Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Yitz's 03 Suzuka Blue Metallic

Old 11-23-2015, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yitz's 03 Suzuka Blue Metallic

Hey everybody! Last week I picked up a 2003 Suzuka with 75k miles. This will be my daily driver and seasonal autocross car. Intention is to keep it mostly stock, with some functional mods, and mild upgrades when stuff wears out.

First thing I did was removing the dealer badge shortly after taking that photo.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:16 PM

The car came with Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval all-season tires. I'll run them until it snows, then get some General Altimax Artics for the winter. I already secured a set of winter AP1 wheels.

In the spring, I figure I'll either put the A/S back on, or jump in for either Conti Extremecontact DW, or Potenza RE760 Sports.

The Firestones:

Old 11-23-2015, 12:19 PM

Soft top latches were busted, so I got new OEM

Some rudimentary security until I can get an alarm appointment finalized.

Going to try this front plate solution if I can find a good spot to mount it. If not, possibly tow hook, or OEM

Old 11-23-2015, 12:20 PM

Still thinking about how to dock my phone... I have a nice dock from my last car, but it has an unreasonably strong sticky suction cup, and I don't want to mar the dash.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:25 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 11-24-2015, 07:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yitznewton
Still thinking about how to dock my phone... I have a nice dock from my last car, but it has an unreasonably strong sticky suction cup, and I don't want to mar the dash.
Modifry makes brackets that mount behind the dash controls that you can put a universal mount on for phones and other stuff
Old 11-24-2015, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by nodoze
Modifry makes brackets that mount behind the dash controls that you can put a universal mount on for phones and other stuff
I did see those; I'm worried about breaking dash parts though. Do you know how risky the installation is?
Old 11-24-2015, 07:52 AM

The first significant thing I did for her was clearing the top drain. We had heavy rain one night, and afterward my bag in the trunk was wet. I cringingly popped out the trunk carpet and found a good six inches of water in the well... thankfully no rust. I bailed that out. It took a frustrating five minutes or so to figure out the correct angle of attack for the drains, but I finally managed to clear out the hoses, and all was well again!

No pics, I'm afraid; I was in a big hurry that day to move onto other things.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yitznewton
Originally Posted by nodoze' timestamp='1448383280' post='23811517
I did see those; I'm worried about breaking dash parts though. Do you know how risky the installation is?
I'm fairly sure they pop right off with a pry tool. Obviously don't use gorilla strength on them though
Old 11-25-2015, 05:51 AM

Modifry SWC is on the way. I had been planning on installing this stuff myself, but I may just have it done along with the alarm.

I used the stock horn in real-world ops for the first time today, and it was definitely a disappointment, so, I'm happy I got this one. Someone else's before-and-after:

Quick Reply: Yitz's 03 Suzuka Blue Metallic