BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

What does BMT mean to you?

Old 11-06-2011, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does BMT mean to you?

Hello All, this is actually Becky (I know, I know... I still haven't taken time to get my own profile, but I will soon!)

I am in need of some help... I have a project (speech) for school and I chose BMT as my topic. All I need is a few questions answered! Thanks in advance!!!

1. What do you enjoy most about BMT?
2. What brought you to BMT for the very first time?
3. How many BMT meets have you been to?
4. Would you say you have made friends because of BMT? If so, how have they affected your life?
5. How far do you have to travel to make this event?
6. What do you do for a living?
7. On a scale of 1-5, how passionate are you about driving?

Thanks again guys!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll help.

1) The best parts of BMT to me (besides the driving it's self) are the breaks, especially the ones where the whole group is together. I like hearing the stories of the last 2-3 hours worth of driving that everyone got to experience. Even if they are the same stories, it's always fun to hear it from another perspective.

2) Julie and Skyler mentioned it to me at a TruForum meet. I made the decision to attend at 11PM the night before and slept in my car when I got there. It was one of the best choices I've made yet.

3) Two

4) Of course! Just this year I had the opportunity to learn a good amount from 5 or 6 people who I previously did not know. The effect wasn't instant, but I did realize after returning home that driving an S2000, or any car for that matter, wasn't all about the best and latest parts or who had the most horsepower. What I learned from these people is that the thrill of driving is what puts a smile on our face and we will forever be "car guys."

5) Two hours tops.

6) Entry-level Sales

7) 5+

Hope this helps!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pushing my car harder than i ever have before
wanting to hang out with more s2000 enthusiasts and meet some of the good folks i've spoken with on the forum for a few years now
just fall '11
4. Would you say you have made friends because of BMT? If so, how have they affected your life?
sure. i don't know yet, i guess making me feel more welcome in the community
3 hours or so
build boat docks
Old 11-07-2011, 06:04 AM

meeting new people, talking about the love for the S2000. and most importantly, to enjoy the S2000 the way it should be enjoyed, by driving it top down through twisty roads.

i always wanted to go, but the time schedule is terrible for me. it either falls on my gf birthday weekend or on my spring break when i visit my nieces and nephew. but the reason why i wanted to go is because how many other owners i would get to meet, to drive roads i have never driven before. the thrill and excitement of my screaming s2000 through the twist and turns.

2, again, i would love to go move but i just cant

yes and no, i would like to say that i have made connections online and friends through s2ki on the internet but going to the BMT just put faces to the screen names.

very very very very very very far. a whole 3 hours. lol

i am a full time student at uca and i am a cashier for a to go restaurant.

going by that scale? about 10^10000000000000000.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by marshman
pushing my car harder than i ever have before
whao!! come out to autox mason and you'll have alot of fun there too!!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

What is BMT and I may be able to answer? (Big Mans Tits)
Old 11-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

^

Originally Posted by mpetus
The twisties!

Jerome and I founded the event back in 2007, the first event being on St. Patrick's Day. We both knew how awesome the roads are in the area and wanted to put together a big group drive to share the experience with other S2000 owners and driving enthusiasts. That's basically how the BMT was born.

All ten of them!

OMG, yes! I've made SO many friends as a result of the BMTs and learned so much from them.

150+ miles

Insurance compliance (aftermarket warranties and GAP, not comp/collision or liability)

Old 11-07-2011, 02:03 PM

Hiya Becky,

I hope this helps. Will we see a draft of your speech when you are done? Good luck.

Simon

1. What do you enjoy most about BMT? Spending quality time with a extremely eclectic group of people and sharing a truly unique experience with them. There are plenty of drives and track days, but the BMT is a one-of-a-kind event. Every BMT I have been on - even the infamous one – has been a life altering day.
I was invited by a friend
six
I have made countless friends because of the BMT. My best friend watched me go off the mountain backward. Yesterday we blasted down country roads together with barely any separation between us. There's no one I trust driving with more.
10 hours.
I am a video Producer/Director
Old 11-07-2011, 09:05 PM

The family it creates. It's like going home for the holidays. You love to see everyone and of course there are always a few weird Uncles in the mix.

JulieU's involvement with helping to organize other great events like the MOM (Meet Of Midwest) and Talimena roadtrips, we knew the drive in March of 2007 would naturally be fun to attend.

I've attended 9. Trav & I missed one because we were driving the Dragon. Also due to some health issues one of the BMT's we met everybody in the morning at the drivers meeting and then took a slower paced route and met everybody at the dinner so we could hear some of their white knuckle stories. Also I no longer do the full drive but only the morning portion.

Yes, I've definitely made friends and interestingly enough I don't know half of their names. Sometimes I know their real names, sometimes I know their screen names and some I have just had to give nicknames to (i.e. asshole). But yes I consider them my friends. Affected my life.....hmmm I guess that would be they have opened my world to friendships of all ages. It's also been fun watching some of them change a little bit over the years. I also feel security and comfort knowing that when I travel through any of the surrounding states and if I needed some kind of help, anyone from this BMT family would be there to help me.

A direct route would be 175 miles, BUT an S2000 twistie route is maybe 250 miles.

I hate this question. I am currently in retirement? (I did part time work throughout my history but I take pride in being a full time Mom (he's 23 now))

Definitely a 5. It doesn't matter if it's my daily driver or the incredible 2002 NFR s2k. {always top down}
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 AM

WOW guys!!! These are all amazing replies!!! I'm even more excited about this project now!!!

There is definitely a family with BMT, it's the reason I'm (finally) on this forum!!

You are all truly amazing!!

Thank you, again!!!

Quick Reply: What does BMT mean to you?