Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

s2sik - AP2 Platinum Pearl Build - IG: _s2sik

Old 08-03-2014, 01:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well to be fair your thread does show up in google image searches for things like, oh I don't know, CE28's and Mugen hardtops
Old 10-30-2014, 08:01 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Wake Up Hiep
Old 11-09-2014, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumpppp
Old 02-09-2015, 03:09 PM

So after more than 3 years without an update, I figured... it is time! It will be a bit of a process to get everything updated, but today was a good day to start.

My car saw very little change from 2012-2014, but my life saw a ton. The car, for the 47th time, was stripped of most parts. The car was uncomfortable, and completely not practical with the way it was setup; I found myself less and less inclined to drive it. Each and every time I saw anything from a Cayman S or M3 drive by- I thought to myself, it is probably time to move on.

I was extremely busy with stuff like... getting married, traveling, finishing grad school, etc, etc- all while working a ton of hours.

That said, it was early 2014 when I started to see all these great builds pop up again, and I felt rejuvenated. My wife encouraged me to dig back in, and she has been a long time supporter of my hobby. I slowly started gathering parts, and throughout the past year, the car has received a lot of attention it greatly needed.

With a goal of making the car fun to drive again, I sold off parts that I felt were the biggest detriment to this goal. I sold the Voltex diffuser (hangs incredibly low), I sold the GTMotoring exhaust (incredibly loud), and purchased some parts that I thought would bring back some new life to the car.

In the meantime- this is how the car sat after I pulled off most of the parts. More updates on new parts to come (the last time I said this, 3 years passed).

Old 02-09-2015, 03:18 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great man, in for more updates!
Old 02-09-2015, 03:37 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I love your s2k! so freaking clean
Old 02-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 02-09-2015, 05:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you decided to keep it! I liked this build and looking fwd to updates.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:20 AM

Another small update. Sometime last year I was able to get my car registered as a Special Interest vehicle. For those who are not familiar with this process, a special interest car as described by Oregon law is:

"...a vehicle that is maintained as a collector's item and is at least 25 years old at the time of application, a vehicle sanctioned as a vehicle of special interest by an established organization that provides recognition, or is a street rod as defined by... This is also issued to a vehicle that is a racing activity vehicle as defined in Oregon law..."

So in short, my car under Oregon law qualified as a race activity vehicle. It wasn't a smooth process, I had to return to the DMV multiple times as either the person was not familiar with the process, or I was given incorrect information. Well, what is the purpose of this? For my specific scenario, it resolved several issues. I was regularly getting "no front plate" tickets when my car was parked. I prefer not to run a front plate for aesthetic reasons and have probably paid 6-8 of these tickets over the course of my 9 years of ownership. Second, the car no longer needs to meet Oregon emissions standards. Which for me, allows me to seriously consider forced induction or ITBs without the headache of returning the vehicle to a state that could pass emissions. Lastly, as a long time car enthusiast, I do like the recognition the car gets with the special plates.

When I first received the plate, I mounted it on a JDM angler mount, that lasted a few days before I came to my senses. I apologize to the whole S2KI community for the pain I have caused, it was a lapse in judgment. I kid... It is now mounted in the standard location.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:18 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude....

Why can't all states have this type of reg?!

Congrats on getting that, its what every enthusiast dreams of.

PS Car is beautiful, keep up the nice work

Quick Reply: s2sik - AP2 Platinum Pearl Build - IG: _s2sik