S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Automotive builds (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/automotive-builds-284/)
-   -   Shobbys JDM S2k (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/automotive-builds-284/shobbys-jdm-s2k-1114743/)

Shobby 02-23-2015 11:38 AM

Shobbys JDM S2k

17 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, my name is Shobby and this is my RHD S2000
I picked it up sometime in February. The s2000 has always been the perfect car for me. For years and years I've always loved it. But I never actually seen one up close or laid my hands on one. I was kind of scared to actually get close to one. I made a perfect little bubble around my obtainable dream car, that I was worried that I would find something that I didnt like and ruin it for myself. But it was time to sell my FD RX7 because it was in rough shape and I didnt want to put the effort into a car I only kinda liked. So that sold and I was on the hunt for another car. I found this s2000 about a month later and off I was to check out my first s2k. I loved it before I even laid eyes on it. So the selling factors for me were, is it comfy? do it fit? how does it drive? All of these were excellent so I bought it right away.
1999 Honda S2000
120k KMS
Super clean
Completely stock
Aftermarket rims
I was in heaven

Disclaimer. I am terrible with photography and keeping a build thread going

Some pics

My FD in rough shape
Attachment 181940

S2k the day I bought
Attachment 181941

Home after a weekend trip to the parents, suuuper dirty
Attachment 181942

I was planning on just driving it for a while and getting used to the car. Waiting on buying parts and whatever..
Went to Vancouver about 3 weeks later and Picked up a J's Racing 70rs Single. I took a risk heading over there ($150 ferry cost) because I had to keep the top down so the exhaust fit. The weather was sketchy at the time and it was raining a lot. Luckily it stayed sunny
Attachment 181943
Attachment 181944

That was installed right away. It sounded great but it got kinda loud kinda quick.

Like 2 weeks later I ordered some more parts. This time from Evassive. Buddy Club Coils and a 70mm Test Pipe. I also wanted to single exit bumper cap but they were back ordered a few months or something
Attachment 181945
Attachment 181946

Those got installed right away, but after initial install I didnt have time to adjust the ride height. So I rode super low for a few days.
Attachment 181947
Attachment 181948

It doesnt look SUPER low but I was rubbing bad and couldnt get into my driveway. 18's yo

I sat like that for about a month. Didnt do much in the meantime. Modify soft top straps. Dash control thinger. Nothing too exciting. I found a local guy selling his Stock AP1 wheels. So I picked those up. I really didnt like my Advans. So I was happy to find the AP1s for a good price. I had them on for like 2 days before I traded my Advan Model 7's for some Enkei Kojins. They werent my ideal rim but they look great, with a little bit of concave. 17x7.5 +45 square. With stretched 215 tires. I really really dont like the stretched tires. Hopefully will be replacing those very soon. Anyways, onto some pics

AP1s
Attachment 181949

Switching rims
Attachment 181950

Kojins, I rode on them for a bit then I went lower. Tried to get some better pics, but I not good at that
Attachment 181951

Attachment 181952

Attachment 181953

Attachment 181954

Attachment 181955

I also picked up another bike sometime in there
Attachment 181956

nichigo 02-23-2015 11:56 AM

Looks like you snagged a really clean S2k there! I look forward to seeing what you have in store for it. :thumbup:

s2sik 02-23-2015 01:56 PM

awesome!

zeroptzero 02-23-2015 05:08 PM

Nice find, driving RHD in Canada would be a bit tricky for my liking , but some people don't mind it.

Front camber looks out of whack in the one picture, you may want to check the alignment on that if you get a chance.

Fix that rear license plate too !, lol. New exhaust with a crooked license plate just isn't cool :) . Enjoy the ride !

Shobby 02-23-2015 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by JFUSION (Post 23516571)
Nice find, driving RHD in Canada would be a bit tricky for my liking , but some people don't mind it.

Front camber looks out of whack in the one picture, you may want to check the alignment on that if you get a chance.

Fix that rear license plate too !, lol. New exhaust with a crooked license plate just isn't cool :) . Enjoy the ride !

RHD isnt sooo bad. I learned how on my FD so its not my first time. Although the huge blind spots on the s2k dont help

A new tie rod end was installed before I purchased and there was never an alignment done. Im waiting until I buy some coilovers before I get one done, thanks for looking out

And on the license plate thing... I knoooooowww. The japanese models have difference spacing for the license plate holes so I have to drill out my mounts. I have been putting it off but I will do it tomorrow I guesss

jonner 02-24-2015 01:54 AM

Keep up the good work.... :thumbup:

YELLOW JACKET 02-24-2015 06:24 AM

love those rims. looks great with them. why going with 17s? :scratch:

Shobby 02-24-2015 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET (Post 23517090)
love those rims. looks great with them. why going with 17s? :scratch:

I just feel like the 18's are too big. Theres a huge gap in the back of my car, from the ground to bumper. I want to get 17's and lower it about an inch or two. Hopefully that willl take care of that gap I dont like. Or I might have to go diffuser

Adrenalize 02-24-2015 06:27 PM

Nice :thumbup:

The rims are nice but I agree - they seem too big.

Shobby 03-12-2015 05:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ayoo, been a while. I bought some things

Someone told me that my top wasnt going down all the way so I bought some modifry straps, install was a breeze. Dont know what everyone is complaining about
Terrible pic:
Attachment 181594

I also installed some new spark plugs and am going to do oil soon
I ordered some buddy club coil overs and a berks test pipe, hopefully will be in tomorrow
I also took out the 8 disk cd changer that came with my car

I have some questions
I have these zip tied hoses on my engine, ones right at the oil filter, the other is behind my valve cover
Oil filter:
Attachment 181595

Behind valve cover
Attachment 181596

What are they for and should I be concerned that they are zip tied?

av8ter 03-12-2015 05:44 PM

Those appear to be #JDM zipties, I wouldn't recommend removing them.

Shobby 03-12-2015 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by av8ter (Post 23538107)
Those appear to be #JDM zipties, I wouldn't recommend removing them.

ok

Ricky_Flowers_ 03-12-2015 07:12 PM

WTF?! I've never seen anything like that before. I'd replace those lines if I were you.

Shobby 03-12-2015 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_ (Post 23538256)
WTF?! I've never seen anything like that before. I'd replace those lines if I were you.

Darn, okay I'll go find out what they are and get some replacements

Shobby 03-13-2015 01:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
woo parts
Attachment 181577

Attachment 181578

Attachment 181579

Shobby 03-15-2015 08:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Found a very nice guy in the forums who helped me with installation and let me use his garage, I dont know what his name is on S2kI but thanks!

I was supposed to install the coil overs, test pipe, and do an oil change. But we had tons of trouble with the last coil over that we didnt have time for the oil change.

While I was doing my coil overs he was busy polishing my head lights, swapping the bottoms of my seats, vacuuming, and repairing all sorts of little things. Very nice guy!

I didn't get any install pics because I was too into the install. I ended up having to move the filler neck to get at my rear coilover and I have tons of trouble trying to get my front drivers side off. By the time I got the last one off we were already out of time. So I just had to throw them on and hope for the best. Here is were she sits as of now. Im going to bring it in for an alignment and get the ride height dialed in then Im going to dick around with the dampening. Test pipe install was a breeze, as expected

Attachment 181524

Attachment 181525

Attachment 181526

Shobby 06-03-2015 08:53 PM

Updated the first post if anyone is interested

S1 S2 06-04-2015 01:08 PM

Nice. Some one actually picked up a JDM model over here on the west side!

Shobby 11-11-2015 08:26 PM

7 Attachment(s)
its been awhile since I last updated this thread. Ive bounced around with selling it and keeping it and some different wheel set ups. I love the car but Im getting tired of the RHD. Anyways, some updates:

So after I installed the coilovers I had an alignment done. That lasted like 2 weeks until I decided I wanted to be lower, or higher.. I dont remember. Ive had the coils in and out more times than I can remember. I also have my gold Advans back.

Attachment 176508

Was out for a cruise with my buddy and his TT swapped supra

Attachment 176509

Sometime before this picture was taken I ran over a dead deer. I was zipping along the highway just cruising behind some sedan. 2 trucks passed us and I decided it was time for me to pass this sedan (we were going like 5 under the speed limit) well I downshift then accelerate after these trucks and was travelling a little to close behind them. Well they drove right over this dead dear without even slowing down or tapping the brakes (ground clearance yo) This was at one of the times I was slammed. So I destroyed this dear. My car was covered in goop and I had the top down. Luckily somehow nothing got in the inside. I rekt my bumper and an under panel but that was it. My car smelt BAD, it was awful. I had insurance cover the whole repair. So now I have a new front bumper and some under panels, also a fancy little license plate frame.

Heres some more random pictures. I havent done too much to the car. Keep bouncing back and forth from stock and modified.
I keep having all these plans for the car, I'll be right on the brink of buying parts. Then I will change my mind and say Im selling. So, I have no idea whats going to happen to it.

Heres a little peek at my friends VGS he just imported, I love it so bad..
Attachment 176510

A pic from today, first drive in 2 weeks
Attachment 176511

Heres my new mazda 3 next to Bertha
Attachment 176512

Just some random fall day
Attachment 176513

A poor picture of Bertha and friends TT swapped supra. RHD is pretty big where I live
Attachment 176514

Shobby 11-14-2015 05:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So I came across a local guy selling some RPF1s in s2k spec. I was going to pass because I dont like the gold finish but he offered me them for a good price so I decided why not. They came with 245's all around. I decided to throw them on just to see what would be needed to fit them in. I thought I was going to have lots of trouble because my 18" advans were sitting really flush with the fenders. But the rears seem to fit with no modifications. I was surprised. The front will need a little pull but nothing major. I am going to switch out for my stock lug nuts and am planning on painting them. Heres a couple pics, weather was super bad so I didnt take very many. More tomorrow

The old 7" compared to the new 9"
Attachment 176450

This picture makes it look very bad, mexi poke. But the suspension settled a few minutes later and wheel is not poking at all
Attachment 176451

Shobby 11-15-2015 10:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Some better pictures of new wheels. Absolutely no fender mods. Lowered on Buddy Club Coilovers

Attachment 176445

Attachment 176446

Attachment 176447

Attachment 176448

Attachment 176449

Acethriller 11-15-2015 01:21 PM

Nice! I like where this is going :thumbup:
Fenders aren't rolled?

Shobby 11-15-2015 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Acethriller (Post 23804168)
Nice! I like where this is going :thumbup:
Fenders aren't rolled?

Nope. Fenders are stock. I was really surprise. I was planning to just throw them on to see what kind of work I'll need then put my other wheels back on. But it looks like the rears will need nothing. Not sure on fronts yet. I think I could get away with some camber but I might just roll anyways

Acethriller 11-15-2015 04:17 PM

That's great, also kind of trying to find a set of rpf1s. Let me know if you ever plan to sell lol

Shobby 11-15-2015 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Acethriller (Post 23804272)
That's great, also kind of trying to find a set of rpf1s. Let me know if you ever plan to sell lol

Haha I do but I'm in Canada

Acethriller 11-15-2015 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Shobby (Post 23804273)

Originally Posted by Acethriller' timestamp='1447636645' post='23804272

I'm in Vancouver ;)

Shobby 11-16-2015 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Acethriller (Post 23804320)

Originally Posted by Shobby' timestamp='1447636809' post='23804273
[quote name='Acethriller' timestamp='1447636645' post='23804272']

I'm in Vancouver ;)
[/quote]

Oh reeeeaallly. I'll keep that in mind. Looking to pick up some volks if our dollar ever comes back

Shobby 01-31-2016 01:42 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Been away for a while. Thought Id post an update

Had to leave my car like this for about 2 months unfortunately
Attachment 173860

Was in town long enough to do a small service and a wheel swap for a road trip
Attachment 173861

The winter loaners
Attachment 173862

My friends VGS looking great with my rpf1s
Attachment 173863

And now my car is left in my friends garage
Attachment 173864

I started renting this space in my buddies garage. Over the next few weeks Im going to be removing my top to try and sort out my leaky top (Its a new top but I think it was installed wrong) I will also be rolling my fenders, valve adjustment, Timing Chain Tensioner, Some break work, and some small cosmetics. I am currently trying to source a hardtop and if I can find one then I will be getting my paint guy to do a lot more work

Shobby 03-10-2016 05:41 AM

Some updates.

After dicking around with this local guy selling a hardtop made by this company I never heard of, I decided to just order one from Forbidden. Customer service was super great as expected.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/0j...=w1698-h955-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/VO...M=w960-h540-no

Car sat for another little while before I had time to roll my fenders and do other things.

Here are the fenders rolled and hardtop brackets installed. I am getting some paint work done on friday

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ol...=w1698-h955-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/yj...=w1698-h955-no

The full fender rolling and slight pulling was going great until the last one. I rekt my front left fender. I went way too much and tried to fix it and it turned out no good. My paint guy says he can fix it though.

Now all I need is some paint work, and alignment, and a valve adjustment.