California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anyone have Recaro Pole Positions I Could Sit In?

Old 02-06-2019, 10:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone have Recaro Pole Positions I Could Sit In?

As the title states, does anyone have any pole positions I could try out? I'll buy you a burger and fries or something

Backstory if you're curious:
I figured I'd take a risk and try out a new seat out on the market, the Sparco QRT-R. I thought it would fit based on the dimensions since it seems really close in size to the pole positions, and also because it has been advertised as being for taller people and fitting in the S2000.

The QRT-Rs fit somewhat, but when you move the seat back the wings begin to rub the side, preventing me from going back farther. I'm 6'2 and I need to be able to get the seat back.

I also don't sit low enough, because the PCI rails I got aren't wide enough to let the seat go to the floor. I got the PCI rails because of all the horror stories I've heard of the Buddy Clubs.

​​​​​​Here's a pic of the seat in the car:

​​​​​​

I guess on a side note, the seats will likely be up for sale

Last edited by Kram in a Cab; 02-06-2019 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:16 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

So i've been looking into Aftermarket seats as well, but i did have a question about the Sparco's. How comfortable are they? If you did a drive lets say down to LA, scale of 1-10 on comfort? 10 being the best. Its always hard to tell how comfy aftermarket seats are because the seat cushion looks so thin. I'm looking for something to replace my OEM seats (not very comfy imo) to something thats adjustable, has some bolster and is good for 2 hour long trips (i drive up to Sac a decent amount).

As for the Recaro's, are you in the Norcal S2k facebook group? Theres a few members in there with the Pole Positions i'm sure they would let you sit in.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still want to try?
Old 02-16-2019, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by law471471
Still want to try?
Hey, thanks so much for the offer, but I got a chance to sit in one last week and ended up buying a used one. Feels SO good! Just can't beat Recaros for a DD/track car.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by xxyion
So i've been looking into Aftermarket seats as well, but i did have a question about the Sparco's. How comfortable are they? If you did a drive lets say down to LA, scale of 1-10 on comfort? 10 being the best. Its always hard to tell how comfy aftermarket seats are because the seat cushion looks so thin. I'm looking for something to replace my OEM seats (not very comfy imo) to something thats adjustable, has some bolster and is good for 2 hour long trips (i drive up to Sac a decent amount).

As for the Recaro's, are you in the Norcal S2k facebook group? Theres a few members in there with the Pole Positions i'm sure they would let you sit in.
Hey man, sorry for the late response. In terms of how comfortable the QRTR is, my answer would be.. not very. I drove 1 hour to sit in a buddy's Pole Position (thanks Mario!) and by the time I got there, my lower back was aching and I was itching to get out and have a stretch. On a scale from 1 - 10, I would give it maybe a 4. The bottom cushion is indeed thin - after an hour I could feel my ass begin to touch the shell through the padding - the PP in comparison, have quite a bit more padding everywhere except at the headrest - for some reason there's practically nothing up there. That being said, keep in mind I never really got it set up right - the rails I had wouldn't allow me to get it low enough because I did not want to go with Buddy Club rails. If you don't mind the BC rails, you could probably get them to a height you want. Positioning is everything when setting up these seats.

Now that I've had a chance use both in my car, I can tell you for a fact that the QRTR is much more track oriented, even with the limited time I had them in my car. I have never been held in the car as well as I have been with the QRTR. When I drove through a back road, and I was astonished at how I can let my body lean on the side of the seat and not have to brace myself; the seat just holds. The PP, in comparison do hold you in very well, but there is just a teeny bit more movement at the shoulders and at the thighs since the wings and side bolstering are a bit smaller. I don't mind it though because it is my DD, and they let me get in and out of the car easier as a result. To the detriment of the QRTR, the wings actually prevent you from sliding the seat back far enough since the left wing hits the door. The right side wing grazes the middle glove compartment, but can still open.

Since you seem to have the same situation as me, my advice would be to save up the extra bucks for the Pole Position - they really are the best choice for S2000s. I took a risk buying the Sparcos since it was advertised as fitting larger waist sizes and fitting in the S2000s, and now I'm stuck trying to find a damn box and paying $85 in shipping to return it to OG Racing . OG Racing has been amazing in working with me though - would definitely recommend buying from them.

Hope this helps!
The following users liked this post:
06S2k07Si (07-26-2020)
Old 02-19-2019, 02:59 PM

try griffen moterwerke in berkeley, they have a lot of different seats...and I'm pretty sure they have pole positions.

im 5'11 and a little over 200 pounds and I think I'm the max size for the pole position with pci rails in my s2000...
Old 02-20-2019, 07:37 AM

qrtr sucks ass
Old 02-20-2019, 11:08 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Kram in a Cab
Hey man, sorry for the late response. In terms of how comfortable the QRTR is, my answer would be.. not very. I drove 1 hour to sit in a buddy's Pole Position (thanks Mario!) and by the time I got there, my lower back was aching and I was itching to get out and have a stretch. On a scale from 1 - 10, I would give it maybe a 4. The bottom cushion is indeed thin - after an hour I could feel my ass begin to touch the shell through the padding - the PP in comparison, have quite a bit more padding everywhere except at the headrest - for some reason there's practically nothing up there. That being said, keep in mind I never really got it set up right - the rails I had wouldn't allow me to get it low enough because I did not want to go with Buddy Club rails. If you don't mind the BC rails, you could probably get them to a height you want. Positioning is everything when setting up these seats.

Now that I've had a chance use both in my car, I can tell you for a fact that the QRTR is much more track oriented, even with the limited time I had them in my car. I have never been held in the car as well as I have been with the QRTR. When I drove through a back road, and I was astonished at how I can let my body lean on the side of the seat and not have to brace myself; the seat just holds. The PP, in comparison do hold you in very well, but there is just a teeny bit more movement at the shoulders and at the thighs since the wings and side bolstering are a bit smaller. I don't mind it though because it is my DD, and they let me get in and out of the car easier as a result. To the detriment of the QRTR, the wings actually prevent you from sliding the seat back far enough since the left wing hits the door. The right side wing grazes the middle glove compartment, but can still open.

Since you seem to have the same situation as me, my advice would be to save up the extra bucks for the Pole Position - they really are the best choice for S2000s. I took a risk buying the Sparcos since it was advertised as fitting larger waist sizes and fitting in the S2000s, and now I'm stuck trying to find a damn box and paying $85 in shipping to return it to OG Racing . OG Racing has been amazing in working with me though - would definitely recommend buying from them.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the response. I think i dont really want the PP due to it being a fixed bucket seat. After some other research it really seems recaro's are the best in terms of comfort which works out as they are decently priced and i can probably find some used ones for not too much money. However i dont want a fixed seat and was looking at the Sportster GS seats. However i was reading somewhere that they dont really fit (or if they do you cant use your center storage anymore) and that they sit higher than stock, which is bad since i'm 6"3'. I'm as much a fan of form as i am of function and i want something like is really comfortable that kinda almost look like the oem seats. I've even contemplated trying to see if the Miata ND seats fit in our car since i love how they look and they are comfortable as all hell (my roommate owns one).
Old 02-20-2019, 11:36 AM
Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tbkonwso
qrtr sucks ass
Hey who's this guy I agree the sparco isn't a great choice for any small two seater.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Kram in a Cab did you use PCIs slider rail or fixed bracket?
I just bought these so I need these to fit lol
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Anyone have Recaro Pole Positions I Could Sit In?