BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

Spring 2009 AR Boston Mountains Tour (BMT09) 3/21!

Old 01-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Spring 2009 AR Boston Mountains Tour (BMT09) 3/21!

Once again, it's about time for the event you all have been anxiously waiting... the semi-annual Arkansas Boston Mountains Tour! Planning is underway for the fifth semi-annual all-day S2000 tour through the Arkansas Boston Mountains. Weather permitting, this will happen on Saturday, March 21st starting in Eureka Springs and finishing up in Wiederkehr Village. The complete route has not yet been selected, but the date is firm so mark your calendars for March 21st and stay tuned for many more details! In the mean time, check out this video from the last BMT: Video Link and another from the fall tour in 2007: Youtube link.

At the beginning of the tour, each driver will be given a detailed morning and afternoon route which includes a stop for lunch in between. The route will be selected to travel over some of Arkansas' best S roads! In the event that the chances of rain exceed 50% for our scheduled date of Saturday, March 21st, the Spring BMT09 will be postponed until the scheduled rain date which is the following Saturday, March 28th.

We'd like to get an idea of how many of you plan on attending so we can make reservations for lunch and dinner. So, please post your thoughts/interest here! Oh, and spread the werd!

Hotel Info: (added 2/26/09)
We have a block of rooms set aside at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks for Friday, March 20th (the night before the BMT). Our special group rates are $59.00 for a standard room with two queens beds and $69.00 for a standard room with one king bed. To reserve at the group rate, you must call 800-552-3785 and specify "BMT09" by March 13th.

On Saturday, March 21st, BMT09 registration/sign-in will take place in the Pine banquet room which is in the main building of the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks (the same building where you would go to check-in/out of the hotel; not the convention center we used previously). Registration will open at 8:15 a.m.

More hotel info: (added 3/9/09)
For those wanting to stay overnight (Saturday night after the tour) before heading back home, I have 10 rooms reserved at an inn in Ozark for the night of Saturday, March 21st (Ozark is near the ending point of the tour). They are all non-smoking rooms with two beds each for $60 + tax. I will leave them in my name for now and if you want one, all you'll have to do is check in under my name, but give them your payment info upon check-in/out. I just need to be sure that's enough rooms, so please let me know if you want one of them.
1. JulieU, 2. SimonRL, 3. SimonRL, 4. Gooster, 5. s2kVTAK, 6. Ch0pper... 4 rooms remaining!

List of Attendees by State:

Texas
mic_crispy+1 (Tim & Michael)
SimonRL+1 (Simon & Madeline)
o2cls (Jordan)
stickman (Ronnie)
Blake (o2cls' friend)
Clayton (stickman's friend)
txchopper5 (Richard)
trentor (Trent)
prj3ctm4yh3m (Matt)

downhil (Scott)
3vilmonkey! (Miles)

Oklahoma
JulieU (Julie)
Spiro55+1 (Rob & Chris)
s2kVTAK+1 (Lee & Kheni)
wantb2k2+1 (Bryan & Andy)
180tumbleweed+1 (Chris & Kammi)
TheSoundMan21+1 (Damon & Bryan)
DirtyBird+1 (Mike)
yoshua60+1 (Josh & Elissa)
Gooster+1 (Steve & Karla)
Janet&Travis (Janet)

Arkansas
jmoore2k+1 (Jerome & Vic)
shotgunjimmy (James)
racin_guy21+1 (Ryan & Joy)
SPURS2K+1 (James & Melissa)
davidjs2k+1 (David & Jing Jing)
WAGONLOVE+1 (Jake & Eric)

Missouri
oheim+1 (David & Kegan)
LordStanley (Patrick)
mpetus+1 (Matt & Amanda)

Su2uKa+1 (Graham & Inge)

Louisiana
Ch0pper (Andy)
globallyoff (Keith)

Kansas
aerotec100+1 (Paul & Veronica)

Indiana
DaveL (Dave)

Names listed above in bold are confirmed. Names not in bold print are unconfirmed.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's 1/2 as much fun as the Nov. '08 BMT, we can hardly wait!

Rob & Chris
Old 01-24-2009, 04:09 PM

you know im in for sure!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:20 AM

You know Ill be there! Ill have a passenger. Can't wait!
Old 01-25-2009, 02:50 PM

Julz, I didn't think I had to tell you I would be in!

I'll be there with a passanger (probably Melissa).
Old 01-25-2009, 10:24 PM

well, ill be dreaming as always that i somehow manage to get a saturday off so i can come! I have yet to go on one of these!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Has anyone had any success with watching the video from the last BMT? I've tried downloading it only to be told that QuickTime Movie Player does not understand the file. I've also tried streaming it with no success. If anyone can give me some guidance I would really appreciate it.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by youngturk' date='Jan 26 2009, 10:51 AM
Has anyone had any success with watching the video from the last BMT? I've tried downloading it only to be told that QuickTime Movie Player does not understand the file. I've also tried streaming it with no success. If anyone can give me some guidance I would really appreciate it.
no luck here either.. i think he should post it on a file sharing program such as rapidshare. Then you can d/l it and play it with whatever player you choose.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Woohoo... ready again!
Sign me up!

Quick Reply: Spring 2009 AR Boston Mountains Tour (BMT09) 3/21!