Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 02-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by bouford' timestamp='1391922590' post='23006177
thx for posting the videos! very cool!

we'll never have a comparable track in hawaii but we are hoping to have something in a few years that 2nd track looks impressive from the air!
Hawaii needs to build a nice track around a semi-active volcano obviously! So much more exciting.
seems like we'll get one on oahu at some point. hope i'm not too old to get in/out of my03 by the time it happens
Old 02-09-2014, 11:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70VuK7Q_9Zo&hd=1

My second session of the day I ended up getting sort of stuck behind some BMW Spec E30 race cars but had a blast chasing them down and making some passes. Also was able to find a video from another S2000 driver who got some great footage from behind. The pace was down quite a bit but definitely some fun driving!
Wow....what are the specs on that civic hatch??? I'm impressed!
Old 02-09-2014, 12:10 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW
Wow....what are the specs on that civic hatch??? I'm impressed!
That is Graham Downey (3 time Honda Challenge National Champ) in one of their Honda Challenge EG6's. Full race prep so it weighs very little, and nicely tuned B16 with short gearing with sticky tires. The Downey family usually brings a nice trailer full of little FF monsters to all the track days I attend. Graham also drives a very quick S2000 owned by Aki at BlackTrax where I get some installs done.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:54 PM

Updated my maintenance spreadsheet design and added weight savings section. Hopefully this space sees some additions soon.

Also pulled a nice all nighter in the mountains until about 6am last night. Practicing a tricky corner trying to find the ideal line and brake release point with my friend. A well tuned S2000 in full song and grip mode is more fun to watch through a corner than some 240s doing slow speed drifts.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:21 PM

Got some Rays hub rings and CE28N replacement decals. I prefer the wheels without the "Volk Racing" decals on the spokes, which I removed, but i figured I will destroy the CE28 decals at some point in the future.

I was looking for a nice bag to carry tools in and also a little seat for track days, and I found this instead..

I can carry almost all the tools and parts I like to take to the track with me in this and I can also sit on it.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That's an awesome little track bag seat!
Old 02-23-2014, 06:29 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice vids and driving. Refreshing to see a group of people who share mutual respect and skill that can drive together on track. SCCA club racers can learn a thing or two.

I like the idea of that seat/bag too. Ill have to look for something similar for myself
Old 02-25-2014, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
Nice vids and driving. Refreshing to see a group of people who share mutual respect and skill that can drive together on track. SCCA club racers can learn a thing or two.

I like the idea of that seat/bag too. Ill have to look for something similar for myself
Thanks. Yeah the CityTech/SpeedSF regular track day attendees are all great to drive with.

I just got the bag from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Snap-870114-16...3T1GPDG53EFAMS

Super happy with it so far, really well designed and well made.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:55 PM

Weird incident cruising home on the freeway. Moving along at around 70mph all of a sudden I am making a terrible metal scraping noise and I see sparks flying from near the left rear of the car. I thought my left rear tire failed and I was just grinding on the wheel but pulling the car over to the shoulder everything still felt normal. I get out and check the left rear and don't see anything out of the ordinary. I check the front and everything looks fine. Nothing dragging under the car from what I can see. Then I pull out my phone to use it's flashlight and I see that a wire hanger managed to get hooked onto my left rear jack point and under my left rear tire in one of the tread grooves. I think I hit the hanger with my left rear, and it popped up perfectly and hooked gently onto the jack point.

Completely terrifying and absolutely nothing happened to the car. Just shot a few sparks out of the tread grooves of my tire. I disengaged the e-brake and pushed the car forward with my hand a few inches and removed the hanger from under my tire. Stupid hanger nearly gave me a heart attack.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:48 AM

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

Also pulled a nice all nighter in the mountains until about 6am last night. Practicing a tricky corner trying to find the ideal line and brake release point with my friend. A well tuned S2000 in full song and grip mode is more fun to watch through a corner than some 240s doing slow speed drifts.

I don't know if I can stay up that late to try and catch you guys in the mountains... jesus

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II