Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Spoon Feds's MY00 NFR AP1 "build"

Old 02-05-2019, 05:47 PM

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by RAizzle
I've really been wanting an OEM NFR hardtop and this isn't helping.. Looking forward to seeing it installed!
I tried looking for one in New Formula Red from factory but it was impossible in our sparse classified market up here in Toronto, Canada.
Had to settle on buying whatever I could find and painting it the correct colour.

Its on the car now but she's in storage, slammed on OEM wheels. Looks pretty goofy lol
Old 02-05-2019, 10:03 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Goddamn this is nice.....NFR AP1s get me in the worst kind of way now.....I had to have GPW but the more I look at it I'd love a NFR....maybe I'll get another S for strict track duty and it'll be NFR >

Love the build.....Bronze wheels are legit the best color, period.....So classy. Glad bronze has really taken hold in terms of wheel color trend as of late....CE28s nonetheless...can't beat it.

OEM hardtop looks sooooo good. All of these things are so far away for me still....I can live vicariously through you.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:08 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoon Fed
I don't often feel the effects of FOMO. However, there are a few items/parts that have been stirring up those feelings lately as our beloved S2000s are getting on in age and more of the top tuning companies are slowly discontinuing the S2000 line of parts.

Spoon callipers, regardless of how much they improve the braking over other manufacturers, have always been one of those items that I have pined over and I worry they will be discontinued in the future with Spoon's focus turning to the FK8. With my first s2000, 10 years ago, I didn't have the funds or wheels specs to equip them. So when I saw they were stock at Go Tuning last month I jumped on them.

They won't be installed this season, ill be spending the winter collecting the supporting components and install in the spring.
Next time, you should REALLY look at buying JDM stuff direct from Japan. If you look at prices from RHDJapan, you'd be shocked! You have less markup and take advantage of Yen exchange rate.

https://www.rhdjapan.com/spoon-sports-monocoque-caliper-set-ap1-ap2.html
Old 02-13-2019, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kyle
Goddamn this is nice.....NFR AP1s get me in the worst kind of way now.....I had to have GPW but the more I look at it I'd love a NFR....maybe I'll get another S for strict track duty and it'll be NFR >

Love the build.....Bronze wheels are legit the best color, period.....So classy. Glad bronze has really taken hold in terms of wheel color trend as of late....CE28s nonetheless...can't beat it.

OEM hardtop looks sooooo good. All of these things are so far away for me still....I can live vicariously through you.
Thanks for the kind words man. We have definitely been spoiled by the aftermarket when it comes to parts for the S2000. There are so many ways to "build" these cars. So fun!

Old 02-13-2019, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by manystyles
Next time, you should REALLY look at buying JDM stuff direct from Japan. If you look at prices from RHDJapan, you'd be shocked! You have less markup and take advantage of Yen exchange rate.

https://www.rhdjapan.com/spoon-sports-monocoque-caliper-set-ap1-ap2.html

You're right. Living in Canada we get the shaft no matter how you look at it. Our dollar is worth nothing these days.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this is such an amazing build. I'm kind of in the same situation as you were when you were looking to buy.

Started looking early 2018 and then went to Japan in June. Saw such awesome JDM cars that I had to absolutely buy one of my own once back in Canada. Looked for s2000s while in Japan on classifieds lol.

Came back, looked everyday until I found what I couldn't believe - a clean example of a MY00 AP1 in NFR with only one owner and a little less than 60000 kms on the odometer, and for a price that I couldn't refuse. Once I drove down to see it, I bought it right on the spot. The paint is what I would call less than immaculate but everything else was mint. Couldn't believe I was looking at an 18 year old car.

Looking at your build, is basically everything I've been wanting to do for mine. Looking forward to seeing more of the build!
Old 03-04-2019, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Smoothbunzz
Wow, this is such an amazing build. I'm kind of in the same situation as you were when you were looking to buy.

Started looking early 2018 and then went to Japan in June. Saw such awesome JDM cars that I had to absolutely buy one of my own once back in Canada. Looked for s2000s while in Japan on classifieds lol.

Came back, looked everyday until I found what I couldn't believe - a clean example of a MY00 AP1 in NFR with only one owner and a little less than 60000 kms on the odometer, and for a price that I couldn't refuse. Once I drove down to see it, I bought it right on the spot. The paint is what I would call less than immaculate but everything else was mint. Couldn't believe I was looking at an 18 year old car.

Looking at your build, is basically everything I've been wanting to do for mine. Looking forward to seeing more of the build!
Thanks very much for the kind words.

Congrats on your S2000 find! The Canadian market is a difficult to find nice examples of theses cars. There were so few sold to begin with, mixed with salty roads, bad drivers, turbo kits, etc and it becomes quite the task to find a clean, stock car.As far as mods go, this Car is damn near perfect from factory. Therefore whenever I change/add mods to the car, they need to 9theoretically) improve the car in some way for me to justify it.

I hope to see some pics of your car soon.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:46 AM

Getting stir crazy up here in Canada. Spring st taking its sweet time arriving.

Started the car for the first time in 4.5 months, turned it around, and parked it back in the garage. FML

Pics

Attachment 149631

Attachment 149632
Old 04-04-2019, 07:28 PM
Bri

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts

Dang that hardtop looks good. Can’t wait to see proper pictures of this beauty!

Did it have any issues starting with the car left alone for 4.5 months?
Old 04-05-2019, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bri
Dang that hardtop looks good. Can’t wait to see proper pictures of this beauty!

Did it have any issues starting with the car left alone for 4.5 months?
Ya looking forward to getting some decent pics of her.

I think the battery was a bit low so the the starter motor was a bit slow, but she "caught" after a couple cranks and fired right up!

Quick Reply: Spoon Feds's MY00 NFR AP1 "build"