Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

"SilliG" Build Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 04:34 PM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Nice build. Subbed
The following users liked this post:
SilliG (01-20-2018)
Old 01-20-2018, 09:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So this leads me up until today. I have ordered and received my AP Racing BBK from Sakebomb Garage. I also purchased myself a set of Ballade headers with factory heat shield mount for Christmas. But that will go on later.

Next Steps:
-Order tires— 255/40/17 RS4
-Order brake pads
-Coat and seal the rims and calipers
-Mount tires
-Install everything

But in the meantime while its a little rainy outside and I wait for more parts to come in. I am spending this time using my dual action polisher going over my car to do a full paint correction to remove any swirl marks and light scratches out of the paint. Buff, Polish, Wax, Seal. Here is a quick progress picture. I am not complete yet.

Thanks for following along so far this has been fun so far.
The following users liked this post:
alSpeed2k (01-20-2018)
Old 01-20-2018, 10:16 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice build!
Old 01-21-2018, 02:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

subscribed
Old 01-22-2018, 09:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Subbing, great build! Hope to see you around the Bay Area. You're the only other local I've seen with a Milltek exhaust and I have to agree those rubber were stubborn aha
Old 01-22-2018, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard with the header it comes close to the passenger side motor mount. Would you recommend adding some sort of DEI reflect-a-gold to prevent possible warping of the mount due to heat?
Old 01-22-2018, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k
Nice build!
Thanks man I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by brendan1990
subscribed
Thanks I will try and keep the updates coming... and on time moving forward.

Originally Posted by s2kmac
Subbing, great build! Hope to see you around the Bay Area. You're the only other local I've seen with a Milltek exhaust and I have to agree those rubber were stubborn aha
Haha I saw one other guy at the Bay Area Mega Meet with a milltek exhaust was that you? But yes I agree they are rare. After getting those rubber hangars on I know there is only 1 way to get them off...which is cutting them. They were a pain.

Originally Posted by DeeyumAlex
I have heard with the header it comes close to the passenger side motor mount. Would you recommend adding some sort of DEI reflect-a-gold to prevent possible warping of the mount due to heat?
I THINK i remember seeing something about the headers coming close to the motor mounts in an early production thread but it was supposed to be tweaked for a V2. You would have to dig up previous threads to confirm or deny.

Also the headers are still sitting in a box so I can not give an honest opinion on anything at this time regarding pros, cons and possible supporting mods needed until I have my own experience with them. But I will be sure to make a note of it when they do get bolted to the car. When I ordered the headers with the heat shield option ... heat wasn't my main concern but was an added bonus. Keeping my engine bay looking stock as possible to the untrained eye was.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:00 PM

Quick update got some over night parts from Japan that should provide 30hp. I was detailing my fenders removed the side markers and they both cracked -_-. Ordered some new ones popped them in order has been restored in the universe

Old 02-03-2018, 06:35 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Considering that milltek myself since I can't find anything I like besides Mugen and amuse.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:57 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I enjoyed reading through this thread and seeing another owner who has taken their time with the vehicle. I like how you have emphasized maintenance and are using quality parts as you're going along. Plus learning more about the car driving, before making your upgrades.

Quick Reply: "SilliG" Build Thread