BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

BMT Spring 2011 4/2/11

Old 03-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Less than a week away!

Please take a moment to check your fluids, tire pressures and tread depth! Won't hurt to check your spare tire too, if you have one. Also, please check to make sure your drivers license and insurance are current. Arrive at the morning meeting location with a full fuel tank.

Everyone is strongly encouraged to bring a two-way radio. If you don't have one, you'll wish you did, so we recommend you get one or borrow one. A few other things to consider bringing: basic tools - just in case (socket set, pliers, wrenches), Fix-a-Flat, tire gauge, spare fuses, basic first aid kit, cash, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, cameras.

Lastly, please take a few minutes to read this article: Tips for a successful group drive (except replace "headlights" with "running/parking lights").

See you all soon!
Old 03-27-2011, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The weather looks great. I can hardly wait!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After recently recovering from total knee replacements and some spinal issues, I've jumped the gun by committing to BTM11. I don't believe I'm going to be able spend these extended days in the car without being in much pain. Sorry, but it's the right choice for me to bail now and attend in the fall instead. Please take me off the list
Old 03-27-2011, 09:33 PM

Looks like im driving up friday night after work, getting there around 3am or so. Get a tad bit of sleep then enjoy the days drive.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Graham and Mike, Hope to see you guys in the fall. We'll miss ya this time around!
Richard... I just don't know what to do with your "other Chopper" self. I'll fly the onesie for ya!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:01 PM

List Updated!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:21 AM

Andy, can you add Donnie (yellow ZO6) and +1 John from TX please.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by 8BALL
After recently recovering from total knee replacements and some spinal issues, I've jumped the gun by committing to BTM11. I don't believe I'm going to be able spend these extended days in the car without being in much pain. Sorry, but it's the right choice for me to bail now and attend in the fall instead. Please take me off the list
Sorry to hear that Mike.... but take care of your body first and foremost. I hope to see you in the fall!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by SimonRL
Andy, can you add Donnie (yellow ZO6) and +1 John from TX please.
Sweet!! I was hoping Donnie and John would be coming !!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 PM

******************************Added to initial post****************************************

Food:
LUNCH: Lunch and mid-tour re-fueling Added 03/28/11
Our lunch stop will be very similar to last Spring. We'll have a buffet set up at The Arkansas House in Jasper, AR . The buffet will consist of salmon, chicken, brisket, salad, potatoes, drinks and dessert.

** The price per person for our private buffet will be $16.35 which includes meal, drink, tax and gratuity. Meals must be paid for in the Cafe (cash or credit card) and a token must be presented to receive a plate at the serving line.
DINNER:
Our Dinner Stop/ Tour Ending Location this Spring will be At Forest HIll Steakhouse in Eureka Springs, AR. I have a private room reserved for our group.
We will have a menu service and people can order what they choose. We ate there on the Pre-Drive and it was very good!

Quick Reply: BMT Spring 2011 4/2/11