Notices
BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

BMT Fall 2011 11/5/11

Old 09-27-2011, 06:31 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Put me down as a fo sho!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2011, 06:41 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BTW Andy, I'll be more than willing to help any way I can!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:12 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Ch0pper (Andy) Sounds like a great ride and wonderful camaraderie. Thinking of coming up from New Orleans. Can you provide an overview of the route? Saw some photos in the Spring thread that showed a water tower in Jay, OK? Will try to drum up some interest on the Gulf Coast by posting the BMT in New Orleans S2KI thread.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:01 AM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

DragonDidg, We look forward to a group from New Orleans area attending the Arkansas Fall Boston Mountains Tour!
The routing of the BMT events changes for each event, and the actual routing for each BMT is only revealed during
the driver's meeting just before that BMT starts. Each driver is given written turn-by-turn instructions that
also include road conditions, emergency telephone numbers, and safety suggestions. All previous BMT events have
been routed in only NW Arkansas (most mileage in the Ozark Boston Mountain Range) where traffic is light and the
scenery beautiful. All BMTs are in early spring and late fall when the weather is cool or cold and most motorcyles are absent.
The BMT 40 or so sport cars are assigned to one of three or four groups depending on individual
driver experience and their driver comfort level. Each of the groups is led by a very experienced driver (most have
attended a high-speed school and have race track experience). Each group is followed by a sweep car that will stop and
assist any driver that has need to drop out of the group. Lead and Sweep Cars have communication via 2-way radio and
cell phone. It is recommend that all participants bring a fully charged FRS 2-way radio as each Group Leader announces
over the radio turn, start/stop, and road condition instructions to the members of his/her group. At the AM and PM starts,
each of the groups leave with a 15-minute break between each group. Participants have the opportunity to change to a
faster or slower group before the first group leaves in the AM or during the lunch break. A pit stop (restroom break)
is scheduled around mid-morning and mid-afternoon as well as a group photo op. stop.
There is no charge to register for the BMT event, but each driver & passenger is responsible their own lunch and supper
costs.
Please plan on arriving prior to the 8:00 AM start time to allow time for registration. Each driver will be required to
show proof of valid driver license and current vehicle insurance at registration. All participants (drivers & passengers)
must sign a Waiver of Liability Document and have an opportunity to voluntarily provide emergency names and numbers to the
BMT organizers. Be sure to arrive with your car in good condition with a full tank of gas.

jmoore2k
NW Arkansas
Old 09-28-2011, 10:24 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks for the timely response and detailed description. I really appreciate the discipline for the drives. Did the Dragon in April and September this year and had a ball. I need to clear my calendar and line up a +1.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's a definate I'll be there I got vacation time I've got to use by the end of the month besides what I hear its an awesome ride so yes bold me please (Jamie [me] and donna [wife])
Old 09-28-2011, 05:00 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please BOLD javajohn from Misssouri. Thanks!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:59 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Add Martini Marcus from OK.

Will confirm soon - just need to make sure that I am in the country at that weekend.
It's good to be back in the saddle!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:38 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by DragonDidg View Post
Ch0pper (Andy) Sounds like a great ride and wonderful camaraderie. Thinking of coming up from New Orleans. Can you provide an overview of the route? Saw some photos in the Spring thread that showed a water tower in Jay, OK? Will try to drum up some interest on the Gulf Coast by posting the BMT in New Orleans S2KI thread.
Hi DragonDidg,
The BMT is a really fun event. It is a pretty intense driving experience. Most that have attended a BMT would tell you if you have the time, join us!
Jmoore2k (Jerome) pretty much summed up the event. He and JulieU started this event 4 years ago and I took over leadership of it Spring 2010.
This will be the 10th BMT event and the turn out continues to grow. We end up with all kinds of sports cars (Porsche's, Miata's, BMW's, Viper, Corvette).
We would be glad to have you and any of the NOLA / Gulf Coast crew that would like to attend!

Oh and the Look-out tower is in the Jasper, AR overlooking the "grand canyon of the Boston Mountains"
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Andy
Old 09-30-2011, 03:44 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

John, Marcus, Mason, and Janet I added you guys/gal !

Quick Reply: BMT Fall 2011 11/5/11

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands