BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

Fall 2010 Boston Mountains Tour 11/6

Old 11-08-2010, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see everyone had a great time. Sucks that I couldn't make it, but duty calls. I'll definitely be at the Spring '11 BMT. Can't wait.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Here are some of the pix I took. I didn't take very many.

These are from the hotel at the start of the tour:

At our morning pit stop at War Eagle Mill:

Sorry, that's all I got that was worth anything. 01YLWS2k snapped a bunch and I know at least a couple of us are anxious to see how his turned out. ArkRider's photos turned out nice! Thanks for the link spets!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=JulieU,Nov 8 2010, 06:59 AM]Just wanted to say thanks to Ch0pper for his efforts organizing this event and to the White group (especially 01YLWS2K and zbillster) for being such well behaved drivers.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My many thanks to everyone that put on this event. This was my first BMT event and will defiantly be a quite memorable experience. The planning and execution when near flawlessly (dinner being the only outlier) with some of the best driving I have come across in my S2000 yet. I couldn't have asked for a better time enjoying my favorite hobby: driving an S2000

I do have one more request, though. As I was a late comer and did not receive a full packet of information at the driver's meeting, would someone be kind enough to mail me/post the turn by turn directions? I want to take this route, or a similar one soon when I get some good rubber on the wheels and would like something to plan off of.

Again, great event. One I will look forward to twice every year from now on. Hopefully, I get the opportunity to graduate to the Blue Group next time.

EDIT: Julie was kind enough to get me the information. Thank you!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Jimmi, glad you made it

Originally Posted by EagleDon
BMT organizers, staff and all participants,

The hospitality from the BW Hotel, the mid-drive eats and comradeship from all who came to enjoy the beautiful weather and mountain scenery of Arkansas, made the drive a very exciting event. Even though my Cece could not attend (she would've "freaked" from all the mountain twistees), she would have enjoyed herself.

I thank you all for the organization and safe driving.

Well Done,
Cheers, EagleDon
Thanks Don! Also happy birthday to Cece, was hoping to tell her in person.

Originally Posted by Sillirabbit
Thank you to all the organizers. The drive was a blast. Awesome first time experience. Hope to see everyone and some more on the spring bmt haha. Add my facebook if you were in the blue group. Most likely your car is posted in my photo albums.

-Anthony Bee Sysavanh
Anthony, glad you enjoyed bro. Was great to have you guys!

Originally Posted by jmoore2k
Well, the fantastic Fall BMT'10 is now welcome memories for participants, organizers and volunteers. The weather was perfect and most of the route was nearly free of traffic.
I want to offer my many thanks to Andy, who now can be titled "BMT Tour Master," for his excellent work in putting on the Spring BMT'10, the 2010 Summer Fun Tour to Branson Landing, MO, and yesterday, the outstanding Fall BMT'10.
I apologize to the BMT participants that I did not get the chance to converse with yesterday. Andy reports that we had 50-people and 38-cars that ran the event in one of the three groups. It was great to see so many repeat BMTers and first time new folks. I trust that all of you had as great a time as I did. WOW! What a hoot!!
Post your vids and pics please.

Jerome
Jerome,
Your most welcome and thank you for the official title, haha! You and Julie taught me well, I could not do it without you guys (all involved for that matter).

Originally Posted by Ntenseone
I know we (myself and Skyla) had a GREAT time! Big thanks to Andy and all the organizers. Even though dinner plans were a little up in the air, (not your fault at all, Andy. We know you tried!) we had a blast on the drive, and would up having some fun last night regardless thanks to Janet...happy birthday again, btw!

Anyhow, we can't wait for the next event, and we are looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!
Thanks for understanding guys. Essentially with groups as large as ours was, we are at the mercy of smaller eating establishments such as Ermilio's . I do think it was worth the wait though, as I thought the food was fantastic!

Su2uka, Thanks for the pics!

James, thanks for the vids and doing a great job!

Originally Posted by mpetus
We had a blast and it was great to visit with old friends and make new ones. I know there were a couple of glitches and that can be expected especially with the turn-out we had.
'Great job' goes out to Andy! You have spent a lot of time planning and organizing this event and I just wanted to thank you once again for all of your hard work.

Becky is now hooked and is wanting to attend more events in the future. She asked me to extend her thanks and gratitude for the organization and general hospitality from everyone.
Matt and Becky, thank you for the kind words. I do the best I can Glad you guys are hooked!! Thanks again for your help!

Tim and Matt, glad you guys made it home safely!

Originally Posted by JulieU
Just wanted to say thanks to Ch0pper for his efforts organizing this event and to the White group (especially 01YLWS2K and zbillster) for being such well behaved drivers.
Like I said to Jerome, thank you guys for giving me the guidance to organize such events. I could not have done it without you guys!
Edit edit, edit,

Originally Posted by Spets
Here is the link to ArkRider's photos that he took of our groups:

http://arkrider.dotphoto.com/CPViewAlbum.asp?AID=6265396
Thanks for the Link Andrey!

Originally Posted by SimonRL
Thanks again to Andy, for organizing such a fantastic event. My Dad and I had a awesome weekend and he is already asking when the next BMT is. Not bad for a guy who frets if he gets less than 48mpg in his Prius. Wouldn't be surprised if he trades the Prius for something a bit punchier. And thanks to Donny, John, Peter, Trent, and Shane for a great time on the drive home. I can't wait until March!
Thank you and thanks for the help Simon! Glad you and your dad enjoyed it!

[QUOTE=pmptx]Simon, right there with you-Spring BMT can't come quick enough.

Andy, great job as always.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by zbillster,Nov 8 2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the kudos, Julie! I actually drove an edited version of the morning/afternoon routes today (the Monday after) ... at about 70% to 90% of the speed we did Saturday, of course.

I also discovered why one don't go on 123 south of Mt. Judea ... crickety!

AND I visited the Daisy Airgun Museum we passed ... worth a stop if you're in Rogers.
That's a really fun road, Bill! It was actually part of the P.M. route on the Spring BMT '10 . I also drove it on my way home from the pre-drive in October... soo much fun. Actually the entire route of HWY 123, all the way down to Hagarville is much fun!
We're glad you were able to join us. Hope to see you again in the Spring!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by JacZilla,Nov 8 2010, 10:54 PM
My many thanks to everyone that put on this event. This was my first BMT event and will defiantly be a quite memorable experience. The planning and execution when near flawlessly (dinner being the only outlier) with some of the best driving I have come across in my S2000 yet. I couldn't have asked for a better time enjoying my favorite hobby: driving an S2000

I do have one more request, though. As I was a late comer and did not receive a full packet of information at the driver's meeting, would someone be kind enough to mail me/post the turn by turn directions? I want to take this route, or a similar one soon when I get some good rubber on the wheels and would like something to plan off of.

Again, great event. One I will look forward to twice every year from now on. Hopefully, I get the opportunity to graduate to the Blue Group next time.

EDIT: Julie was kind enough to get me the information. Thank you!
We're glad you had such a good time. When it comes down to it, that's what we really love, enjoying our cars in a scenario that they were designed to tackle!

Thanks to Julie for getting you the route instructions. I've been busy trying to wind down from all the goings on from the event.

We look forward to having you at future events!

Also, I saw a GPW Ap1 heading North on Hwy 23 while I was out playing on Sunday (I was heading South just South of Pig Trail). Was it you by chance ?

Andy
Old 11-09-2010, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think everyone is in agreement about the superb job done by the whole BMT organizing crew.

Have all of you with a +1 remembered to thank them for their courage and patience and great company they gave you while providing them a long day of blazing curvy roads at speeds sometimes too difficult to focus on the fall splendor (and for not throwing up in your S).

As most of you know, I enjoy doing just a small portion of the BMT route these days. It just gets to be too long for me and I've gotten to where I enjoy exploring the area at a slower pace. And of course I especially enjoy after the day's drive the good food and friends that make up the other half of the BMT event.

It was a great evening to celebrate another one of my birthdays. I wish all of you had the energy to continue past the jello shots and joined a few of us as we visited The Squid and Whale. The band was great and the people were unique. But I totally understand, after a day of hard driving, it's tough. Yep, it's tough for all you young ones to keep up with the old lady of the group. I'm just saying ..........................

I almost forgot, thanks also to the group I drove with on the way home. I love that route. And thanks for making me feel terrible about being lazy and not ever checking my oil. Trav was probably in heaven cheering and clapping for you guys. I was the lawn mower in the family and I've gone through about 6 mowers because of oil and spark plug negligence. I did kind of have an excuse, I did have the oil changed about a month ago, I just forgot that I had put 4,500 hard driving miles on the car last month.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Janet&Travis,Nov 9 2010, 04:18 PM
I think everyone is in agreement about the superb job done by the whole BMT organizing crew.

Have all of you with a +1 remembered to thank them for their courage and patience and great company they gave you while providing them a long day of blazing curvy roads at speeds sometimes too difficult to focus on the fall splendor (and for not throwing up in your S).

As most of you know, I enjoy doing just a small portion of the BMT route these days. It just gets to be too long for me and I've gotten to where I enjoy exploring the area at a slower pace. And of course I especially enjoy after the day's drive the good food and friends that make up the other half of the BMT event.

It was a great evening to celebrate another one of my birthdays. I wish all of you had the energy to continue past the jello shots and joined a few of us as we visited The Squid and Whale. The band was great and the people were unique. But I totally understand, after a day of hard driving, it's tough. Yep, it's tough for all you young ones to keep up with the old lady of the group. I'm just saying ..........................

I almost forgot, thanks also to the group I drove with on the way home. I love that route. And thanks for making me feel terrible about being lazy and not ever checking my oil. Trav was probably in heaven cheering and clapping for you guys. I was the lawn mower in the family and I've gone through about 6 mowers because of oil and spark plug negligence. I did kind of have an excuse, I did have the oil changed about a month ago, I just forgot that I had put 4,500 hard driving miles on the car last month.

Janet, I was really glad that you came!
Also I wish would have had the energy to join you guys to celebrate a great friend's Birthday! So Happy Belated Birthday

I'm going to put a reminder in my calender to send you a txt each month that says: "Janet, Check Oil"
Old 11-09-2010, 05:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ch0pper,Nov 9 2010, 01:03 PM
That's a really fun road, Bill! It was actually part of the P.M. route on the Spring BMT '10 . I also drove it on my way home from the pre-drive in October... soo much fun. Actually the entire route of HWY 123, all the way down to Hagarville is much fun!
We're glad you were able to join us. Hope to see you again in the Spring!
Yeah, I can be a wuss! I think I would need to coat the sides of my car with KY Jelly on that part of 123 ... very narrow for an extremely twisty road!

Luckily I didn't encounter anyone coming the other way, but the "driver" in front of me was in a '70s era pickup with a hole in the muffler, and though I wasn't crowding him at all and taking it easy, he decided to show that no Japanese sports car was going to outdo HIM, so he was ALL over that road, right AND left lane ... I even stopped for a bit to let him get ahead ... but nope, caught up to him and his leaky exhaust again. Oh, the people you meet on the road.

My favorite part was 374 after the group photo ... I'm gonna nickname that the Princess Grace Memorial Highway ... felt like I was in Monaco!

Two incidents I did encounter on my Monday redo (besides finding all the patrol cars that had the day off Saturday) ... two times I came over a rise to find a parked car on the road and had to brake quickly ... one getting the mail out of their mailbox, the other (on 374 of all roads) with two wheels on the road, chatting with a neighbor out on the front lawn. (This was the house with the lime green [?] Mitsu with the huge wing parked in front of it.)

Quick Reply: Fall 2010 Boston Mountains Tour 11/6