Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Sirbikealot7's Auction car rebuild and Function>Form quest for Lap times

Old 01-20-2018, 07:38 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, its been a long time since I made an update. Got in on the Ptuning ground buy and bought the option 2 with no intercooler. My buddy Gabe at Rampage Fab in Olympia, WA is going to be sponsoring the car this year and we whipped up a track worth V-mount setup. The goal was maximum cooling capacity and reliability, all while showcasing incredible fabrication and making a functional but nice looking setup. That being said, I've got to wire in flex fuel, boost control and traction control to the ECU and then it's ready to be tuned!!

Getting the clutch installed and broken in before the turbo installation. ACT HD PP with OEM disk.

I didn't like where the PTuning took water to cool the turbo from up by the throttle body, so this was my solution since no one makes a -8 AN to 1/2 barb. I'm not a great tig welder but I make do haha. I leave all the important stuff to Rampage.

P-clamps and rivnuts everywhere to secure wiring and hoses throughout.

Another issue I had with the Ptuning kit is that the downpipe hung really low, like 2" below the frame rail, so naturally I shortened it up. Again I'm no welder, I leave the important stuff to Gabe.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:51 AM

Had to remake the throttle cable bracket, because the ballade throttle body has a smaller wheel and makes it really hard to get the cable adjusted in the proper range. Had more of a bandaid solution before.

Photo dump of a bunch of the fab work from Rampage. His work is phenominal.

Oil cooler stuffed behind the fog light hole

The ductwork is killer.

Complete with color matched anodized Titanium intake piping
Old 01-20-2018, 08:00 AM

Made a spot for the 4 port solenoid, running everything in -4AN

Also worked with V Raptor Speed works to get some center louvers made for the holes I had already cut

Brake ducting done

Got the oil cooler thermostat installed on a bracket I made and fabbed all the lines

Old 01-20-2018, 08:13 AM

Now for the wiring and surge tank install

Fan wiring harness

Walbro 450 in tank with SOS mount kit

Ran 2 10 gauge supply wires back to this block I made, Hella waterproof fuses and Delphi fuse holders. Everything from the Relays back is 12 gauge

Had to insert a RIVNUT here because the chassis didn't have a pickup point for the Radium kit.

And notched the mount to fit with the rollbar

Side note, The Radium kit is great with a few exceptions, mainly the hose configuration is trash, minimum bend radius is not met, and without swivel ends the hoses are a pain to install and risk breaking the OEM plastic hanger. I fought with them via email about changing the hose design to have the proper fittings and they sent me a 2nd set of hoses with 90's instead of 120's like I mentioned was necessary. I told them I'd give them a try and report back, but after letting them know they in fact need to be swivel 120's on the oem tank side they told me no one else complained past "a challenge to install" and that I can make new hoses myself if I want to. For a $1300 part I expect it to be correct. They completely lost a customer and I'll be making a separate review post shortly.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:37 AM

Finally powdercoated the valve cover. I've got a little DIY setup at home with a spare kitchen oven in my basement.

Here is a bay shot with the cooling plate off

Also made a switch plate for the audio control panel

Old 01-20-2018, 08:44 AM

Installed some quicklatch minis for easy bumper retention and removal, as well as some canards from top 1, will be installing some additional turnbuckles to brace the canards, and also the out edges of the splitter.

They fit really will in the rear most headlight mount hole, just remove the little metal clip first

Final bay shot

The GF wanted to take a picture of the puppies in the car lol

And as she sits now
Old 01-20-2018, 01:13 PM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Wow amazing work and great pictures, is that catch can filter really not hitting the hood sitting that high?
Do you got a picture of the brake cooling from the inlet side as well? Looks very nice.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by flanders
Wow amazing work and great pictures, is that catch can filter really not hitting the hood sitting that high?
Do you got a picture of the brake cooling from the inlet side as well? Looks very nice.
Thanks man! No the filter doesn’t hit. It’s fits perfectly between the webbed bracing of the hood. About 1/2” of clearance to the hood.

If you scroll up to up to the photos of the oil cooler you can see the brake duct inlets but I’ll snap a couple photos and post them up!
Old 01-20-2018, 03:13 PM

The following users liked this post:
flanders (01-21-2018)
Old 01-20-2018, 03:36 PM

Also installed a quick latch mini on the airbag delete cover. Much better than the mounting tape and silicone that secured it before

Quick Reply: Sirbikealot7's Auction car rebuild and Function>Form quest for Lap times