California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Bay Area S2k dealers, prices--need info

Old 01-12-2001, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to find a dealer in No Cal willing to sell somewhere close to MSRP, without the funny mandatory "options". I've sent quote requests to every dealer listed on DealerNet.com as having an S2k in stock. So far everyone wants $4-5000 over MSRP. I'm willing to go out of state to save big bucks, but am concerned about registration and taxes.
Any ideas, guys?
Old 01-12-2001, 09:00 PM

try checking Yahoo classifieds. They have a pretty decent listing of S2k's there. Thats where I found mine for $32500 with 60miles. =)
Old 01-12-2001, 09:59 PM

best i found were:
Serramonte Honda
San Leandro Honda

in both cases they were above MSRP, but by a small amount and both were willing to negotiate.

key is to work through their internet services dept rather than their normal sales people (that alone dropped about $2500 off the price).

-c
Old 01-13-2001, 01:36 AM

One more thing, Anderson Honda sucked crap. They have a lot of S2k's on the lot, last time I was there, they had about six of em but they were asking 35-36k for a used one!!! What the hell, and one salesman told me that people were paying 70k for the car!! Bunch of BS. But I'll probably get my car serviced there, heard the owner was an S2k fanatic and they have sold a lot of them over MSRP so their mechanics should be well versed in S2k engines. Anyone have any thoughts on where to get the stook serviced in the Bay?
Old 01-13-2001, 04:16 PM

I had my 15k maintenance done at Anderson, and they did a good job, but forgot to reset the maintenance light (I did it myself).

I'm going 'round with them on replacing the rear-window, but it ain't over yet!

---Paul

PS - There's a "Honda-friendly" place in San Bruno that changes my oil for me with Mobil-1, but I've spaced on their name.
Old 01-13-2001, 04:18 PM

Re: Bay Area pricing - I bought mine 16 months ago when the Bay Area dealers were REALLY gouging!
(that's why I bought mine in Massachusetts and had it shipped!)

---Paul
Old 01-13-2001, 08:36 PM

I had the grind fixed at Andersen and was very pleased by the service department's capability and care. Bought mine over a year ago, but I went down to LA for a somewhat better price (and had the pleasure of a FINE drive back) PR Motorsports in Hayward did my Mobil 1 change and put the Spoon X on for me. They work on Honda & Mazda and are both honest and careful. Rick, the owner is a stand up guy, a racer, and pleasure to work with.
JohnA
Old 01-14-2001, 10:44 PM

Originally posted by StanTheMan
I'm trying to find a dealer in No Cal willing to sell somewhere close to MSRP, without the funny mandatory "options". I've sent quote requests to every dealer listed on DealerNet.com as having an S2k in stock. So far everyone wants $4-5000 over MSRP. I'm willing to go out of state to save big bucks, but am concerned about registration and taxes.
Any ideas, guys?
Bought mine from Livermoore Honda for MSRP.

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM DUBLIN HONDA. Arrogant pricks!

Saw my first yellow today at Concord Honda...asking $42.7. Lady tried to tell me they "dont discount their cars". I said, "no, evidentally you mark them up $9k". She said, "we put the rear spoiler, the front spoiler, touch of class, the windscreen and floormats in the car" I say "Hunny, the floormats and the windscreen come stock with the car this year and the rest of the options cost no more than $1k. That means you are marking the car up $9k." "you seem to know allot about this car." "Yeah, I bought mine cash and was thinking of buying a yellow one too, but I bought mine for MSRP from Livermoore Honda because they didnt try to dick with me." (long pause) "oh".
Old 01-15-2001, 12:34 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

StanTheMan,
I bought mine at Vacaville Honda a year ago September. Paid MSRP plus options they added. I understand they are still selling at MSRP. Give them a try. Bought mine from Woody, somewhat dippy guy, but honest.
Morris
Old 01-15-2001, 03:27 PM

I did the same thing you did, calling and mass-emailing all CA dealers, from urban LA and SF dealers to small hick town dealers. Couldn't get anything less than 5k over MSRP. The ones that did get a "good" price couldn't guarantee delivery time or color (what the hell?). I wanted a red one in a month's time and NO dealer could provide that. And then there are those jack ass dealers who take you for a fool and tell you they justify their 9k markups with spoilers and such (please!). The best is to deal with internet service reps because they can secure a car for you before it arrives in the dealership, preventing it from undergoing the 9k spoiler treatment. I knew about this scam so I made certain I was getting the car "as-is" straight from japan, no goofy dealer mods to jack up the price.

Finally got my S2k from a dealer in Eugene, Oregon called Kendall Honda. They gave it to me for $2500 over MSRP which was not only better than any CA dealer (during the Nov-Dec 2000 timeframe), but he got in in my color. They came through with their promised delivery date of no later than Dec 31, 2000. They called me as soon as it arrived and because they knew how anal I was, they even asked if I wanted them to leave the plastic on the car. I received the car straight off the truck, un-molested by money hungry accessory happy dealers. The drive took forever, but it was worth it I guess. You may want to consider this option.

Quick Reply: Bay Area S2k dealers, prices--need info