Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Toreycarter's 00 BB Ap1

Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Toreycarter's 00 BB Ap1

Just here to share the process of building my car with everyone. It's not a track car or a show car but who's to say that I won't venture to either. Here's a picture of the car the first day I picked it up.

First fill up before my drive back to Atlanta.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:43 PM

Then I picked up a set of brand new Regamaster Evos in 17x8 +35 in Almighty Gray.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like where this is going
Old 08-21-2013, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:47 PM

Thanks guys, still have a lot more pictures to post but my phone will only let me upload one at a time. So I got the wheels installed on my birthday and was very happy with how they turned out.

Luckily for me Import Alliance summer meet was a few days away and everything was perfect for me. But I still needed something to make the car better, so once I got back from the meet the part hunting started. Here's a picture of the car at the meet.

Once I got home I ordered my Challenge exhaust (no pictures yet) and they told me that it would be a few weeks. A few days pass and a buddy of mine text me and asked if I wanted his bumper, so I figured it was a good deal and purchased his Amuse R1 and it is currently being prepped for paint.

So I had the wheels and a few other things ready to go for the car but I've always been a detail guy when it comes to cars. That and having stuff that no one else has. I picked up a set of extended Rays lugs in black as I knew the black lugs wouldn't take away from the wheels. Then a buddy of mine calls and decided to tell me to check ebay because there was a set of lugs that he's only seen a few sets of. I pm'd Jeff (Spid5) and asked him to purchase his lugs. He told me that his weren't Honda specific and knew someone who did have a set. So after a few texts back and forth I ended up buying these.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:20 AM

Another update. Made a 9 hour road trip yesterday (round trip) to go pick up a part that I have wanted for a while. It changed the entire look of my car and was very happy with the outcome.

*sorry for the dirty car I had to drive down a rock road after a downpour to get the top*

Old 08-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Stop right there. Don't touch a thing. Save your $$.

Just simple bolt-ons. Maybe an exhaust but leave the front bumper alone or at least don't sell it.

Car looks lowered?

.......keep good tires on it and dont wreck it.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Don't listen to that man! Who needs money anyway? Very nice looking. Next on the list should be a good top to bottom detail. Those headlights are looking a little cloudy
Old 08-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by baZurk
^^ Don't listen to that man! Who needs money anyway? Very nice looking. Next on the list should be a good top to bottom detail. Those headlights are looking a little cloudy

I'm sorry but all OEM and an AP1 no less is such a timeless, classic look to it.

Yeah, headlights and check the tail lights for sign of pink instead of red. Theres a TSB for that.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:32 AM

I have an exhaust ordered just waiting for it to get welded. But I appreciate the kind words...yes the car is lowered on D2 coilovers and the ride is amazing. The headlights have been hit with toothpaste haha but I need to get them redone.

Quick Reply: Toreycarter's 00 BB Ap1