Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Meets and Events > BMT - Boston Mountains Tour
Reload this Page >

ARKANSAS THREE MOUNTAIN TOUR, 28 Sept '08

BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

ARKANSAS THREE MOUNTAIN TOUR, 28 Sept '08

Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 PM

Recieved 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If we're starting after noon, I am curious how long (miles) you think the drive will be?
Old 08-09-2008, 05:08 AM

Recieved 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Youngturk, The three mountains are fairly close together and are strung along the south rim of the Arkansas River Valley. Mount Nebo is the middle mountain. From Mount Nebo: Mount Petit Jean is 45 miles away in a southeast direction, and Mount Magazine is 36 miles away (from Nebo) in a westerly direction. Roadway mileage will be more than the straight line distances given above. We have not yet selected the exact tour routing. Tour routing will be determined by our 7th of September pre-drive.
This should be a very scenic tour with lots of twisting roads and great photo ops at overlooks from mountain tops. On clear days one can view Mounts Petit Jean and Magazine from Mount Nebo. From all three mountains, one can view the Arkansas River and one or another of its lakes.
This is one Honda S2000 and Acura NXS tour you won't want to miss!

jmoore2k
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2000
Old 08-09-2008, 09:41 AM

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't speak for the other mountains yet, but I vacationed in Petit Jean last year and it was amazing! Tons of places to take photos! I can't wait to go up there in the S instead of the Civic!
Old 08-09-2008, 10:17 AM

Reservation Information:
Mount Magazine has 60 guest rooms at its lodge and 13 fully equipped cabins including one-, two- and three-bedroom designs featuring covered decks with hot tubs, private bathroom for each bedroom and high-speed internet access (Lodge/Cabin Reservations: 1-877-665-6343).
Mount Petit Jean has 24 guest rooms (6 doubles and 18 singles) in its Mather Lodge. Cabins: 21 fully equipped housekeeping cabins, 9 rustic, 5 duplex (10 units) and 2 honeymoon cabins with hot tubs. All cabins include all-electric kitchens with cooking utensils and tableware. Linens are provided and cabins are heated and air-conditioned for year-round comfort. Some cabins sleep up to 6 persons (Lodge/Cabin Reservations: (501) 727-5431 or 1-800-264-2462).
Mount Nebo has 10 rustic and five modern A-frame housekeeping cabins located at scenic points around the mountain. The cabins have all-electric kitchens, spacious rooms, linens, kitchen utensils, and are heated and air-conditioned (Cabin Reservations: 1-800-264-2458).

jmoore2k
Old 08-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Recieved 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Jerome asked me to post this link to the Arkansas Department of Parks & Tourism.

In no particular order, here are some hotels around the Ozark, Russellville, and Morrilton areas:

Days Inn - Ozark
Days Inn - Clarksville
Oxford Inn
Comfort Inn - Clarksville
Holiday Inn - Russellville
Days Inn - Morrilton
Cedar Falls Motel
Old 08-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Administrator

This tour will start at Mather Lodge Restaurant. Registration will open at 10:30 AM and end at 10:55 AM. We'll have lunch at the restaurant from 11AM to 11:45AM and begin the tour shortly thereafter.

Please arrive with a full tank and have your two-way radios preset to channel 4, sideband 0.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:02 AM

Hello All, On our 14 Sept Three Mountain Tour, we will have lunch at the Mather Lodge Restaurant atop Mt. Petit Jean (good food!), and supper at the Wiederkehr Village Restaurant (great food!) atop Mt. St. Mary (near Altus, AR). I sure hope you all can make this (slower than BMT) scenic tour. The tour is about 125 mile long. Registration starts at 10:30 am at the Mather Lodge and supper should end between 6:00 to 6:30 PM. We have planned four en route photo op stops at scenic mountain overlooks and two other en route stops for restroom breaks. I am recommending that tour participants arrive atop Mt. Petit Jean about 45 minutes before the 10:30 am Tour Registration period so as to have time to visit Petit Jean's (grave) Overlook and the Cedar Falls Overlook (requires 10-min easy walk down to overlook of the waterfall from parking lot.). Both of those scenic overlooks are worth seeing, but are not included in our tour.

jmoore2k
NW Arkansas
Old 08-19-2008, 05:39 PM

Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post

Jerome where are you meeting at in AR for this trip? I'm hoping to join in since I won't be able to make the Fall BMT
Old 08-20-2008, 05:14 AM

Whitenoise, The meet place is the start place atop of Mt. Petit Jean (sw of Morrilton, AR). I will be passing through the intersection of I-40 & Hwy 7 to get there. If anyone wants to meet me at the Exxon Station (southeast quadrant) of that intersection, we can setup a meet time.

Jerome
NW Arkansas
Old 08-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Administrator

[QUOTE=jmoore2k,Aug 18 2008, 11:02 AM]I am recommending that tour participants arrive atop Mt. Petit Jean about 45 minutes before the 10:30 am Tour Registration period so as to have time to visit Petit Jean's (grave) Overlook and the Cedar Falls Overlook (requires 10-min easy walk down to overlook of the waterfall from parking lot.).

Quick Reply: ARKANSAS THREE MOUNTAIN TOUR, 28 Sept '08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands