Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Yitz's 03 Suzuka Blue Metallic

Old 03-29-2016, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grilla
How's the Broadway mirror working out? Do you get a vibrating image since it's a clip on?
So far it's great, no more problems with headlights behind, and good field of vision. I would have liked a smaller one, but I couldn't find one in stock from a reputable seller. I don't notice vibrations any worse than the OEM mirror.

EDIT: yeah, now that I'm paying attention, it does vibrate. I sometimes find myself re-checking in the side mirrors to see if a car behind is a cop.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:00 AM

Did a headlight restoration yesterday. Much better.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f74zStxGTQ[/media]
Old 05-30-2016, 06:32 AM

I've been on the fence about getting a Moddiction Anvil 2 titanium knob for a while. Couldn't quite pull the trigger on one during their latest production run; maybe next time.

I finally put the rear tray etc. back together, after months apart after trying to slay a leak. It seems like the leak is due to improper (or no) riveting when the top was replaced. Whoever did the top was a noob or incompetent; the side trim pieces next to the rear tray were also mangled (I replaced them), and the people actually started cutting up the rollbar garnish to get things to fit, because they apparently couldn't figure it out, or check S2KI . When I put the rear tray back in, I couldn't get it to line up with the fastener sockets on the rollbar. Not sure if it was me, or if the stuff was too deformed, but I left it loose, and it doesn't seem to be rattling. Car sounds better inside with the noise deadening of the tray back in!

My remote trunk release broke soon after I got the car; today I found the broken wire. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it soon once I get some new wire.

Still have to put back the trunk carpeting.

For the future, I would love to do a seat upgrade, and maybe CR bumper and wing, but they're not in the budget any time soon. I still need to wear out the A/S tires she came with, and get something decent.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:10 AM

I put some 3-in-1 on the pivoting pin thingy of my accelerator this morning to clear up a squeak.

Also finished the wire splice on the remote trunk release. I'm not too happy about how the bundle of wires is lying now; I'm left with the suspicion that I'm going to need to keep doing this periodically. I did not splice any of the other (still intact) wires in the loom.

While I had power out to the car for the soldering iron, I vacuumed out a bunch of leaves and other vegetative debris.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:47 PM

I'm really thrilled: I finally conquered the trunk leak! Months ago, I noticed that both drains were working, but apparently the one I had not cleared was still partially blocked. I cleared it last week, and now the trunk is dry. Today's torrential drain was the acid test.

Now I'm just waiting for my new tail light gaskets to come so I can button up the carpet liner in the trunk. It was funky after sitting in water for so long before I bought the car, so I shampooed it partially, then Febreezed it, then Arm & Hammered it. It will be very weird to have a normal carpeted trunk again, all the more so now that I fixed the trunk remote. Luxury!
Old 06-22-2016, 06:50 AM

Did a brake bleed with ATE amber, changed the oil with Mobil 1. I used Back to Black on the trim around the tub of the car; seems like it needs some deep cleaning, as it has stubborn water spots. I want to try the B2B also on the faded roll hoops, soft top handle, and dome light buttons.

My soft top has a 3-inch tear that was patched by a PO, and the patch was falling off. I E6000'ed it back on, but the glue got spread around, and the patch itself is a bit ragged, so it needs to be redone. I got some ballistic nylon, and used a mini razor scraper to shave off most of the excess glue from the outside of the top.

[attachment=96067:scraper.png]
Attached Thumbnails Yitz's 03 Suzuka Blue Metallic-scraper.png  
Old 06-27-2016, 02:21 PM

I wanted a louder turn signal. After ordering a TurnAlarm (didn't fit) and fumbling around with a piezo (couldn't figure out how to eliminate leak when not using signal), I just drilled out a bunch of the relay housing.

Name:  _20160627_181746_zpscjrqtdj1.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  73.2 KB
Old 07-19-2016, 08:54 AM

Installed my new AutoVation dead pedal, clutch, and brake pedals today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6GqKyLnbkQ