BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

What does BMT mean to you?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Janet&Travis
6. What do you do for a living?

I hate this question. I am currently in retirement? (I did part time work throughout my history but I take pride in being a full time Mom (he's 23 now))
I love that you're a MOM!! It's the hardest job out there: and unless you know something I don't, I don't believe there is a way to retire from it!
I asked this question so I could show how diverse this group really is, knowing that there are a few Mom's out there!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

1. What do you enjoy most about BMT?

I enjoy getting to meet so many people that share a love for cars and driving as I do. The driving itself is a blast of course but it would not be the same without being surrounded by people who are also taking joy in the great driving experience.

2. What brought you to BMT for the very first time?

I had just arrived in Little Rock and randomly saw a post on this forum about it. I decided at the last minute to drive up and go without really knowing anyone and it was the best welcome to Arkansas I could have asked for.

3. How many BMT meets have you been to?

Two

4. Would you say you have made friends because of BMT? If so, how have they affected your life?

Yes, I still regularly keep in touch with many people I met at the BMT's I attended. The friends I met there had a great impact on me because the past few years I have moved around a lot with the military and it is really refreshing to meet a group of people I can connect with outside of the military. Having this circle of friends outside the military really allows me to truly get away from work and at many bases one can be hard pressed to find a circle of "civilians" off base they can really get to know well. This alone made leaving Little Rock the most difficult move I have had since entering the Air Force.

5. How far do you have to travel to make this event?

3-4 hours

US Air Force C-130J Pilot

7. On a scale of 1-5, how passionate are you about driving?

Old 11-08-2011, 04:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Becky, Thank you for taking on this project. I am the other original Arkansas Boston Mountains Tour co-organizer.

Introducing Honda S2000 and other sport car drivers and their passengers to the wonderful twisting roads
in the Boston Mountain Range of NW Arkansas and watching them really increase their driving skills in the
process! Seeing so many of the rare S2000 cars and owners in one location forming friendships and making
a BMT family with other brands of sport cars.
When I first purchased my S2000 it was the only one in the county (there are two now), and I wanted to meet
other S2000 owners. At that time there were no spirited driving events in the Boston Mountains (except for
some (out of area) Porsche group that would speed through the area once or twice a year). JulieU and I decided
to organize and hold a safe spirited driving event for other S2000 owners and that became the semiannual BMT.
We had requests from other brand sport car owners to be included from the very first BMT, so from the first BMT we
have welcomed other high performance cars in this joint S2KI & S2KCA event. Since then the Mazda MX-5 Club,
Lotus Super 7 Club, Ferrari Club of America, Corvette Clubs, etc. have developed tour events in the Boston
Mountains of Arkansas. Also, this area has been discovered by a million motorcycle riders.
All ten!
4. Would you say you have made friends because of BMT? If so, how have they affected your life?
Absolutely! I cherish each and every one of the car guys & gals that have added so much fun and friendship to
my life.
About 1 hr & 45 min.

Retired from Texas DOT 20-years ago with 32 years service.

I would have loved to have been a professional race driver. In 1961-1963 I raced Corvettes in SCCA Regional and
Divisional Races in Texas and Louisiana and went from Outstanding Novice to S.W. Division A/P Champion in three years.
In my three years of racing, I never put a scratch on a race car, but it was just a matter of time before I would
be involved in a wreck. To race nationally was beyond my financial ability on a state salary (my Crovette race car
was my daily driver), and I was too proud to ask to drive some team car. It is just as well that I did quit as I am
sure that I would not have survived to my current age of 75 years.
I would say 5+
Old 11-08-2011, 05:46 PM

Getting to know more about my car and getting to experience more of these incredible Arkansas roads.

My Honda shop -- HondaPro in Fayetteville -- gave me a flyer when I was in for my last service.

Just Fall 2011.

I met lots of great, friendly people. I hope we become friends.

50 miles.

Advertising.

Well, in comparison to most I met on Saturday, I'd have to say "three." I'm a definitely sunday driver.
I love the top down. I love winding roads. I love great scenery. I love the sound of my car sweeping under a canopy of trees.
But I'm not all that excited about speed. Or attacking a curve. Or even "pimping my ride."
I just hope to become a more confident driver. A safer driver. And every once in a while a more spirited driver.
I will be back... just look for me way behind in the slow group!

Greg
Old 11-08-2011, 07:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I enjoy hanging out with people who share the same passion as I do

I had participated in 3 Dragon events and wanted to find something closer to home. I saw the post for the event and knew it would be a blast.

Three events so far :-)

Absolutely! One of the greatest things I enjoy about life in general is meeting new people and making new friends. Especially, ones who share the same passion as I do driving the S

320 miles

Sales Manager for Pepperidge Farm

I drove 320 miles to get there 5 for sure! I have always had a vested interest in cars ever since my dad got me involved. He was a mechanic by trade and would always include me when he worked on his vehicles. Sad part is I don't think I can remember how to do half the stuff he taught me.

Keith
Old 11-09-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by SimonRL
Hiya Becky,

I hope this helps. Will we see a draft of your speech when you are done? Good luck.

Simon

1. What do you enjoy most about BMT? Spending quality time with a extremely eclectic group of people and sharing a truly unique experience with them. There are plenty of drives and track days, but the BMT is a one-of-a-kind event. Every BMT I have been on - even the infamous one – has been a life altering day.
I was invited by a friend
six
I have made countless friends because of the BMT. My best friend watched me go off the mountain backward. Yesterday we blasted down country roads together with barely any separation between us. There's no one I trust driving with more.
10 hours.
I am a video Producer/Director
Simon,

First of all, let me say we missed you, your dad and the Miata this BMT!!

As far as seeing a draft of the speech, ABSOLUTELY!!

Thanks for participating!!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore2k
Becky, Thank you for taking on this project. I am the other original Arkansas Boston Mountains Tour co-organizer.

Introducing Honda S2000 and other sport car drivers and their passengers to the wonderful twisting roads
in the Boston Mountain Range of NW Arkansas and watching them really increase their driving skills in the
process! Seeing so many of the rare S2000 cars and owners in one location forming friendships and making
a BMT family with other brands of sport cars.
When I first purchased my S2000 it was the only one in the county (there are two now), and I wanted to meet
other S2000 owners. At that time there were no spirited driving events in the Boston Mountains (except for
some (out of area) Porsche group that would speed through the area once or twice a year). JulieU and I decided
to organize and hold a safe spirited driving event for other S2000 owners and that became the semiannual BMT.
We had requests from other brand sport car owners to be included from the very first BMT, so from the first BMT we
have welcomed other high performance cars in this joint S2KI & S2KCA event. Since then the Mazda MX-5 Club,
Lotus Super 7 Club, Ferrari Club of America, Corvette Clubs, etc. have developed tour events in the Boston
Mountains of Arkansas. Also, this area has been discovered by a million motorcycle riders.
All ten!
Absolutely! I cherish each and every one of the car guys & gals that have added so much fun and friendship to
my life.
About 1 hr & 45 min.

Retired from Texas DOT 20-years ago with 32 years service.

I would have loved to have been a professional race driver. In 1961-1963 I raced Corvettes in SCCA Regional and
Divisional Races in Texas and Louisiana and went from Outstanding Novice to S.W. Division A/P Champion in three years.
In my three years of racing, I never put a scratch on a race car, but it was just a matter of time before I would
be involved in a wreck. To race nationally was beyond my financial ability on a state salary (my Crovette race car
was my daily driver), and I was too proud to ask to drive some team car. It is just a well that I did quit as I am
sure that I would not have survived to my current age of 75 years.
I would say 5+
Jerome,

It is definitely an honor to take on this project! Reading all the positive feedback from everyone is amazing!
I had an idea of how much this event means to everyone, but after reading the replies, I must say, there is a little added pressure to do a good job! I hope the end result shows just how passionate everyone is about this event! I will try not to disappoint!

I would like to personally thank you, and JulieU for founding this event, I have now been 3 times (plus 2 pre-drives) and I can say, this is the best event I've been to! After the first pre-drive (even after 23 hours in the Lotus) I couldn't wait to come back... and I'm already counting down to the Spring 2012 BMT!!

I'm also going to be a bit selfish and say I'm kinda glad you weren't financially able to race nationally... I couldn't image BMT without you!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Good lucky with the speech Becky!

I think, meeting all the other enthusiasts, and spending time with the people I already knew was the best part.

Finally having something to take on the twisties!

This was my first and hopefully not my last!

I would definitely say yes, I met some amazing and interesting people because of BMT. Can never have enough friends!!!

Just a few hours

I own Kirk Kustoms and Collision repair. A badass bodyshop!

Im gonna go with a 4. strictly because I know there are some hardcore drivers out there that put me to shame!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kirk Kustoms
Good lucky with the speech Becky!

Thanks a bunch Kyle!! and thanks again for being in the audience for my first one!

Originally Posted by Kirk Kustoms

I own Kirk Kustoms and Collision repair. A badass bodyshop!
GOOD WORK AIN'T CHEAP!
CHEAP WORK AIN'T GOOD!
Old 11-13-2011, 09:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mpetus
Hello All, this is actually Becky (I know, I know... I still haven't taken time to get my own profile, but I will soon!)

I am in need of some help... I have a project (speech) for school and I chose BMT as my topic. All I need is a few questions answered! Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks again guys!!!

Becky, I know the project is likely to be complete by now but I would still like to contribute. Hope you did well!!

I enjoy the people and their passion for driving and having a good time. I love how I know (at least) twice a year I can be with my BMT family, that has grown considerably over the years.

I saw the the posts on the forums back when the event first started. I missed the first few due to scheduling conflicts. Mainly it was talking to Julie and Jerome over the years and I loved their passion for the event.

I have attended 7 BMT's
in 2009 When Julie and Jerome decided to pass the organizational torch on and not many people stepped up to the plate, I chose to take over the event. After having attended and the amount of enthusiasm I had for the event, there was no way I was going to let BMT die. So here I am, 4 events now as the BMT Organizer / Tour Master, and despite how challenging it is to put a BMT together, I have no regrets in accepting the challenge.

I have made countless friends from the BMT's. I consider every BMT-er family. We keep adding to the family (cheers guys and gals). These good people have affected my life as they keep me passionate about putting on the event, to continue to improve the event and keep it a success.
I respect each one of you for your time you take out of your lives to participate in the BMT. It is an event like none other and to see a smile on your faces as we re-cap the day or in my rearview mirror as we climb a hairpin mountain road turn, makes it all worth while.
The BMT participants are what make this event so enjoyable and widely talked about! Thanks to you all!

Typically 6 hours ~ 400 miles from Shreveport, Louisiana ... but if you count the pre-drives and all the seat time I travel about 2,500 miles for a single BMT, altogether.

I am a Sales Representative for Verizon Wireless . The most reliable wireless connection in the Boston Mountains

5++++