Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Time Trial slaying track slut build!

Old 07-01-2016, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
You bought a yellow car, you MUST be colorblind.
Right? But it isn't like a banana yellow or big bird yellow. Its like a dark mustard color. Or a severely dehydrated person's piss color. You know the type, "drink 8-10 canteens immediately.", that color.

Originally Posted by King Tut
Easier to find when you wreck it into the woods at Roebling.
Whoa dude, I don't wreck into the woods, I just go fast...unless a wall gets in the way.

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Look like burgundy vans shoes to me, possibly red wine.
So I actually looked it up. Vans calls it "plaid port".

Originally Posted by Bullwings
Are you allowed to have a BBK for H1? OR are you going to have to de-mod the car to fit into the class? Wheel restrictions are 8" wide, right?
Yeah you can have a bbk, it is just a 50# weight penalty. The minimum competition weight (driver plus vehicle) for an AP1 is 2450#, which a lot of guys have trouble getting down to. So most of them will take the bbk penalty and a 75# penalty for remote reservoir coilovers.

I won't have to de-mod. In fact, I'm going to have to upgrade a lot to be competitive. Most of those guys are running top-of-the-line penskes, mega sway bars, and refreshed engines. S2000s are severely limited in Honda Challenge, and are not allowed to open up the engine or head. So you want to have the freshest engine possible to be competitive. I'm screwed in the engine department at the moment, and probably for all of next season too.

H1 cars can run the widest wheel they want as long as the top of the tire doesn't extend past the fender. We have to run Toyo RRs, so it becomes a matter of diminishing returns as you go up in tire width. Most seem to run 235-255 tires. H2 S2000s are limited to 8" wheels and 235 width tires.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:58 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by skatebrian624
How did he get purple from that? I thought he meant Dysen had purple shoes, which I could believe. Yeah my shoes are like a dark red, however my wife says I'm color blind so I could be f@#ked up.
I dono, looks borderline purple to me. All good man, just embrace it. Didn't realize you rolled like that but it's all good, I don't judge.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What the heck....so even my white wife beater has made it into this thread, of man, what has become of this world. Haha. Nice write up dude.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:42 PM

^thanks guys.

Hey bros what's up. I went to Pocono Raceway yesterday with Audi Club North America. This is on the short 1.5mi North course. In the video is my fastest lap (which was set in the 1st session before I had the dip at the kink figured out; so there is a good 2 seconds still out there), a nighttime semi-wet lap with street tires, and then a rain lap. This was an interesting event because it started at 5PM and ran until 1AM, and we also had intermittent thunderstorms throughout the evening. I got to meet a lot of other s2000 guys and saw some cool R8s, so that was sweet.

We had a pretty good turnout for S2000s. I think there were 6 of us there so that was pretty cool.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmT8B-CS81w[/media]

Name:  dd4daf86-3bf3-4481-b9c3-89797cc79c2b.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  366.1 KB
Old 09-04-2016, 06:37 PM

YYYYOOOOOO hey guys whats up. I guess it's been awhile. So I've done a lot of corrective and preventative maintenance while away. I also bought a house so thats the main reason I haven't been on the track.

Anyways, for the maintenance I replaced my rear calipers which was a huge bitch. I stripped one of the banjo bolts like a dumbass and spent over a week waiting for a new bolt from honda. How the hell does auto zone, advance auto, and napa not have this size bolt? While waiting for the new bolt I changed out my trans fluid and diff fluid with amsoil stuff. I also ordered a morose baffle plate to go in my spare pan that I bought from my bud....but I have been too lazy to clean up the pan and get the plate welded in. I'll get it done eventually...maybe...probably.

So right now the big deal coming up is NASA's East Coast Championship at Watkins Glen International. Hence, the big push to get the car ready. I didn't think this championship was going to happen to due my class not having enough participants, but luckily we got enough people just in time. Now, I have to scramble to get this ready. Here's the link for the championship: East Coast Championship

Maintenance and stuff:

Name:  IMAG1222.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  145.7 KB

breaking stuff like a boss.

Name:  IMAG1258.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  180.1 KB

In my opinion, the best baffle plate for the price. I'll think it will be fine without being welded. It doesn't move around too much, and it will have the oil to dampen its movement as well.

Name:  IMAG1259.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  165.6 KB

Dope stance af af af.

Practice day at Watkins Glen!!!

Name:  IMAG1271.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  186.1 KB

This was a fun day! Got to meet and hang out with a bunch of the Delval and Upstate/Metro NYC guys and it was a great time! Thanks to Freq and his wife for their hospitality and lunch!

So here's my vid from that day. I only got 8 laps due to my tires being corded, and from Phil, the tire guy, "ready to blow at any time." Regardless, I managed to beat the TTC track record by 3.8 seconds on only my 7th ever lap on that track! Sweet! I think with fresh tires and non-shitty driving, I should be able to get the time down in the 2:07s.

Name:  IMAG1272.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  193.6 KB

Video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju7p2sSA0kE[/media]
Old 09-08-2016, 07:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Time to drink some beer and watch some X-Files
Old 09-09-2016, 09:01 PM

Hey man you earned it, thanks for reading.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:39 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Nice write up Brian.

Great read.