Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

OEM+ NFR AP2 Build - TX

Old 12-13-2018, 05:25 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Haven’t posted in awhile, decided to go ahead and install this kit, gonna build the fuel system up to support a bigger hot side down the road but I’m curious how this kit will feel in a daily driven type environment. Sand blasted the manifold and had the flanged milled. Ported the wastegate and polished up the casting inside the turbine. Test fitted all the hotside and now I’m stripping it down for a deep clean. I want to coat the stuff but I don’t plan on running it forever so I really don’t want to invest in jet hot or anything. I’ve been looking at a product called Turbo-X and good ole fashioned Cerakote. Baked on should be proficient for what I’m doing. I want to get cut and Un-merge the internal wasgate on the down pipe but I can’t weld! I may have to install it as is and have the tuning shop mod the downpipe before hitting the rollers. The struggle being south of Houston in the country.

The following users liked this post:
Desertpunk (11-20-2022)
Old 12-13-2018, 06:26 PM

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Glad you kept the car! I know you've flirted with selling it. It's clean and nice to see you tailoring it to your liking. Hit me up if y'all ever head to Austin I'd love to show you a few nice back roads around the hill country!

Btw what did you do with the door side electrical connection from your mirrors once install the apr? I just picked up a set and wondered if they just get left dangling in there or what?

looking forward to see how you like the boost..
Old 12-13-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tsxtx
Glad you kept the car! I know you've flirted with selling it. It's clean and nice to see you tailoring it to your liking. Hit me up if y'all ever head to Austin I'd love to show you a few nice back roads around the hill country!

Btw what did you do with the door side electrical connection from your mirrors once install the apr? I just picked up a set and wondered if they just get left dangling in there or what?

looking forward to see how you like the boost..
Yeah I did really like the car It just needed a kick to add some torque. As far as the mirrors, I slid a big piece of heat shrink over the plugs, heated them up then used a super small zip tie back to the harness. The heat shrink is like a pad to keep things quite.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love to see the progress - keep up the work!
Old 01-06-2019, 02:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic threat. Really well written.

Look forward to the updates and happy 2019 !
Old 02-04-2019, 11:58 PM

Still working on this, I’m really dragging it out because I’m pretty much replacing and upgrading everything on the damn kit.

should be done soon, just picked up a new Tow vehicle so I can pull her to San Antonio for the tune!

Last edited by Nfinitecc; 08-17-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:00 AM

Just took delivery of the new Tow rig, I’ve been eyeballing a new aluminum trailer for it, hopefully I can put together a nice looking package for the S2000.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:55 AM

Finally got my Vibrant Couplers and T-bolt clamps. The Greddy hardware was weak. Now I can finish this up.

The following users liked this post:
Desertpunk (11-20-2022)
Old 02-17-2019, 05:18 PM

Well got the car finished and running on the stock injectors to check for leaks, it was a success, everything sounds great, no leaks or funny sounds so I’m happy about that. Now I can finish my catch can set up, gonna run 2 -10AN lines off the stock ports. I’ve been waiting to refinish my valve cover but it’s literally been humid or raining for 2 months. I got crafty with my BBQ pit and I’m VERY happy with the finish. Going to do a satin black plug cover with exposed lettering.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:22 PM

After a successful day or projects we got a dry break and hit the track for a bit!

Quick Reply: OEM+ NFR AP2 Build - TX