Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

S2Ker track build that will probably never be tracked

Old 12-20-2018, 04:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So once again, I lied. No hardtop yet, or any of my other top 5 =(. But 'track' car, so I picked up a set of Spoon Rigid Collar. I heard / read good things about them, so might as well try them out. So next on my list is to install them, which I cant do myself since I don't have all the tools.

I also picked up a set of Ballade Sport Axel spacer, but didn't have the chance to take photos of those. I'll probably install those at the same time as the Spoon Collar.

LASTLY!......

So, long story short. I sold my J's Type 1. A Evo enthusiast had a Voltex Type 5 laying around from his Evo dreaming days in MINT condition (the J's had a few chip and clear coat was fading), so I picked it up and figure I will put this into good use. The mount distance on the J's (s2000) vs the Voltex (Evo) is 40 and 42 respectively. So, with 2 inch, I think I should be able to do a custom bracket etc to make it fit =). I think the type 5 would look better than the J's Type 1. Hopefully I can get all these install before the first track day?

Last edited by S2Ker206; 12-20-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:02 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Are you planning to get a bbk in the future?
Old 12-24-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by circuitclub
Are you planning to get a bbk in the future?
Yep. Either its gonna be an hardtop first or BBK. But I think I need a hardtop more since I got Recaro and don't feel like getting my soft top slashed anytime soon. Also my soft top is in great condition and I kinda want to keep it that way.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:25 PM

Received 559 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Ker206
Yep. Either its gonna be an hardtop first or BBK. But I think I need a hardtop more since I got Recaro and don't feel like getting my soft top slashed anytime soon. Also my soft top is in great condition and I kinda want to keep it that way.
These days, a hardtop doesn't protect your seats... It just turns into another item to steal, along with your steering wheel, and seats.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
These days, a hardtop doesn't protect your seats... It just turns into another item to steal, along with your steering wheel, and seats.
Yep, but there is a hardtop lock can be installed to help deter it a bit. I also have 2 way alarm, so it also helps a bit.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:28 PM

So I had some free time over the holiday and decided to take out my old motorcycle helmet and take the car down to the tracks......

.... results .... ...... But the built must go on .....!

Last edited by S2Ker206; 01-02-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:04 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Take the car out and track it as is. Too many times people talk about going out and just end up putting a bunch of mods on the car they don’t need. You bought a nice set up that’s going to take you a lot of time to get used to, save your money on mods and buy yourself some seat time.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:46 PM

Alright, it has been at good 5 months since my last post. Since then, I continued to dump more money into this S2000 money pit. So here are my findings for the past 5 months.

1) I wanted a cleaner looking bay, so of course : Gladman Fab Battery, Brake and cooling plate. I wanted to get the ARC., but those are way way way way way too expensive.

2) Of course a cleaner engine by means a some new hardware : ZSpec dress up bolt ....

3) Long story short, my lugs look like @#$ and with Work S1, I needed new lugs nuts. So i picked up Project Kics 2 Piece Spike Black. I wanted another color, but beggar cant be chooser hahaha.

And yes, sticking to my legit cheap authentic build, all items where used lol.

More to come .....

Last edited by S2Ker206; 05-06-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:58 PM

My mod list continue ...... So I end up getting another J's Type 1. This time the J's is in near mint condition. I end up selling the Type 5, since it didn't fit in the S2000. So yah, to anyone trying to install a non S2000 wing to an S2000, dont do it. It will not fit. Wings has to be car specific....

For the past 5 months, I also been trying to find a used K1 Lab duckbill in carbon with no luck. But then this showed up.....

Yep Tamon Design Carbon Kevlar. Probably 1 of 2 in the state? I think only Evasive carry them? But anyway so I just had to pick it up. I am planning on cutting it so that it fits with the J's wing mount..... Not sure if that is a good idea or not, but I've seen another member on S2Ki did it and it look fantastic. I think this would look pretty good with the carbon kevlar.....?

I plan on installing the wing and the getting the Tamon cut to fit once I get my hardtop .... whenever that will be. So as of now, the J's and Tamon are just gonna sit on the shelve.

Ohh, I also picked up a Modifry DCI. My current AXXESS AWC-1 works (mute as well), but the CH button seeks down on the radio and it was a huge unit. I wanted my buttons to work perfectly, so .. why not .....

On a side note, I have something big coming in the mail .... i dont wanna jinx myself, but my build will be 90% complete once I get it ...

Last edited by S2Ker206; 05-06-2019 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:19 AM

Woot..... So I just order these today.

Not from Nengun, but can't find a good photo of them ahha. This will probably be the only part I buy new. From my last 5 months of trolling the internet, people are selling these at an outrageous price. More than what I got them for new, but then its a 3 month wait. Well I have the time and patience to wait .... So I ordered today 5/8/2019, let see if it actually does take 3 months for them to get here. Will update the post once they arrive.

Ahh, also for those who dont know, these are not APR mirrors lol, they are Craft Square. I got them with the blue tint mirror as well.

Last edited by S2Ker206; 05-08-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Quick Reply: S2Ker track build that will probably never be tracked