BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

BMT Fall 2013 11/9/13 HARRISON, AR

Old 11-23-2013, 08:20 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

DragonDidg, From the low passenger side location of your video camera, I suspect that instead of using a suction cup on the front bumper, you removed the front tow hook receptacle cover and installed a threaded bolt mount for your video camera. With a secure mount one does not have to worry about a suction cup or a clamp coming off and losing the camera. What brand and model video camera did you use and is it wirelessly controlled from inside the car via a remote control? If true, can you also provide me with the make, model and source for both the mount and video camera? By mounting the video camera so low to the pavement, the resulting videos give a realistic representation of the true speed of the car. Also, are you using a water resistant cover for your video camera except for the lens? So far, all the video cameras I have used inside my S2000 cabin make 80mph look like 50mph.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore2k
DragonDidg, From the low passenger side location of your video camera, I suspect that instead of using a suction cup on the front bumper, you removed the front tow hook receptacle cover and installed a threaded bolt mount for your video camera. With a secure mount one does not have to worry about a suction cup or a clamp coming off and losing the camera. What brand and model video camera did you use and is it wirelessly controlled from inside the car via a remote control? If true, can you also provide me with the make, model and source for both the mount and video camera? By mounting the video camera so low to the pavement, the resulting videos give a realistic representation of the true speed of the car. Also, are you using a water resistant cover for your video camera except for the lens? So far, all the video cameras I have used inside my S2000 cabin make 80mph look like 50mph.
jmoore2k:
I am using a gopro camera in the waterproof case mounted to a towhook mount. BamaDave was making them and using the stick-on gopro attachment to mount camera. I have a remote microphone in the cabin using a 10 ft extension cord. I feed the cord through grill and lay in the bonnet/fender groove. I run the cord through door seal at dash level (softer seals). I do not have remote control. I bought the mic and cord from B&H electronic supply.
You can see the camera in this photo:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...22559079_o.jpg
I am trying to finish some new videos that captured our trip through the twistys both ways.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:11 PM

Another video: Late Morning Run. Kind of interesting because we took some wrong turns; but, we all voted to do the Twistys Twice!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wM5ZhoNIKE

I am working on the last video which captures the "Twistys" and another S2000 group fly by.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:35 PM

DragonDidg, I clicked on the youtube link you provided above but only got the message that the video is private. How can I access it?
Old 11-23-2013, 08:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

DragonDidg, I clicked on the youtube link you provided above but only got the message that the video is private. How can I access it?
Jerome, if you click on his user id, it will take you to his Youtube home page. You can watch it from there. It worked for me.

John
Old 11-24-2013, 02:45 AM

Thanks, I fixed the link by making it Public. I think I'm getting the hang of this video stuff. I was surprised on how many hours it takes just to process one video.
Youngturk, thanks for advice on accessing video.
Enjoy!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DragonDidg
Originally Posted by jmoore2k' timestamp='1385271325' post='22891983
Thanks, I fixed the link by making it Public. I think I'm getting the hang of this video stuff. I was surprised on how many hours it takes just to process one video.
Youngturk, thanks for advice on accessing video.
Enjoy!
As of 7AM, it is still a private video through your link above. If I go to one of your other video links, then click on your youtube ID it does take me to your page and give me access to the latest video.

Scott
Old 11-24-2013, 07:41 AM

Okay, I think I have it public now. Apparently you have to "Save" your changes!
At least I know someone is trying to watch the videos!
Old 11-24-2013, 07:53 AM

Okay, this is the video that I am really excited to post because it shows the "Twistys". We did it twice and I am not sure that was an accident. Andy claimed to have missed a turn. No one was disappointed.

7:50 - S2000 flyby of another group. Note the "Gulf" Miata and exhaust.
10:24 - Turn around and do it again.
10:59 - Yes, that is an Aston Martin (wicked exhaust)
17:10 - Second run through the "Twistys".
23:32 - "Supercalifragilistic", "Do Again"

Enjoy the video. Thanks again to Andy for leading and the tailgunner for directional suggestions to Andy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMedZESbL7Y
Old 11-25-2013, 06:27 AM

DragonDidg, Again, two more excellent videos of the Fall BMT'13. Thank you! Winter weather has arrive here in NW Arkansas. Rain/Ice here now with snow expected. I am just waiting for the next BMT event. Six months is sooo long.

Quick Reply: BMT Fall 2013 11/9/13 HARRISON, AR