BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

BMT Spring 2013 4/6/13

Old 03-21-2013, 09:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unless there is a massive change in the weather in the next few hours, I'm out. There is ice/snow up there today and tonight, 50% chance of ice/rain tomorrow, and 70% chance of rain Saturday. Even if it miraculously clears up on Saturday, the roads will be covered in sand/salt/whatever the trucks dump on roads in the winter.

Unfortunately if it's moved to April 6, I'm still out. That weekend is a no-go for me.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-21-2013, 11:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet they'll sell you all season tires.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 AM

I've heard of these phablets, but, man, that's a huge screenshot.

not looking good for the weekend....except maybe for the WRX driver or two that were planning on coming...

...and, unfortunately....count me out for this weekend for the same reasons as trentor...and the reschedule on April 6...grandma turns 80 that day...big bday party planned for months.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:48 PM

Unfortunately we are going to be forced to postpone this BMT due to the weather. We have rescheduled the drive for April 6. If you have made hotel reservations don't forget to call and reschedule. Look forward to seeing everyone in 2 weeks!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oheim
Unfortunately we are going to be forced to postpone this BMT due to the weather. We have rescheduled the drive for April 6. If you have made hotel reservations don't forget to call and reschedule. Look forward to seeing everyone in 2 weeks!
I think it is a wise, but I'm sure difficult decision. Unfortunately, I can't commit to April 6th, as there are other things going on for me. If I am able to make it, my decision will have to be last minute.

Thanks for putting this thing together, and if I don't attend this BMT, I hope to attend Fall BMT 2013.

Scott
Old 03-21-2013, 03:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is painful. I haven't missed one of these in several years. I'm going to have to find some events to keep me occupied until the fall BMT.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

************ALERT************* Spring 2013 BMT will be rescheduled to Saturday April 6 . If you made Hotel reservations for March 22/23 please call so that they can change your reservations to April 5/6, I have verified with the Holiday Inn and they are aware and able to change the dates for us. Thanks in advance

Sorry guys, this is the second time ever in BMT history we've had to use the rain out date. Trust me though it's for the best. Jerome, called me this afternoon and it was snowing at his home which is only about 30 mins south of Harrison, AR. They are likely going to re-salt/sand the roads, and you all do not want to drive on that, i assure you, we've had to do it to our own cars on this pre-drive and a few others.

PS in 24 Hours I am closing this thread and opening a new one for the April 6 BMT to keep the confusion down. I will remove the names of the people who have already said they cannot make the April 6 Event. I will post a link to the new thread. If your plans end up changing, please post up because we would love to have you!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:10 PM

Unfortunately you'll have to count me out. Hopefully I can make it another time, for now I'm gonna hit the roads with Tom this weekend since I already got the time off and don't want to waste it.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 PM

BMT 13

Actually I have found 13 to be a lucky number.

I predict some great weather and exceptionally fun times on the 6th of April.

No Spring Break traffic
Dogwoods in bloom
Warmer weather
No scheduled Harley events on the new date
UFO convention not this weekend

Quick Reply: BMT Spring 2013 4/6/13