Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

///Quest for the Perfect Suzuka Blue S2K

Old 01-09-2015, 04:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ///Quest for the Perfect Suzuka Blue S2K

I've had my AP2 for a little over a year now and thought it would be a good idea to start a build thread for it. I'm currently in the process of replacing the soft top with an OEM replacement and bodyworking a mugen style hardtop for it. When I first got the car I had it completely resprayed and had the color changed slightly darker and less purple then the original Suzuka Blue. It is a very slight change but in person it makes all the difference.

Here it is after paint. Shaved emblems, antenna, accord passenger door handle (shaved key hole), pulled and rolled quarter panels, and fenders and front bumper reworked to fit perfectly.

Since then I haven't done much besides maintenance, oil changes, and daily driving it.

Here is where I am at now:

Soft top all cut out and removed awaiting the OEM replacement that should be in tomorrow.

I've had this KarbonHaus FRP Hardtop for a while now and was very dissapointed with the fitment. I even tried selling for a hundred dollars less then I paid and people still lowballed me! I made the decision to keep it and make it fit properly, lesson learned. Took a while to save up for two piece rear brackets but I did it and bought them. I also bought OEM front latches so it can come on and off easy.

Anyways here is the hardtop with a huge uneven horrible gap (sanded ready for fiberglass).

After got a 3mm piece of rubber as a guide (3mm is standard oem gap) and make a reference with tape all across.

After that I cut up small pieces of a maila folder to reinforce the back, then folded a piece of tape over the two. This is needed to make it strong enough to hold up when the fiberglass is put on. (green ef in the background is the reason for my screen name)

Fiberglass laid and waiting to cure.

That is where I am at now. Hopefully I can install the soft top by next week and start driving it again. The hardtop will be a while before it's painted and installed. Any mods and progression from here on out will be uploaded on here
Old 01-09-2015, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always enjoyed your car.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by black_EM1
Always enjoyed your car.
Thanks! Anything new with yours??
Old 01-10-2015, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, she's about done on my end. I may go with Swift springs for my Bilsteins and some point in time, but for now; it's finished. NSX time, I think.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by black_EM1
No, she's about done on my end. I may go with Swift springs for my Bilsteins and some point in time, but for now; it's finished. NSX time, I think.
Nice! My friend that I bought my s2k from has an NSX now, and I fell in love with it. Definitely the next car on my list...
Old 01-11-2015, 12:44 PM

Made some progress on the hardtop today

Sanded fiberglass down to my reference line made of tape

Removed tape and saw how much I had added

Test fit on car to check for clearance or rubbing issues

And a before and after pic

The end result was pretty much what i was looking for. There are some areas that need to be taken down more, but i'm done for today.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good progress so far. Wheel size and offset?
Old 01-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Community Organizer

Received 214 Likes on 137 Posts

Holy cow thats gorgeous!
Old 01-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Holy cow thats gorgeous!

That front end especially
Old 01-12-2015, 02:06 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts