Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Pac Man goes Time Attacking

Old 07-23-2016, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey mate, great work on the car and your driving!
Could you please share the spring rates you opted for your setup? Have you driven the car on the roads at all?
I am trying to decide on a setup and the more I read, the more puzzled I feel.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronin_Gaijin
Hey mate, great work on the car and your driving!
Could you please share the spring rates you opted for your setup? Have you driven the car on the roads at all?
I am trying to decide on a setup and the more I read, the more puzzled I feel.
Hi there, I am currently running 11k springs all around as the Southern California tracks are all so bumpy. I do street the car occasionally and the spring rates feel pretty well on the street. The nitron dampening is well match to the spring rates so it soaks up the bumps well.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LMRM3
Hi there, I am currently running 11k springs all around as the Southern California tracks are all so bumpy. I do street the car occasionally and the spring rates feel pretty well on the street. The nitron dampening is well match to the spring rates so it soaks up the bumps well.
Good to hear that you are happy with them. I think I have already made up my mind towards the R1's with 11kg springs front and rear as well. I am sure if there is a need in the future to change the spring rate, the Nitron's would be able to handle 20% stiffer springs without the need to be re-valved. I will continue my research as the time to make a choice is slowly coming up.
Thank you for your input.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:35 PM

Haven't had the time to update this project in a while. However things have been going quite well.
In May I ended up taking second place at the third event of Vtec Club at Streets of Willow with a time of 1:27.0 flat
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-veapoxo.jpg

Pac Man goes Time Attacking-tcrqhmp.jpg
Old 08-16-2016, 09:45 PM

In addition I've updated my livery to replicate the famous RSC S800 that won the 1000km of Suzuka in 1968. Racing Service Center Corporation was the pre cursor to Honda Racing Corporation a division dedicated to Honda Racing in motorcycles, but on the side they also modified the s800 roadster's for competition in the late 60's. I finally got the decals that i had custom made in Japan. The look will be complete once I add the red stripe.

Pac Man goes Time Attacking-2plvmyf.jpg

Pac Man goes Time Attacking-bzz4dbd.jpg

Pac Man goes Time Attacking-wyhxngg.jpg

Pac Man goes Time Attacking-4t1mcts.jpg

Thank You to Ryan Fellure as an official photographer of Vtec Club series for taking the time to capture the momments of the series!
Old 08-16-2016, 09:56 PM

In the beginning of August I decided to go ahead and install a ballade sport bolt in oil pan baffle and also update my 2001 AP1 v1 oil jet bolts to the updated 4 hole AP1.5 oil jet bolts. My buddy Anthony came over to help me tackle the job. He has a really cool blog dedicated to rare S2000 parts he gets as well as covering some of the various car events in socal. https://thes2kandtheant.com

Pac Man goes Time Attacking-xt2hbgq.jpg

We decided to remove the oil pump to access the cylinder 1 oil jet bolt due to the high chance of stripping the block.
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-g5nd1dg.jpg

Oil jet bolt comparison

Pac Man goes Time Attacking-jqd4xpk.jpg

Baffle bolts right up to windage tray just be careful not to over torque the bolts.
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-huevhpe.jpg