BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

Spring 2018 Boston Mountains Tour

Old 03-21-2018, 05:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mic_crispy
Whos all leaving from DFW?
Me and a few others are meeting in McKinney around 9am Friday morning. Are you in the North Texas S2ki FB group?
Old 03-21-2018, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by DFW_GPW
Me and a few others are meeting in McKinney around 9am Friday morning. Are you in the North Texas S2ki FB group?
I am now. But i wasnt going to leave until later in the day.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Andy, I hate to say this; but, I will not be making this BMT.
For two weeks I have seen a cadre of doctors and acupuncturist for intense pain. I get some relief but the pain comes screaming back.
Sitting and driving the car is pain free. However, the pain medicine puts me in "la la" land. Not the best combination for spirited driving.
I've been stretching, ice packing, drug taking, etc.
Enjoy the ride. Be safe.
Michael (DragonDidg)
Old 03-21-2018, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by mic_crispy
I am now. But i wasnt going to leave until later in the day.
If you reach out to a guy named "Huy" in that group, he's leaving around 11am and would probably enjoy having a car to drive with.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DFW_GPW
If you reach out to a guy named "Huy" in that group, he's leaving around 11am and would probably enjoy having a car to drive with.
I sent him a message with my cell.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:01 PM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

For those who have cancelled this tour but ordered apparel. Please let us know whether or not we are to sell your items or if you would like to have us ship them to you.

Thank you.

Last edited by BMT Staff; 03-22-2018 at 03:45 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:38 AM

Getting ready to load the car with all the BMT Wear. Hoping everyone travels safe and has a good trip to Russellville.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Old 03-26-2018, 03:50 AM

Well everybody, with another successful BMT in the books, we'd like to say thanks to you all!

Without your participation this whole event would not be what it is.

With that said, we want to thank not only our participants, but out Tour Guides and Sweep Cars as well. These folks volunteer themselves to take on the responsibilities associated with putting on a great event and we want to recognize their efforts in doing so.

Luckily on this tour we didn't have any major complications, only a couple of minor issues regarding brake caliper hardware on not only one, but two separate vehicles. (What are the odds?) We are very happy to report that these issues were caught before they caused any major problems or accidents. (Whew!)

It was such a beautiful day for a drive, with such nice weather and minimal interference from local traffic, it turned out to be a truly fantastic day!

We hope you all had fun on our 23rd BMT event and will return for number 24 in the fall.

Until then, happy motoring and keep the shiny side up!
Old 03-26-2018, 05:59 AM

Thanks for a great first tour everyone! Was awesome to meet so many new people; y'all were super welcoming. 10/10 would go again.

- AJ
Old 03-26-2018, 09:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you to the entire BMT staff and all participants for a great Spring BMT! I want to send out a special thanks to C.L. and his super-fast McLaren 650S whom I tried to keep in sight for about half of the BMT. I knew better than to try to take the curves as fast as the McLaren in my '02 (360 hp) s/c Honda S2000, but was really amazed at the disappearing act he accomplished each time the McLaren was floored. Pushing my little 2.0L engine toward 9,000 rpm, we could smell his exhaust (which had a pleasant odor). I suspected C.L. of using some racing fuel until he filled up with 93 octane gasoline at lunch. My passenger had one hell of an introduction to S2000 cars and 'spirited' BMT driving last Saturday. Of course he now wants to get a S2000!
Another wonderful BMT event in the bag, and my only complaint is waking up at 1:10 am Sunday morning with a cramp in my upper left leg and another in my right calf from clutching and flooring car. Amazing, after walking off the cramps, I was able to go quickly back to sleep. Every time I drive my S2000, I thank Honda for making them!!

Quick Reply: Spring 2018 Boston Mountains Tour