat caused threading issues on two of the inserts, most notably the rear left. I imagine the spacers were used so the side mount itself would clear the harness surround. With a mount shorter in height a spacer so thick may not have been needed. *this may just be an isolated incident*
There isn't. It isn't complicated. He worked with PCI to have him make a new version based on suggestions he put forward to him.

I don't understand how you could run into threading issues? You just put the bolt through the spacer and into the seat? You just need to keep everything fairly loose while putting in each bolt and once they are all threaded in a bit tighten everything up. Did you make sure to turn the bolts to the right instead of the left? :P
Old 05-09-2018, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
With the 25mm spacer. I would prob opt for the worksbell tilt hub as well. Im not sure about you; but i know my legs would have trouble squeezing between the side bolster and the wheel coming in and out.
Yeah I considered that but not really something I need. I can get in and out of the car pretty easily and only needed a small extension. My seat sits close to as far back as it can. For people sitting closer to the wheel the tilt is a nice option for sure.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by rosen2k
Trying to clear up some information regarding the slider open back slider base...
Omfg haha. I am looking forward to your thesis.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:25 PM
Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
There isn't. It isn't complicated. He worked with PCI to have him make a new version based on suggestions he put forward to him.
Actually this configuration is only sold through us He offers a different base with his standard seat rails. He never really cared to make one specifically for the pole position. Don't want to clutter your thread with more nonsense, if anyone has any questions that Andrew hasn't answered yet feel free to pm us. He's covered just about everything with great detail
Old 05-09-2018, 09:35 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't understand how you could run into threading issues? You just put the bolt through the spacer and into the seat? You just need to keep everything fairly loose while putting in each bolt and once they are all threaded in a bit tighten everything up. Did you make sure to turn the bolts to the right instead of the left? :P
I agree it's not complicated and I'm not trying to enter into an IP or licensing issue, just stating what I received after Rogue questioned the bases. Rosen then took it to a whole new level!

On the seat bolts IDFK either. Yes everything loose and spacer etc. it took a 3/4 size spacer to allow it to catch the threads. Like I said this most likely an exception.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:31 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Yeah I considered that but not really something I need. I can get in and out of the car pretty easily and only needed a small extension. My seat sits close to as far back as it can. For people sitting closer to the wheel the tilt is a nice option for sure.
Ok. that makes sense. I rubbed the bottom of my Grinta 330mm. I now installed the Mugen gen 3 and they are 350mm. So i think i am going to change my hub to possibly a quick release or my legs are gonna destroy the wheel.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II