Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

SunflowerS2K's boring Rio Yellow Pearl AP2

Old 02-09-2017, 01:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SunflowerS2K's boring Rio Yellow Pearl AP2

Hello! I decided since I will be keeping my S2000 FOREVER (hopefully) that I should start a build thread.
I've always wanted to be an S2000 owner, but never bought one until April of 2016. I decided to purchase my S2000 as I finally purchased a townhouse when I was 20, and I felt as though I deserved it, as I already put money into the most important purchase of your life. The thing that really pushed me to buy an S2000 was when my poor 2011 CR-Z got hit by a truck and caused 9k worth of damage. Unfortunately, insurance fixed my tainted car. But I already had my mind set on buying an S2000 and decided, **** it! Let's have both. I ended up selling the CR-Z to my mom, and she loves it though.

Anyways, the CR-Z got hit on April Fools Day, and I started my search for S2000's on April 2nd. Looked at a few, there was slim pickings in Alberta. A friend of mine ended up finding an ad on Kijiji with no pictures, and asked to see pictures of the car. So it looked SUPER clean, but it was Rio Yellow Pearl, probably the color I wanted the least. So, me and a few friends decided to drive from Edmonton to Calgary (2.5hrs), as my bestie wanted to pick up some Spec D headlights for her TC that she saw come up on Kijiji. Ended up working out perfectly. As soon as we turned onto the street, I saw the car and was in love instantly. It was just so clean! Started talking numbers with the owner instantly after checking out the car, and told him I would put a deposit on the car. He didn't want one.

Here's me being super excited about my future new car. Anyways, fast forward to the next weekend after I got my shit together, drove down to Calgary in a rental (it SNOWED on the Saturday I drove down during the drive). UGH! It was fine the next day. So me and the bestie make the trip back on Sunday, both hungover.

A parting picture from it's old loving owner... he used to park under a tree though. Gives me anxiety.

Got her home and washed her after driving in the rain:

Owned it for a few months, and didn't really do anything other then clean it, changed the oil with Royal Purple 10w30... So here's another picture because SHE'S SO PRETTY.

Got a dyno done for fun at a friends dyno shop, Silver Maple Numerics... 191whp and 137trq. Seemed a little low, but oh well. My lovely boyfriend with a B20 vtec EG (soon to be turbo) in my car on the dyno, as I didn't want to drive a car on the dyno with no experience.

Took her down to the Okanagan and enjoyed some quality touge driving... wish I still lived there instead of Alberta where it's flat and full of potholes!

About a week before I garaged her for the winter, October, someone hit my back bumper.

Thankfully my dad is a skilled auto body tech and had it fixed for me basically the next day... But it was cold and completed the repairs in a cold garage, so the paint ended up running a bit, so we are going to complete that repair once spring rolls around.

Anyways, collected a couple parts, Takeda Cold Air Intake, I know it's fairly new to the market so hopefully it's good, as well as a Skunk2 Megapower Catback, and an eBay AP2 lip that I'll get painted when I complete the repairs on the bumper. Recieved a Skunk2 weighted shift knob as well. And yes, my cat Ruto LOVES to stick her paws in eveything! Also, shout out to Teknotik for being an excellent supplier of parts for us poor Canadians who have to pay up the ass for everything.

Anyways, I will update this thread in probably a month or 2 once I have a chance to install those parts!!!

Last edited by sunflowers2k; 02-09-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:29 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Welcome! Nice car!
The following users liked this post:
sunflowers2k (02-10-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Welcome! Nice car!
Thank you! Maybe one day mine will be as nice as yours!
Old 02-10-2017, 06:27 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by sunflowers2k
Thank you! Maybe one day mine will be as nice as yours!
Ha! Mine is silver, old, high-mileage, and very much broken. You don't want my car, believe that.

But thank you!
Old 02-10-2017, 03:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Welcome!
Old 02-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Old 02-11-2017, 04:24 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Rio is obviously the sexiest color

Let's see what you have in store for it next, congrats on owning one!
Old 02-11-2017, 01:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome!
Old 04-03-2017, 09:27 AM

Update! Finally picked her up on March 31st after she slept in storage since October 16th... So, it was LOOONG awaited to start driving her again. That first time that you hit vtec tho. Oh boy! So much power compared to my daily.
Got her all cleaned up and took some pictures of her! Here's a couple of my favorites

I was also able to install my Takeda cold air intake as well. Installation was fairly easy. Didn't take too long or anything. It sounds really good, but it didn't get a dyno yet. I'll wait until after I install my skunk2 cat back for it.

NAKED ENGINE.

Yes, that is a Bunta sticker - because I needed somewhere to put it, and I figured that was a good enough spot so I could enjoy it. Much jdm.

Anyways, this coming up weekend, should be able to get her polished and eventually get my lip put on after that... Then maybe the exhaust. Looking forward to it!
The following 2 users liked this post by sunflowers2k:
DarkArsenic (04-03-2017), S1 S2 (04-03-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 01:57 PM

So, got my Skunk2 Catback (meow) installed - sounds amazing! Also, got a dyno with the catback and intake installed. Making 200whp/146tq now - a very small gain from the 191hp/137tq from last time. Was a little dissapointed. Hopefully I can buy an AEM ECU soon so I can get her tuned!

I also put on my AP2 lip. Makes the car look SO much better.

Oh, and the poor girl got vandalized a couple weekends ago - the whole windshield got covered in spray paint, and they put a big wiener on the hood as well. Luckily enough, everything came off after 5 hours of elbow grease. UGH!

All is good now, so here's some pictures:

The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (05-27-2017)

Quick Reply: SunflowerS2K's boring Rio Yellow Pearl AP2