Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

///Quest for the Perfect Suzuka Blue S2K

Old 10-16-2015, 10:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Went to the S2Ki Homecoming meet a while back and had a blast. The caravan to Honda's headquarter in Torrance was just insane, there were s2k's cruising for miles and miles

I had to do a good detail job before and as usual it took forever lol.

My helper Mia

Sorry for the horrible cell pics I need to get a real camera asap. The final product after roughly about 6hrs. I usually wash, claybar, polish, and wax every 3k miles.

And probably the only pic I took at s2k homecoming

Old 10-19-2015, 10:21 AM

Going to be leaving my job soon and working at a new place. I get parts at cost here so I decided to splurge a bit and get all new window molding and rear molding before I left. The driver side molding was ripped and leaking, and I didn't want it to look better than the other three so I just got them all.

Old driver molding

Old vs New

I was absolutely dreading replacing the rear molding lol. I already went through that whole ordeal when I replaced the canvas top. It ended up taking me 4hrs to change

Final Product

So far I have gotten both headlights, the canvas top, and these moldings all new from Honda. I'm going to try and get more in the future so that everything is mint
Old 10-19-2015, 10:26 AM

I needed to change the cabin air filter and decided to restore the wiper cowl since I had to take it off. I was going to get a new one but couldn't justify spending the money on that just yet.

Also did the rear rock guards

Old 10-19-2015, 10:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In for updates. Looks awesome brotha, seen your car almost a year ago and it's awesome. Can't wait to see what you do w it. Hardtop is a must.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jae2K
In for updates. Looks awesome brotha, seen your car almost a year ago and it's awesome. Can't wait to see what you do w it. Hardtop is a must.
Thanks for the kind words when I save up enough to get one, it's going to be hard to choose oem or mugen!
Old 10-20-2015, 08:17 AM

Here is a pic of the cowl put back on the car

It was really gray and dull before I took it out, and looks way better now!
Old 10-20-2015, 08:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks great!!
Old 11-04-2015, 12:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This was my Suzuka AP2 back in 2006 when we were able to source Authentic Mugen Hardtops for $2750 brand new LOL! Gotta love economic inflation Always wanted the Amuse R1 bumper and Ti silver CE's; never came into fruition
Old 11-13-2015, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by baZurk
looks great!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by **Jay-V**
This was my Suzuka AP2 back in 2006 when we were able to source Authentic Mugen Hardtops for $2750 brand new LOL! Gotta love economic inflation Always wanted the Amuse R1 bumper and Ti silver CE's; never came into fruition
Wow that looks great, seems we both didnt get to see our ideas come to fruition. Some day i'll get a top but having to choose between oem and mugen will be tough! I see used mugen tops from hmo going for about 2400, but once you buy all the brackets your back in the 3k range just like oem tops
Old 11-13-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by greenEFSI
Well I finally gave in and bought a Forcewerkz Bumper So now I have even more fiberglass work to tackle. I went ahead and drilled the holes on the two pieces and bolted it together to check fitment. Overall I cant complain, it looks pretty good, but I haven't mounted it on the car to check fitment around the headlights.

There were no holes made to bolt it up and I was definitely not going to drill where the dimples are on the pieces. I borrowed some of the bodyshop tools and adjusted the pieces until I got them where I wanted them. After that I found a drill bit the same size as the bolts and made my marks to drill. I wanted a drill bit the same size so that there is no room for play, and it will always bolt back up with the same fitment.

They only supplied me with 10 bolts but I ended up putting 24 lol, it ain't going no where

Final Product

The plan is to get the hardtop and bumper bodyworked and painted at the same time
The best suzuka I have seen thus far. Is that your Tahitian Green EF in the back? I use to have one and loved that thing

Quick Reply: ///Quest for the Perfect Suzuka Blue S2K