Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

OEM+ NFR AP2 Build - TX

Old 10-01-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm so pumped to get these on! Gonna spend some time pre-setting the height adjustment to match the swifts at 1.2 front and rear, hopefully I can nail it in one shot and match the current height since the car has already been aligned to the UK spec with the swifts installed, I may have to redo the alignment and eat another $100 bill but I couldn't wait I wanted to drive it to work last week which is a good drive each way.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:41 AM

Well I've had my ohlins installed for two days now and have put 200 miles on them adjusting them in every range. To be honest I don't see what the hype is all about and am kinda disappointed in them, they still ride like any other bumpy ole coilover ive ever had, and I've had a lot. They're semi comfortable on the softer side but then they still crash over highway overpass changes, more stiff stops that but makes the ride unbearable. I still believe stock is a much much better ride, but if you wanna be lowered I guess I'll have to live with it! O'well!!
Old 10-05-2017, 12:46 PM

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts

So I may need to steal your wheel idea, I've been thinking about going black but I prefer silver but not straight aluminium. Might go Kaiser silver like the CR wheels.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:30 PM

If you do, consider removing all the machining marks before paint, the face will look a lot better.

Now she sits in wait, been talking to ballade sports about their OEM carbon fiber hardtop, I want to get one and have it painted NFR. I need to install my ballade TCT and I have a clutch masters clutch coming for it. I'm kinda dreading do the clutch install on my back, may hire someone, but that always makes me nervous, no one does work as good as yourself.

I also have an idea of getting a front and sides carbon diffuser and painting them NFR just leaving a 1/4" edge of carbon exposed down the side, I think it will be classy and scream OEM option.
Originally Posted by maranelloboy05
So I may need to steal your wheel idea, I've been thinking about going black but I prefer silver but not straight aluminium. Might go Kaiser silver like the CR wheels.

Last edited by Nfinitecc; 10-05-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:13 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Nfinitecc
If you do, consider removing all the machining marks before paint, the face will look a lot better.

Now she sits in wait, been talking to ballade sports about their OEM carbon fiber hardtop, I want to get one and have it painted NFR. I need to install my ballade TCT and I have a clutch masters clutch coming for it. I'm kinda dreading do the clutch install on my back, may hire someone, but that always makes me nervous, no one does work as good as yourself.

I also have an idea of getting a front and sides carbon diffuser and painting them NFR just leaving a 1/4" edge of carbon exposed down the side, I think it will be classy and scream OEM option.
Absolutely gorgeous car. Keep the cleanliness up!
Old 11-13-2017, 11:41 PM

Well I've been trying to find a OEM hardtop, I've made a few trips to see tops for sale. It wasn't satisfied with the condition of any of them, for 4K I want perfection. So I've strayed away from OEM+ a bit, but not really....I ordered a shine hardtop, I have an excellent custom body shop an hour away. I believe the shine hardtop if done correctly can still fit the OEM+ ticket given its rattle free, weather tight, trunk accessible. I'm in contact with a custom automotive glass maker in Houston, the idea is when the top arrives have custom auto glass made and installed vs. the tinted plexi it comes with. They say they can't say weather or not it can be done until the see the top in person, fingers crossed. The upholstery shop is going to match my seats diamond pattern in solid leather in a panel that will fit inside the hardtop. The body shop will fit, skim and block the top while attempting to flange the rear section. I'm working on a set of side diffusers now, more to come. The cost of the top with glass, custom fitting and upholstery blew

my forced induction budget out of the water until next year. In the meantime I've been dialing in the Ohlins, they're getting more liveable! And I've continued to polish and wax almost obsessively, I'd say the paint correction is at 97% , I drove the car to work tonight, next update will have new parts.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:46 AM

Ok new year, property taxes are paid, insurance is paid, time for parts! Took 3 months for my hardtop to come in, I'm initially very impressed with the quality of the top. I have an outstanding custom bodyshop in my area so I dropped the car off to them to fit it, do any modifications needed to make it perfect, block it and paint it inside and out. I also ordered my APR carbon mirrors, the paint was pretty bad underneath with 12 years of dust and dirt accumulated. The ring it left had me worried but after so wet sanding, cutting and polishing It came back to life.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:57 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

I thought you wanted OEM+
Old 01-31-2018, 12:33 PM

I did but I was bored already, plus I don't like soft tops, personal preference. I really don't like mugen tops at all and the OEM top makes me think Miata. Plus with the Shine top done to a high level of fit and finish can still fit my build criteria. It's getting a quilted leather headliner to match the seats, it's gonna be good.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:22 PM

Got these done today, gonna look good and help tie in the carbon downforce splitter and door pillars on the top.

Quick Reply: OEM+ NFR AP2 Build - TX