BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

BMT Fall 2011 11/5/11

Old 11-10-2011, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPURS2K
Check out the pics I took here. http://photobucket.com/bmtfall2011
wow! great pics! and those actually make my car not look FILTHY! hahahaha!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I tried to get the pictures to the Gallery, but something went wrong...hehe... So here is a link to my Flickr set..

CLICKY
Old 11-12-2011, 04:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hoping that i can make it to the next one. Looked like it was great fun again!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:28 AM

I did up a Google Map of the route we took.

Clicky Thing
Attached Thumbnails BMT Fall 2011 11/5/11-bmt-fall_2011_route.jpg  
Old 11-13-2011, 03:25 PM

Here is a link to the OK S2ki page that has links to a few of my pics. Trying to upload a slideshow as well... but it is taking a little while.
Great times - as always, cannot wait till spring!

OK S2k Linky
Old 11-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by DragonDidg
I made it back to New Orleans safely and clocked 1670 miles total. Freakin’ well worth it. I had an amazing experience on BMT. Kudos to Andy and his team for putting on a fantastic well organized event.
The Fall colors were an excellent back drop to the technical twistys and the high speed sweepers. Thanks to David J. for leading and Bill for sweeping our group. The optional late night driving tour of Eureka Springs was appreciated. LOL. Ending up at the Rowdy Beaver culminated a fantastic day.
Sunday I drove back Hwy 7 to Hot Springs and did the tourist thing. Monday continued back home. Top down all the way.
Definitely coming back next Fall and will encourage the Gulf Coast folks to join me.
Drove over to New Orleans today and meet up with Mike. Got the shirt from the BMT event and told me the hell of the job you guys do on this event. Looks like another road trip is in my near future to check this one out also. Great roads, great people and the S2000 you can't go wrong. Hope to see you real soon. Later David
Old 11-13-2011, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by SPURS2K
Had an awesome time today with my S2k family. You guys and gals are good people! I just made it home to Conway safely, but I am very exhausted. I'll get my pics posted up soon!

Thanks to Andy and everybody else who made this day happen!
James was great to have you back! Thanks!

Originally Posted by jmoore2k
WOW, what a great BMT event! I got home about 9:30 PM last night happy, but
too tired to get on internet. My bed never felt soooo good and I only awaked
when the 7:30 AM alarm went off.
My thanks to Andy and all the BMT workers that put on such an excellent event.
To know that BMT events are in good hands is an understatement. It was super
to revisit with BMT vets and meet the welcome newcomers. I hope all had as
stimulating a drive and enjoyed the beautiful fall colors as much as James and
I did.

Jerome
NW Arkansas
Black Stealth S2K
Jerome, I thank you and Julie for what I know about the BMT!
Your right, the BMT is definitely in good hands, we must not disappoint!

Originally Posted by pmptx
Glad to hear the event was a rousing success-as usual.

Andy,
Very sad to have missed this one, but hope to be there in the spring.

Glad to have heard only good things, which means no offs or incidents.
Peter we missed ya !

Originally Posted by javajohn
That was so much fun! Andy and Julie you wrote the book on hosting fun drives. The BMT is the best drivers event ever. I met the nicest people and could not have had a better time. Thanks soo much! I hope everyone has a safe trip home. I was very tired by the time I got home, but what a day.
Thanks John! Enjoyed it as always !

Originally Posted by trentor
Thanks so much to Andy and all involved in organizing this. It might have been the best one yet! With the amazing roads and the leaves changing colors, it was simply an amazing day.

I took almost 400 photos, most of which were out the sunroof, so I'll try to skim that down to 40 or 50 & get them posted soon.

Here's a teaser, although this was with my iPhone.

I just re-ran 23 down the Pig Trail, 215, & 103 down to Clarksville "on my way" back to Alma to pick up my wife and munchkin. I hope heaven resembles those roads.
Thanks Trent! I agree and hope the same thing! The 23/215/103 combo of roads is heavenly!

Originally Posted by DownEast
Wow, another GREAT trip!! The leaves were just right, and roads were really clean, Lots of cool people, and everyone returned safe! I'm Hooked! Count me in on each and every one of these BMT's!

I met a lot of great new people and saw lots from the spring run, and actually remember more names this time!!

KUDOS and many THANKS to Andy, Julie, Dave, Dave, Janet and Jerome (and others I'm still trying to remember the names of!) for putting together another GREAT event!

How many days until the Spring '12 event?
Haha, Thanks Dave, glad to have you back and look forward to future BMT's!

Originally Posted by 1qwklex
This was our first BMT event and we were just blown away by how well the event was ran. Props to Andy and all those that were involved in putting this great event together. We'll definitely be back for another tour. Thnx for letting us tag along. Great routes with awesome peeps.

-Tom
Tom, thanks for the Kudos! We enjoyed having you and your wife! That is 1qwklex you have !

Originally Posted by Janet&Travis
REMINDERS:

1. Tell your +1 thanks again. Plus ones are awesome! They obviously have nerves of steel to ride with you.

2. Some of you need to remember to use your inside voices before the next BMT.

3. What happens in Eureka Springs ....... stays in Eureka Springs.
Janet... ah, good times as always! I think someone spiked my koolaid ... or was that me

Originally Posted by EagleDon
Another successful and safe BMT. Great job on the routes and the different stop places; really enjoyed the drive and scenery. My hat is off to zbillster (above photos) and to this year's staff and organizers.
Will be putting my S up for the winter and will look forward to the Spring BMT.

Thanks again Ch0pper.
Thanks Don! Hope to see you again in the Spring!

Originally Posted by 05goldenrod
Thanks to Andy and everyone else involved for hosting this tour. Everything was organized and safety was stressed. We enjoyed the experience, thank you for allowing us to participate. Got 30.16 mpg on return trip home. All that fun and good gas mileage

'05 Rio Yellow Pearl
hardtop
Thanks Phil! Was great to have you and Rhonda join us and look forward to future events with us!

Originally Posted by DragonDidg
I made it back to New Orleans safely and clocked 1670 miles total. Freakin’ well worth it. I had an amazing experience on BMT. Kudos to Andy and his team for putting on a fantastic well organized event.
The Fall colors were an excellent back drop to the technical twistys and the high speed sweepers. Thanks to David J. for leading and Bill for sweeping our group. The optional late night driving tour of Eureka Springs was appreciated. LOL. Ending up at the Rowdy Beaver culminated a fantastic day.
Sunday I drove back Hwy 7 to Hot Springs and did the tourist thing. Monday continued back home. Top down all the way.
Definitely coming back next Fall and will encourage the Gulf Coast folks to join me.
Mike, you made the farthest Drive! Really glad to hear your positive comments on the BMT. We were happy to have you representing the NOLA chapter! Be sure to tell your commmunity that how well worth the trip it is! Hope to see you and more of your crew at future BMT's!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:27 PM

I would like to extend a thank you to all BMT participants!!! Without you all these events would be meaningless. I love hearing everyone's stories!
We had another successful and beautiful S2000 Fall Boston Mountains Tour!

A special thanks to my BMT staff and Tour Guides: JulieU (Julie), Jmoore2k (Jerome), MiniCh0pper (Kegan), Oheim (David O.), Davidjs2k (David J.), Dirtybird (Mike), Zbillster (Bill), Janet&Travis (Janet), Mpetus (Matt) and Ms Goesfast (Becky)!

We were lucky to have such beautiful weather on 11-5-11!

Now for the Stats:

NO incidents!!! !!! This makes two BMT's without any mishaps!

5 states represented : Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri

34 registered Vehicles:
25 Honda S2000's
1 Lotus Elise
1 Acura NSX
1 Honda Civic Si
1 Mazda RX-8
1 Mazda RX-7
1 Lexus IS300
1 Infinity G35 6MT
1 Subaru WRX
1 BMW 545

51 BMT Participants (Driver's + Passengers)

Thanks again to Everyone, I enjoyed talking and enjoying the weekend with all of you!
I look forward to seeing all of you again in the Spring!

Sincerely Your Tourmaster,
- Andy Klenk
Old 11-15-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore2k
James, great pics! Thanks....please post your vid of Pig Trail.

I have no idea how to post it here so I'll try to post it on our facebook page.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:32 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

James, Thanks for the video clip

Jerome