TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > The S2000 Gallery > Automotive builds
Reload this Page >

TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts

Notices
Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts

Old 10-03-2013, 08:12 AM

Love the pictures of you driving the back roads! I think this car is awesome. I so would love to have a Type-S clone.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:09 AM

Very nice so far
Old 10-03-2013, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Feezy View Post
Haha. I've got a few sets of the OEM premium mats. I don't need more floormats... or maybe I do! I really like the style of the ASMs better than the OEM premiums, but the fact that they are totally flat kills it for me. I really love how the OEM Premium ones contour to the shape of the floor when going over the humps.

I'm looking forward to more pictures of your car.
For the driver side, it sits in nicely and quite honestly doesn't move much since it has the two plugs to help hold it in place. On the passenger side, it moves a bit but I blame it on my most frequent passenger (I've never mentioned this one to my fiance since I've already "reminded" her on multiple occasions to not slam the door and trunk...among other "rules" I have for the car. Trying to not annoy the crap out of her). I do have bride rails and I think they also help keeping the mats down. If you're more OCD than I...then yeah, it's going to bother you that they don't contour completely with the hump.

If I take more pictures, it'll be with my awesome iPhone. I was fortunate enough that forum members actually wanted to take pictures with their cameras when they saw my car at the dragon event.

Originally Posted by iLuveketchup View Post
Car is awesome! I really like the look of a CR with a soft top.

Is that a J's hood?
Thanks. It's the AUTHENTIC Seibon J's Type-S hood.
I'm willing to spend the money for quality parts but when it comes to CF/FRP body panel parts, I'm very gun shy. I also wasn't sure how it would look since this was not my first choice of hood in terms of look. I wanted the ASM hood with the little hump but I'm not baller enough to buy it.

Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
Looking good, Rico!
Thanks Pete! You know this car would not look this way without you and your car A.D.D. nature.
But I'm glad you're the way you are because I wouldn't have driven 16hrs to meet you.

Originally Posted by jst2878 View Post
Looking real good. Inspiring
Thanks Justin.

Originally Posted by adrs2k View Post
Love the pictures of you driving the back roads! I think this car is awesome. I so would love to have a Type-S clone.
I went a little overboard and bought four professional photos from two different vendors. I spent a whole week deciding which ones to buy. Maybe it'll look different next April when I attend the event again.

So with the soft top...I'm on the fence selling it and buying the CR tonneau. I really like the look of the CR tonneau and want to complete the CR look but I also like the ease of going topless. Hell, my fiance already asked me how we will go topless next spring/summer if I sell it. I told her, we will need to buy a family convertible that has enough space for a baby-seat. She actually said, okay, let's do that. There's no such thing right?

Old 10-03-2013, 04:05 PM

I'd keep the soft top. There is nothing like the ease of going topless.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:09 AM

Keep the softop. When the top is off I agree the CR tonneau looks amazing, but no soft top is a hassle and def prevents me from enjoying the CR anytime. I have to be more calculated and I have to plan my drives now if I want to take the hard top off. No more drop top anytime
Old 10-21-2013, 03:36 PM

What I do with my down time at work is not good. Bought a few things and these are the first to arrive. Damn gotuning for stocking everything ASM.

[attachment=47408:image.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts-image.jpg  
Old 10-22-2013, 07:02 PM

Gotuning is the worst thing that has ever happened to my bank account... looking good man, a beautiful beast in person!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Community Organizer

I love your build! I am rebuilding a 03 GPW and I will also be going with CR aero. Your photo's are awesome and very motivating!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:52 PM

asm floormats ftw!!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by pastoli View Post
I love your build! I am rebuilding a 03 GPW and I will also be going with CR aero. Your photo's are awesome and very motivating!
Thank you. The nice photo's are from other people with capable cameras and photography skills that I do not have. I'm just glad I have them for my own keepsake. I love the CR aero, definitely makes the car more aggressive looking. Very much like a toy car though. Every now and then when I sit at a light, I get a 5-8 year old kid (boys and girls) pointing to my car and telling their mom/dad, "I want that car. Buy me one."

Originally Posted by s2ksi8 View Post
asm floormats ftw!!
Yes, they are very durable. The patch on the driver side right by the pedals is a must. That's something that the OEM floor mat missed dearly.

Quick Reply: TW00Si - Just another GPW with mismatched parts

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands