Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

s2sik - AP2 Platinum Pearl Build - IG: _s2sik

Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude i miss seeing your car! Im going to have to tag along on the next s2k meeting to see what everyone has been up to.

The fitting in the middle of the valve cover should have a check valve inside it. You will need to remove the check valve since you will no longer have vacuum going to it. Looking good man!!! Always good to see someone giving feed back!

John
Old 09-21-2010, 09:48 PM
hue

Old 09-22-2010, 03:21 PM

Looking good Hiep What's next?
hey huy, its in need of a lot of maintence stuff before i do anything else. i need to change all the fluids, it needs a good wash and detail. Also I am getting a squeeking noise from the back rear of the car, I glanced under there and checked the axles etc and everthing seems in tact. So I am thinking the wheel bearing might have gone bad.

Dude i miss seeing your car! Im going to have to tag along on the next s2k meeting to see what everyone has been up to.

The fitting in the middle of the valve cover should have a check valve inside it. You will need to remove the check valve since you will no longer have vacuum going to it. Looking good man!!! Always good to see someone giving feed back!

John
Dont lie! you just miss seeing ME. Ha, thanks for the heads up John. I already removed it, but i wasnt sure what the "proper" way to remove it was so i ended up just drilling it out? Its a resilient sob so it took a good bit to get it removed. Pm'ing you about possible wheel bearing question.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:13 PM

Got around to installing the overflow tank. It needed to be drilled, i sized an oem 10mm bolt and drilled a spot into the bay for it to fit securely. I had to get rid of the second bracket that was welded on because of the placement of the catch can. The fit with the space to work with was perfect and pure luck. Had it been 1mm bigger in either direction it wasnt going to fit.

before:

after:

Old 09-24-2010, 12:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice bro! Catch can an overflow look sick... nice jon with the install
Old 09-24-2010, 01:26 AM

looking great, Hiep!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:04 AM

Spoon Thermostat and Fan switch came in yesterday. Got a good deal from a member so decided to pick them up. The thermostat seems like a pain to install without a lift but try to get that knocked out this weekend

Old 09-26-2010, 08:11 PM

some parts came trickling in so decided to put in some work today. changed the oil (finally used the filter Ira hooked up from the Hillsboro Honda meet, thanks again )

got the radiator, fans, shroud from Tony and Dan at Speed Concept. Always great service, and best prices, been going there for almost ten years since their doors opened.

preassembled yesterday.

radiator, its quite a bit thicker then the oem

installing foam onto the fan shroud

installing fans

shroud to radiator

installed the thermostat, fan switch, fan shroud and slim fans, and the radiator today. there was some splicing/soldering for the harnesses for the fans

radiator drained and removed

everything installed to the spoon radiator stays

the fans take quite a bit longer before they need to turn on, however when they do turn on, they are much louder as well. oh well, its in!

Old 09-28-2010, 01:53 AM
hue

More bling... engine is looking good
Old 09-28-2010, 02:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Hiep! I picked up the mugen t stat and fan switch bout a month ago myself. I was planning to upgrade the radiator but had not though of the fans, thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: s2sik - AP2 Platinum Pearl Build - IG: _s2sik