Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

S2Ker track build that will probably never be tracked

Old 11-22-2018, 09:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dang it ... I lied..... next mod : Ugre Design with Gernby pipe. Long story short, I saw these for sale locally and just had to get them. The reason why is because I actually hate the J's FX 70RS. There are two main reason

1) Even with an T1R resonated test pipe. It's way way too loud for me. The droning also drives me crazy!
2) I always liked the dual look. It flows better with the rear bumper. I mean I can get a cap to block the left side hole, but that still wont look right to me.

Test fitting it under the J's lol.

Going to install it over the weekend and I'll do a mini review like how I did the Recaro. Oh this is the STR version, so it's trackable =)
Old 11-26-2018, 05:22 PM

Removed the J's -- Finally no more dron-ish

In goes the Urge Design Scavenger V3 with Gern-pipe

From the rear :

The final product installed :

First impression. Very well built. Everything fits as it should and install was pretty easy. But I feel that the pipe should stick out a bit more, since if you look from the top down or from the side, it is not visible. Sound wise, it loud but dies down when it get warm and start to idle. So far, its raining today so i haven't had a chance to take it out. But soon ....

Update : OK. So what's the verdict? Honestly, I think it sounds much better than the J's. Its has a more deeper tone from start to around 7k RPM. Once it get to 7k its sound like a f... c... lol. The drone is also nearly gone. Its still drone every sightly at around 2-3k, but of course much less than the J's with the test pipe. Butt HP feel a bit of a gain as well. Overall I like this set up more than the J's with the test pipe (which is by the way on sale).

Last edited by S2Ker206; 11-29-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome build! Post up a full pic of the car with the work wheels.
How much did you get for the OEM seats on ebay?
Old 12-10-2018, 09:52 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

The first mods of a track build are obviously 255 square setup, big front sway bar, camber joints, and coilovers. :P
Old 12-10-2018, 02:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by radiantm3
The first mods of a track build are obviously 255 square setup, big front sway bar, camber joints, and coilovers. :P
^
I started tracking my car all stock with good pads and tires. Really teaches you the limits of the car before moving up and modding where its needed
Old 12-10-2018, 05:28 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Danwolski
^
I started tracking my car all stock with good pads and tires. Really teaches you the limits of the car before moving up and modding where its needed
yea that’s definitely the way to go when you get a new (to you) car. I did the same.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:15 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Ker206
Well one thing is finding the time to go and also its winter so that makes it worse lol. But I prefer to get the BBK first since the OEM rotors are known to crack with extreme stress.
Honestly, OEM brakes are fine for the track, just upgrade the pads and use good brake fluid. They are usually known to crack when you track A LOT, which is why people with OEM brakes will just buy cheap blank rotors. I tracked my car a few months ago with stock calipers, ATE typ200 dot 4 brake fluid, Winmax W3 pads, and Stoptech slotted rotors and they did just fine, no brake fade either, tires are Federal RS-RR (200TW tire). Honestly just go out an enjoy the car, which is exactly what I do. I don't go to the track for competition, just want to have fun with the car in a safe environment

Old 12-20-2018, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Honestly, OEM brakes are fine for the track, just upgrade the pads and use good brake fluid. They are usually known to crack when you track A LOT, which is why people with OEM brakes will just buy cheap blank rotors. I tracked my car a few months ago with stock calipers, ATE typ200 dot 4 brake fluid, Winmax W3 pads, and Stoptech slotted rotors and they did just fine, no brake fade either, tires are Federal RS-RR (200TW tire). Honestly just go out an enjoy the car, which is exactly what I do. I don't go to the track for competition, just want to have fun with the car in a safe environment

That is true! I am just gonna try it out and see how it is. Maybe starting this spring since it is pretty much wet all day everyday here in the PWN during the winter time. But then that gives me a bit more time to get more parts l
Old 12-20-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by radiantm3
That is in the works. But i am not sure about 255, since i know that would require a fender roll. I am trying to keep the body stock-ish.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Su2uKa!
Awesome build! Post up a full pic of the car with the work wheels.
How much did you get for the OEM seats on ebay?
I will once it stops raining here in Seattle. OEM blue on ebay goes for ~ $500 shipped.

Quick Reply: S2Ker track build that will probably never be tracked