Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

OneSilvers - Blue Magic S2000 - An JDM Story

Old 04-05-2018, 12:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Arrow LS1 - Swap Build thread - Send it

Well, after 6 years of being away from the S2000 community I am now back. Within those six years of being absent, I went on to complete my schooling, own and build an EVO 8 which I sold to purchase my first home. I thought it was time to have a car I was fortunate enough to have for nowt he fourth time. I'v had three AP1's, 2000, 2002, and 2003. I am sure a few of you remember the shaved and tucked '00 S2000 I had, I also had custom rear fenders which I had designed to look OEM, but give the car something I could call my own.

This was my first S2000 - the others that followed I kept for a little less than a year before continuing on with school.

I am not sure if everyone understands the struggles of living in or around Michigan, but our cars don't last too long here. So I was on the search for something that had no rust or any real issues. I found a '07 Laguna Blue S2K in Oklahoma. I decided heck lets go, so I got in the car and drove 13 hours with a few close friends and the next thing you know I am back in Michigan with the car. I also just purchased a lift, at my house to make life much easier. I am currently helping afriend (which paid half of the lift, but I get to keep) after we are done with a 2JZ build in his BRZ, more on that, @ (Backyard mechanic built BRZ gets a surprising swap - Scion FR-S Forum Subaru BRZ Forum Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB)

I am very happy with the car so far. Since it was a one owner car from Arizona and brought to Oklahoma it has no rust at all. The paint on the car thought was not taken care of as much, and has its fair share of dents, rock ships, etc. The car does however have 135K on it, so this is going to happen. My thoughts are to have the car repainted and that is on track for May 7th, 2018. The car came stock minus the rims (ESR knock off RPF1's, Bilstien full body coilovers, and a K/N intake. A few of my goals I want for the next few years will be to get the body where I want it, and purchase rarer JDM parts that are becoming harder to purchase. Since I am an enthusiast and enjoy all aspects about the S2000 you will also see the mileage go up as I do not garage queen my cars. Why not enjoy the fruits of the car with other S2000's owners and car enthusiasts at car events. I wanted to add my 3-year old loves going out in the car too.

The under body is unbelievably in great condotion with the paint still on the differential bolts - I was pretty happy to see this when I was purchasing the car though I did not get to see as much as I can do under my lift.

Last edited by OneSilverS2k; 06-28-2018 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Wanted to title had a misspelled word
Old 04-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey I used to follow your builds on xceed all the time! In fact, my brother in law ended up with your old s2k for a while! Good to see you back in one can’t wait to see what becomes of it

Old 04-06-2018, 06:16 AM

Red face

Originally Posted by bzammitt
Hey I used to follow your builds on xceed all the time! In fact, my brother in law ended up with your old s2k for a while! Good to see you back in one can’t wait to see what becomes of it

Hey that is great to hear! I have not seen the car since 2011, wow. Hard to think how long that has been. Is it running well still? Well, since Xceedspeed is dying because of Facebook, I will be adding my build thread on here! I am always in Grand Rapids/Muskegon area since I grew up there, so I will be traveling that way. Hit me up!
Old 04-06-2018, 06:50 AM

I ordered this about three weeks ago from the good home country of Japan. Iv always enjoyed ARC's products and now that you can still purchase one of their most sought after shift knobs still I figured why not.

When I bought the S2000 the seats were in rough shape. There were a lot of options for after market, but I really enjoy taking my daughter for drives in the car and having the occupant classification sensors built into the rails of the of the passenger seat is something I do not want to lose. Most AP2 seats are lower quality, I believe I read on here Recaro use to make the seats, and '06 + Honda decided to make them in house (if this is true, Honda you missed your mark on that one). Anyhow, I started to look towards seat covers - I stumbled across Clazzio, which is as eat cover that goes right over the stock seat. I was very skeptical about this as I am OCD about having my cars very clean. I decided after seeing them on peoples cars to make the purchase ($288.00) shipped. I went with black leather, and black suede centers, with a red stitching for the seat. Let me know your thoughts - all I can say is, the purchase was worth the money and the installation is simple as ever. Once they're in the vehicle I am sure the areas that need a bit more massaging will conform to the seat better. Excited things are moving along.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:51 AM

He ended up selling it to a kid in Chicago who crashed it and was fixing it back up. Thread here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/automoti...oject-1057433/

but yea we should cruise sometime this summer!
Old 04-06-2018, 07:34 AM

Red face

He ended up selling it to a kid in Chicago who crashed it and was fixing it back up. Thread here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/automoti...oject-1057433/

but yea we should cruise sometime this summer!
Thank you for sharing the link, I saved most the photos since I enjoy seeing where the car is at today. Amazing that engine bay has held up so damn well. I think I put about 65-80 hours into the bay alone. It was well worth it! What vehicle do you currently drive? Post some pics!
Old 04-06-2018, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by OneSilverS2k
Thank you for sharing the link, I saved most the photos since I enjoy seeing where the car is at today. Amazing that engine bay has held up so damn well. I think I put about 65-80 hours into the bay alone. It was well worth it! What vehicle do you currently drive? Post some pics!
Just a pretty much stock Suzuka AP1 and a tuned Saab Wagon lol

Old 04-06-2018, 09:52 AM

Arrow

Just a pretty much stock Suzuka AP1 and a tuned Saab Wagon lol

Dope, two fun cars to have! I almost got myself a Suzuka blue one before! Looks very clean.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:55 AM

Quick update! Car will be going in for paint in the beginning of may officially. I ordered a club racer radio door and vent, two new trim panels for the convertible new from Honda they're like 27.00 a piece. I call them drop trays. I also made a mistake many owners have, and took my hoops apart. I work in validation and I figured with the proper tools they would come apart and maybe people just broke the tabs. Well they're not going back together, so $412.00 later I bought new ones from Honda.I couldn't find a used set of speaker hoops, so I just purchased new OEM ones. They should be in later next week.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:08 AM

Did the car get painted yet, it’s been over a month!

Quick Reply: OneSilvers - Blue Magic S2000 - An JDM Story