Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

S2000 street driven TT car build

Old 10-03-2017, 08:39 AM

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Had a torn boot at my tie rod end. Quick and easy fix! Replaced both while I was at it.

I use a dual Saikou Michi catch can setup. While it works well, it has very little capacity and having to keep taking it out to drain gets annoying. I ordered the drain extension kit and it fits perfectly on the passenger side of the engine bay using one of the stock holes.

Safety first! After having 2 car fires this year, I'll never not have one of these in my car.

If you watch my videos, my transmission moves quite a bit in cornering. The stock mounts where in tact but I upgraded to this Innovative 75a transmission mount. Both of my OEM mounts were completely torn and I didn't want to go with stiff mounts and ruin the car for the street. I decided to get new OEM mounts and use a Ingals Engine Torque Dampner, OEM mounts, and a Innovative 75A transmission mount to make the driveline more solid without comprising NVH. This setup works very well!

To make my car fit into TTC points, I had to remove a few parts that were already on the car.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:53 AM

My garage was getting to be a little beat and cluttered .

I took a weekend to clean it up, organize, and paint the floors.

Came out pretty nice in the end!

Old 10-03-2017, 09:07 AM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by srproductions
Its there right now getting a full OEM engine rebuild and whole bunch more.
That NSX definitely caught my eye while I was dropping off my NFR AP2 at Ben's. You have a very clean NSX and looking forward to what you have in store for it!

Let me know if you're ever in the area (Woodbine), this track newb has some track questions or a cruise on the back roads would be cool.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It was fun reading through your build, Samed! Didn’t know you had that many cars including the Cayman.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:22 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Great read Samed!
Car/Track whore for sure.. but I think like most of us you've found your calling for the near future.
I went away from the s2k's too but they're always calling your name. That NSX is a true collector car now!
If you ever want to haul out this way I can put you up and we can hit some westcoast tracks. Sabbatical?
Old 10-03-2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by j0oftheworld
Great read Samed!
Car/Track whore for sure.. but I think like most of us you've found your calling for the near future.
I went away from the s2k's too but they're always calling your name. That NSX is a true collector car now!
If you ever want to haul out this way I can put you up and we can hit some westcoast tracks. Sabbatical?
I would love to hit up some west coast track! I'm getting another truck and trailer soon and I'm hoping to expand my track radius.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:18 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

And i thought I had a lot of cars!!

Nice thread sir. Enjoy it!
Old 10-09-2017, 09:46 AM

I love the braking setup on this car. I get about 9-10 days on the front and rear pads. It is consistent and has never faded on me.

The braking upgrades consist of:

LHR master cylinder brace
Stoptech ST40 BBK
Urge 2 piece rear rotors
APR Brake Ducts
Carbotech XP12 front and rear pads.

I found running the same compound front and rear on the car gave me the most stability under heavy braking.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 213 Likes on 137 Posts

How many days are on the rear rotors now? And is there any way you could go into more detail on the carpet you put behind the seats? Photos, maybe?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2017, 03:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're flying in that last video, looks like a fantastically balanced car. Nice build!

Quick Reply: S2000 street driven TT car build