Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts

Old 08-08-2014, 06:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the wedding. Hispanic first name but you look asian. Car is looking good!
Old 08-08-2014, 07:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Some quality parts here! nice to see a CR being raced, maybe ill see you at the NYR SCCA events.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by juntsky
compared to a similar hood, it doesn't allow for as much air flow. Their hood opening is quite small. I was talking to the guys at ASM about buying one and they said hoods like Mugen and Js offer far better cooling ability due to the amount of openings in them. The ASM vent is much more of a slit in comparison.

For clarity: I'm not against buying an ASM hood by any means. It's an absolutely beautiful piece. That being said, if I was really concerned about keeping the engine bay cool, I'd go Amuse or Mugen or spend a lot more and get the ASM GT10 hood like I was saying lol
I am going for the ASM hood for more of the looks than the functional aspect. The J's, Spoon or Mugen hoods have all crossed my mind but I don't think they look good with the CR lip and wing. As for most of my mods, I try to go for the functional aspects but at the end of the day...an OEM S2000 is more than enough for my driving abilities.

Originally Posted by bouford
congrats on the upcoming wedding sir!

personally, i would choose a center vent hood over the others. me engine temps run substantially lower than my friend (with the same vortech set up) and oem hood.
Thank you. I believe my current does its job in terms of ventilation. It's NA...nothing making it heat up more than usual. Want I really want is the extra space for the intake snorkel. I had to cut into the hood now and even then, it's just not as clean.

Originally Posted by second2none
Congrats on the wedding. Hispanic first name but you look asian. Car is looking good!
Thanks Skyler. Yes, Hispanic and/or Italian name but I'm not a mutt. Pure bred Taiwanese. My dad decided on this name when he barely knew English himself, when moving the family here. It's happened many times where I would stand in front of the person (who's never met me before) calling out my name and they wouldn't recognize that I'm already standing in front of them.

Originally Posted by iamxpL
Some quality parts here! nice to see a CR being raced, maybe ill see you at the NYR SCCA events.
It's not a CR. I wish it was. I just have the CR front lip and wing. I've been meaning to go autox this summer but I've been busy. I've yet to get my hondata tuned and I've had for six months already. You go to the NJ events at the meadowlands, right? I used to drive out there to autox a decade ago...but now I'm lazy. If I get to go, I'll likely just go to the one at Nassau coliseum. It would be nice to sit your new CR and see what I can learn from you.

So I decided to take the S2000 out yesterday after not driving it for at least a month. It was nice to find out that my secondary theft deterrent system worked. The car would not start. I had to jump the car. Anyway, it was nice to take the car out with the top down. I also noticed that I will be buying a new rollbar cover soon because the one that was glued back in is splitting in half under the summer heat. I will most likely be buying one that did not come with speakers since it needs to be hacked to clear the hard dog rollbar. Later on in the day, I parked next to a new Caymen GTS. It looks awesome in person. Every time I see these cars, I have the urge to sell my S and get one of these instead. But then I remind myself that I have enough debts to pay off.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

well your car is still amazing. great attention to detail. I'll be at NYR events this year. Since the local SCCA will be tapering off and we dont have too many events listed after this month. I'd love to have a fellow s2ki'er be a passenger, thats if NYR lets me have a passenger. my friend is an instructor there so ill talk to him about it.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by iamxpL
well your car is still amazing. great attention to detail. I'll be at NYR events this year. Since the local SCCA will be tapering off and we dont have too many events listed after this month. I'd love to have a fellow s2ki'er be a passenger, thats if NYR lets me have a passenger. my friend is an instructor there so ill talk to him about it.
OCD == Attention to detail

So last year when I did the one event at Nassau coliseum, I was shocked to find out just how lax the rules got in regards to passengers. I was able to get my fiance to ride as passenger with just a waiver. She had a great time. Maybe an event in mid/end of September will be possible.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats Rico!!!
Old 11-10-2014, 02:15 PM

Put the S into storage yesterday but before doing so, I finally got around to changing the floor mats. The new mats are nice and I hope the material holds up on the driver's side. This also means, the ASM mats will likely go on sale. I also put on my first ever custom plates. Was on the fence since I really deplore the color combination. Would have been really good if I got to keep the old colors. Oh well, can't have it all.
The CX-5 will be the only choice for the next five months. Then hopefully I will make up my mind on which hood to get this winter.
[attachment=69139:image.jpg]

[attachment=69140:image.jpg]

[attachment=69141:image.jpg]

[attachment=69142:image.jpg]

[attachment=69143:image.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpg  

Old 11-11-2014, 02:59 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Iooks good! I've always though NY had some of ugliest plates. I wish VA had the black plates with white letters. A few states do and I really like it.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Iooks good! I've always though NY had some of ugliest plates. I wish VA had the black plates with white letters. A few states do and I really like it.
Thanks. Yeah, the NYS plate is pretty ugly. That'so why I was on the fence but because the custom plate had double meaning and was available, I decided to get it.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:48 AM

I think I've decided on the hood. Time to inquire about the wait.
Also updated the thread title. After reading the much debated what qualifies as a "build" thread, I decided to appease the S2Ki gods and be honest about my non-build by updating the thread subject.

Quick Reply: TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts