Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 01-30-2019, 02:17 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

https://store.snisen.com

More oil cap coins now in stock!

Old 02-01-2019, 05:19 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Just ordered myself one. I fudged something up trying to order on the first round. Glad you have more available!
Old 02-01-2019, 05:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any recent updates? I just read through the entire build tread. Car looks great!
Old 02-14-2019, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Loopy
Any recent updates? I just read through the entire build tread. Car looks great!
Yeah some interesting things in the works for this car. I will try to put together some updates soon.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

When you did your rear coilover adjustment extension knobs. Did you drill/cut a hole through the rear carpet? Or did you make a slice and work it through?

ive got the same setup and hoping for some guidance before i make any cuts.

thanks!
Old 02-16-2019, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Monkey
When you did your rear coilover adjustment extension knobs. Did you drill/cut a hole through the rear carpet? Or did you make a slice and work it through?

ive got the same setup and hoping for some guidance before i make any cuts.

thanks!
I just drilled a hole. The carpet interior pieces are actually molded shells. Just had to drill a hole a little smaller than the width needed to fit the threaded portion of the knobs through.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Perfect. Thanks!

That is what i figured was the best way to do it.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:08 PM

Some new updates!

http://www.snisen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1794#p1794

New OEM arms with Kingpin spherical compliance + Spoon rear toe arms

Still alive! It's been awhile since I have posted an update on the forums so figured I would do one. Let's start with some suspension bits.

On the suspension side I have got new OEM arms with Kingpin spherical compliance bearings on the front lower arms. As well as Spoon rear toe arms.

The spherical compliance bearings definitely provide a nice increase in front end feel without much of an increase in harshness. The Spoon rear arms are a bit more beneficial on AP1 rear geometry but still provide the ability to make some adjustments to the rear toe curve. So the ability to make adjustments if needed was the motivation there while updating the arms all around.

New Girodisc rotor rings

Girodisc made some updates to their rotor ring for the S2000 with new metallurgy. My rings were in need of replacement so got the new rings, and decided to apply some brake temp paint to them as well.

Will be interesting to see how these new rings hold up. I put some rest Endless CC40 (ME20) pads on with them which feel great as always.

I also got one of Girodiscs fancy brake piston spreaders after watching 24hrs of LeMans and getting inspired haha.

Top Fuel brake cooling scoops

Another interesting brake bit are these dry carbon brake cooling scoops that mount to the damper lower mount position and the lower front arms. I haven't installed these yet as I have been waiting to do fresh hubs and remove the dust shields at the same time. I may have a few other things planned for the front suspension bits but these should go on soon.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:14 PM

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II - Page 23 - S NI SEN

Amuse Euro-S 70mm exhaust installed

I took the car to the good people of TrackSpec Autosports to help with the 70mm Amuse exhaust install. I was so happy that Amuse was willing to make a 70mm variant of this exhaust, exactly what I had always wanted.

As I have shown previously, it isn't a simple install since the exhaust wasn't designed to fit with the US 06+ floor plan. I decided to get an EVS 70mm test pipe as well as their HFC to modify to allow for good exhaust fitment. Son at TrackSpec (now at Zero Auto Factory in socal) was able to modify the HFC and TP and even made a jig that I can use in the future if needed. It basically just requires cutting the tp near the rear flange and slightly modifying the outlet angle. We were able to get the exhaust to fit spot on.

And one of the best parts is running in the exhaust.

Absolutely love the way the 70mm exhaust sounds with the HFC. Really great balance of engine and exhaust sound. I have ran this exhaust for 4000+miles now with no issues.

Corner balance!

I had Son at TrackSpec also do a corner balance.

With 190lbs in the passenger seat, the car weighs 2816lbs, which means it is 2626lbs! Still a few different ways to save even more weight, would be amazing to get the car under 2600lbs with 1/4 tank of gas.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:15 PM

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II - Page 23 - S NI SEN

Of course I have also taken plenty of random photos of the car.

And also spent plenty of time driving.

I even spoke to the local park rangers about donuts. :writing:

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II