BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

Fall 2009 AR Boston Mountains Tour (BMT09) 11/7

Old 08-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Fall 2009 AR Boston Mountains Tour (BMT09) 11/7

Pix are up! https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=744105

Please note the change in our starting location. The BMT will start at the Best Western Eureka Inn, NOT at the Comfort Inn or the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks.

Please check this thread frequently for updates.

Planning is well underway for the sixth semi-annual all-day S2000 tour through the Arkansas Boston Mountains. Weather permitting, this will begin on Saturday, November 7th at the Best Western Eureka Inn in Eureka Springs. After an exhausting, but fun day of driving, we'll finish up in Ozark, AR at Rivertowne BBQ. The date is firm so mark your calendars for November 7th and stay tuned for many more details! In the mean time, check out these videos from previous BMTs: Fall BMT08 and Fall BMT07.

At the beginning of the tour, each driver will be given a detailed morning and afternoon route which includes a stop for lunch in between. The route will be selected to travel over some of Arkansas' best S roads! In the event that the chances of rain exceed 50% for our scheduled date, the Fall BMT09 will be postponed until the scheduled rain date which is the following Saturday, November 14th.

We'd like to get an idea of how many of you plan on attending so we can make reservations for lunch and dinner. So, please post your thoughts/interest here! This tour is limited to 50 cars.

Lunch and mid-tour re-fueling
Added 9/3/09, edited 11/5/09
FYI, our lunch stop will be very similar to last Spring. We'll have a buffet set up at The Arkansas House in Jasper (history). The buffet will consist of salmon, chicken, brisket, salad, potatoes, drinks and dessert. I'll have the buffet price up whenever it becomes available. In order to serve our group better and faster, please note the following:
1. The price per person for our private buffet will be $16.35 which includes meal, drink, tax and gratuity. Meals must be paid for in the Cafe (cash or credit card) and a token must be presented to receive a plate at the serving line.
2. We will have two serving lines, one in the Cafe and one in the Great Room. The cafe has tables for 4-6, the Great Room has tables for 6-8. They suggest the tables outside on the Boardwalk be used for the comfort of the smokers.
3. Restrooms are available in the Cafe and in the Great Room.

Parking is limited so in each driver packet, we will include a map of the town that sort of explains our designated parking and re-grouping areas. Like last Spring, the first group will re-fuel before lunch and the second (and third group, if there is one) will re-fuel after lunch.

Hotel Info:
For those who wish to drive in the night before, we do have a block of rooms set aside at the Comfort Inn for Friday, November 6th. Sorry, there's no special group discount this time, but there is a 10% discount available for those with memberships such as AAA, AARP and for government employees. The standard rates are $79 for two queen beds and $89 for one king bed. To reserve a room in our block, you must call 479-253-5241 and specify "BMT" by October 6th. After October 6th, any rooms in our block not claimed will be released back into general inventory.

Additional Hotel Info: Added 10/24/09, edited 10/26/09
For those who wish to drive in the night before, we will have a block of rooms set aside at the Best Western Eureka Inn for Friday, November 6th. Sorry, there's no special group discount this time, but there is a 10-15% discount available for those with memberships such as AAA, AARP and for government/military employees. The standard rate is $109.95 for two queen beds for two adults. To reserve a room in our block, you must call 479-253-9551 and specify "S2000 Boston Mountain Tour Group" by November 4th. After November 4th, any rooms in our block not claimed will be released back into general inventory.

On Saturday, November 7th, BMT09 registration/sign-in will take place in the Victorian meeting room inside the Best Western Eureka Inn. Registration will open at 7:45 a.m. Please arrive promptly and with a full tank.

List of Attendees by State:

Texas
trentor (Trent)
<-- tour guide
shaner2000 (Shane)
SimonRL+1 (Simon & Madeline)
o2cls+1 (Jordan & Kurt)
stickman+1 (Ronnie & Grace)
txchopper5 (Richard)
HLN A55 (Grayson)
<-- tour guide
trentor's friend (Robert)
trentor's friend+1 (Donnie & ?????)
alexdfw (Alex)
youngturk (John)
<-- volunteer
CentexZ+1 (Mark & Denise)
VA2K (Brian)
mic_crispy+1 (Tim & Yen)
prj3ctm4yh3m (Matt)
turbolane+1 (Lane & Rhonda)
jhtrevey (John)
D-Nigh (Drew)

DFWs2k (?????)
3vilmonkey! (Miles)
anubisabydos (Lance)
Robbie916 (Robbie)

Arkansas
jmoore2k (Jerome)
<-- tour guide
shotgunjimmy (James)
<-- tour guide
davidjs2k+1 (David & Jing Jing)
<-- tour guide
mr flannery77 (Mason)
Crashit (Gordon)
perfourmancejr (Cody)
whitenoise+1 (Keith & Shara)
<-- tour guide
Larry Springer (Larry)
Sillirabbit (Bee)

Oklahoma
JulieU (Julie)
<-- tour guide
JHGibbs (Jared)
Spiro55+1 (Rob & Chris)
Webfoot+1 (Walt & Wayne)
DirtyBird (Mike)
spets (Andrey)
Janet&Travis (Janet)
hariku821+1 (Garrett & Jeremy)

steve summers+1 (Steve & Laura)

Missouri
oheim+1 (Dave & Kegan)
<-- tour guide
adidas_man (Mike)
SmagsS2k+1 (Ray & Chris)
rblosser+1 (Bob & ?????)
oheim's dad+1 (Chuck & Kegan's dad)

Snizz2k+1 (Jake & Marissa)

Louisiana
Ch0pper (Andy)
<-- volunteer
Scheffsky (Dustin)

Tennessee
memmun1 (Matt)

Kansas
mr-ibanez+1 (Orval & Nancy)

Names listed above in bold are confirmed. Names not in bold print are unconfirmed.

Participant Guide Added 10/31/09
Please use this link to review and study the most up-to-date Participant Guide. <-- link

Tire Tread Depth Added 10/9/09
Each tire of every car will be inspected for sufficient tread. If your tread depth is less than 3/32", your car will be disqualified from participatiion.

Passing Added 10/10/09
Please view and study the Passing Rules, Method & Demonstration video.

Seeking Volunteers and Tour Guides Added 8/28/09, edited 8/31/09, 9/20/09, 10/17/09, 10/27/09 & 10/28/09
We could use some assistance with parking and sign-in/registration. In an effort to have smaller, more manageable groups, there's a possibility that we'll have three groups this fall, but in order to do so, we'll require at least two more tour guides. Also, Jerome and I have been contemplating making this our last BMT as organizers. We are looking to pass the torch for future BMTs on to some other responsible persons. If you're interested in guiding this or future BMTs, please plan on attending the upcoming pre-drive. We now have all the volunteer help we asked for.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a big 10-4! HEHE I am all in.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put me in the Shuffle Jules!!!
Yeaaaaah!!! Can't wait!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hope it rains!!!! then i can go.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:06 AM

Me +1
Old 08-27-2009, 08:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Julie, count me in!

Last spring was so much fun, I've been looking forward to the next one since I got home.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:20 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeehaw!!! Any room for a cowboy from central Texas? If so, then I'm ready to do some ridin' with ya.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:16 AM

trentor has been talking up this drive to me. if you've got room for the s2k's cousin, count me in.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shaner2000,Aug 27 2009, 12:16 PM
trentor has been talking up this drive to me. if you've got room for the s2k's cousin, count me in.
If you mean Miata, there are actually some Miata guys that come up for this.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:06 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ch0pper,Aug 27 2009, 11:04 AM
If you mean Miata, there are actually some Miata guys that come up for this.
Nope. He was referring to the Civic Si.

Quick Reply: Fall 2009 AR Boston Mountains Tour (BMT09) 11/7