TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts - Page 18 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > The S2000 Gallery > Automotive builds
Reload this Page >

TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts

Notices
Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts

Old 12-12-2015, 03:14 PM

Thank you but the more I look at the amuse hood, the more I think I should've got that instead.

Time for some updates. It's been a month, I finally have both ASM RS-G in the car...with flaws. The reason why it took so long was because th original Recaro Japan rails only fit on the driver side. The passenger side, does not fit for 06+. So I had to send it back and find one that would fit and also take the stock seat belt and buckle. So I wound up with ballade sports floor mounts and PCI rails and side mounts. I waited almost two weeks to get this setup sent to me.

When it arrived, I was anxious to finally get the seat in. Then during unwrapping, I realized they sent me two of the same sliders. So I waited another two weeks to get the correct slider. I assembled the parts on the seat and was ready to align the four simple bolts to the floor. But, it didn't want to align. As soon as I loosely bolted one side down, the other side would be up in the air, ar least an inch off the floor. I was going bonkers, could not figure why. Then I took the seat off the mounts and found the culprit. The slider handle is pressing against the hump. There was no way to clear it. So I decided to take the driver side apart to use the Recaro handle since it was shaped differently and thought it might have a chance. No luck.

Fours hours later, both seats are in but the passenger side is almost as far back as possible with no way of sliding forward and back as I had to forgo the handle for the time being. To my amazement I was able to get both seats sitting at almost identical height. Provided that I had to use two different brands of seat mounts, this was the only positive.

I took some pics of the handles and how it didn't clear the hump. I will have to take pics of the seats another day when I take it out for a spin.

I learned a lot from this experience. I learned that the S requires elf sized hands and I'm really close to finishing with the mods. Nothing fits like OEM, unless it's Mugen, ASM, Spoon and Amuse. I'm just annoyed at companies that advertise fitment for a model but obviously it doesn't completely.

Ballad Sports/PCI shit handle
[attachment=88733:image.jpeg]

Recaro Japan handle
[attachment=88735:image.jpeg]
Attached Thumbnails TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpeg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpeg  
Old 12-14-2015, 04:01 PM

Lol F1 Spec rails / sliders fit perfectly and took 10 mins each side to install.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:04 PM

You have an AP1. Are you sure they make one for 06+ passenger side? The hump on the passenger side is the issue.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:44 PM

Got a car wash and took some pics of the seats. The height isn't too far off. The seats are a reminder to not over indulge over the holidays.

Enjoy these HD type R pics.

[attachment=88872:image.jpeg]

[attachment=88873:image.jpeg]

[attachment=88874:image.jpeg]

[attachment=88875:image.jpeg]

Oh and I bought some interior pieces from everyone's favorite vendor

[attachment=88876:image.jpeg]
Attached Thumbnails TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpeg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpeg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpeg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpeg   TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpeg  

Old 12-15-2015, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by TW00Si
You have an AP1. Are you sure they make one for 06+ passenger side? The hump on the passenger side is the issue.
Yes - the handle tapers in
Old 12-16-2015, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
Originally Posted by TW00Si
Yes - the handle tapers in
It also needs to angle up as the rails move forward in order to clear the hump.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:10 PM

I gave up on worrying about getting the passenger seat rail sliding. Even if you get a rail handle that works that is so little room to actually slide a seat forward on the passenger side. Especially with a relatively wide seat like the Pole Position. There really isn't any useful reason to slide the passenger seat forward anyway I realized unless you are trying to get access to work on something back there. And in that case it is much easier to just remove the seat anyway.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
I gave up on worrying about getting the passenger seat rail sliding. Even if you get a rail handle that works that is so little room to actually slide a seat forward on the passenger side. Especially with a relatively wide seat like the Pole Position. There really isn't any useful reason to slide the passenger seat forward anyway I realized unless you are trying to get access to work on something back there. And in that case it is much easier to just remove the seat anyway.
Only reason I found is that the lady likes to be further forward so her feet don't rest awkwardly either side of the hump, and guys like to be all the way back to avoid the hump.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:15 AM

Valid points. Just want to give my wife the option to move the seat when needed. Plus, it makes vacuuming easier. Will give bending the handle a try in the near future. Then maybe I'll give up like the way I gave up with the airbag light in the dash.