BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

BMT Fall 2011 11/5/11

Old 11-06-2011, 06:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks so much to Andy and all involved in organizing this. It might have been the best one yet! With the amazing roads and the leaves changing colors, it was simply an amazing day.

I took almost 400 photos, most of which were out the sunroof, so I'll try to skim that down to 40 or 50 & get them posted soon.

Here's a teaser, although this was with my iPhone.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:03 AM

I just re-ran 23 down the Pig Trail, 215, & 103 down to Clarksville "on my way" back to Alma to pick up my wife and munchkin. I hope heaven resembles those roads.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man we had a blast! being newcomers to the BMT, we had absolutely no idea what to expect! sooo great to have met and enjoyed a beautiful drive with so many nice people! i'll DEFINITELY be back in the spring but my girlfriend swears up and down that she won't be. hahaha she was petrified the whole time. kinda dipped off to see some friends of ours in fayetteville and drove back this morning at 4. noooo traffic ftw!

but i was mostly so impressed by how organized the event was. just AWESOME!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, another GREAT trip!! The leaves were just right, and roads were really clean, Lots of cool people, and everyone returned safe! I'm Hooked! Count me in on each and every one of these BMT's!

I met a lot of great new people and saw lots from the spring run, and actually remember more names this time!!

KUDOS and many THANKS to Andy, Julie, Dave, Dave, Janet and Jerome (and others I'm still trying to remember the names of!) for putting together another GREAT event!

How many days until the Spring '12 event?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:35 PM

This was our first BMT event and we were just blown away by how well the event was ran. Props to Andy and all those that were involved in putting this great event together. We'll definitely be back for another tour. Thnx for letting us tag along. Great routes with awesome peeps.

-Tom
Old 11-06-2011, 06:08 PM

REMINDERS:

1. Tell your +1 thanks again. Plus ones are awesome! They obviously have nerves of steel to ride with you.

2. Some of you need to remember to use your inside voices before the next BMT.

3. What happens in Eureka Springs ....... stays in Eureka Springs.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another successful and safe BMT. Great job on the routes and the different stop places; really enjoyed the drive and scenery. My hat is off to zbillster (above photos) and to this year's staff and organizers.
Will be putting my S up for the winter and will look forward to the Spring BMT.

Thanks again Ch0pper.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Janet&Travis
REMINDERS:

1. Tell your +1 thanks again. Plus ones are awesome! They obviously have nerves of steel to ride with you.

2. Some of you need to remember to use your inside voices before the next BMT.

3. What happens in Eureka Springs ....... stays in Eureka Springs.
#2 makes me laugh and want to know the back story.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to Andy and everyone else involved for hosting this tour. Everything was organized and safety was stressed. We enjoyed the experience, thank you for allowing us to participate. Got 30.16 mpg on return trip home. All that fun and good gas mileage

'05 Rio Yellow Pearl
hardtop
Old 11-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by zbillster
This event was sooooo good the earth moved ... wait, that was the earthquake. (Luckily this happened AFTER the drive.)

Originally Posted by trentor
I just re-ran 23 down the Pig Trail, 215, & 103 down to Clarksville "on my way" back to Alma to pick up my wife and munchkin. I hope heaven resembles those roads.

Some pix off my phone:

Quick Reply: BMT Fall 2011 11/5/11